Right now on the History Channel...

E

Excelsior Club
...there's a facinating look at the history of comics. Stan Lee and Joe Quesada are two of the industry people talking about the history.

Check it out if you can...

They're starting to talk about the Fantastic 4...

Yeah, I've seen it a few times. It's an awesome special. I'll have to watch it when they re-air it later tonight.

After that, they've got "Look Up In The Sky! The Amazing Story of Superman". I saw it on A&E. I liked it so much that I Tivoed it and saved it on a DVD. It's definitely worth a look.

moonmaster said:
Yeah, I've seen it a few times. It's an awesome special. I'll have to watch it when they re-air it later tonight.

After that, they've got "Look Up In The Sky! The Amazing Story of Superman". I saw it on A&E. I liked it so much that I Tivoed it and saved it on a DVD. It's definitely worth a look.
What time is the re-air?

moonmaster said:

Yeah...I've seen the special as well. I love how they cover the entire spectrum of the comic history. Including "the code"...bringing politicism into the comic world...maturization of character....etc.

A really great special. And the Superman special is awesome too. They're selling it on DVD at Wal-Mart.

moonmaster said:
Over here in the Central Time Zone, it's 1 A.M.
Crap, that's 2am here. And I have to be asleep cuz I got church and a parade tomorrow.

Oh well. Guess I'll be falling asleep throughout the day. :D

Ice said:
Crap, that's 2am here. And I have to be asleep cuz I got church and a parade tomorrow.

Oh well. Guess I'll be falling asleep throughout the day. :D
You need Tivo.

Victor Von Doom said:
Seriously man. I'm dying here without it. I missed Venture Bros last week and was unable to catch the re-air.

TIVOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
I'm gonna start recording Venture Bros. and saving it on to DVDs. That way I won't have to buy the second season DVD.

I watched this forever ago when I was getting into comics. I need to watch it again now that I have read lots and lots more.

I've seen this program before. I really liked it. I honestly learned a lot watching it.

Speaking of Tivo, why don't you just resort to the poor man's Tivo... The VCR. I think Adam Corolla said it best with, "Tivo hasn't made me enjoy TV more. It's made me hate it when I don't have Tivo."

The man who can make a Tivo as portable as an iPod is never going to revered as a god, which will inevitably incur the rather of god and will be burn in eternal hell fire... But until that happens his life will be sweeeeet!

I saw it last night for the first time. It was very good and I learned a couple of new things. Plus, I don't know if this was because it was made a few years ago, but Stan Lee seemed a bit more together than he does now, what with the Shortterm Memory Loss and everything. :wink:

ultimatedjf said:
Plus, I don't know if this was because it was made a few years ago, but Stan Lee seemed a bit more together than he does now, what with the Shortterm Memory Loss and everything. :wink:

Oh yeah...this is easily like 3 years old. It came out right about the time Spiderman 2 came out to theaters.

Victor Von Doom said:
Oh yeah...this is easily like 3 years old. It came out right about the time Spiderman 2 came out to theaters.

No, I knew it was from a while ago (the Tvguide said '03, a year before Spidey 2). I was just thinking that it seemed Stan Lee's memory problem definitely wasn't as bad as it is now.

But hey, it's the same with my Grandma; 3 years ago she was fine, and now she can't remember that she told me the same thing two minutes ago.

ultimatedjf said:
No, I knew it was from a while ago (the Tvguide said '03, a year before Spidey 2). I was just thinking that it seemed Stan Lee's memory problem definitely wasn't as bad as it is now.

But hey, it's the same with my Grandma; 3 years ago she was fine, and now she can't remember that she told me the same thing two minutes ago.
Yeah, it was '03. I remember because it was originally hosted by Peta Wilson who was promoting "League of Extraordinary Gentlemen".

Latest posts

Back