Rob Zombie's Halloween

the watcher

Yes Rob Zombie attempts to re-create the Horror of...

Halloween

Release Date: August 31, 2007
Studio: Dimension Films (The Weinstein Company)
Director: Rob Zombie
Screenwriter: Rob Zombie
Starring: Scout Taylor-Compton, Malcolm McDowell, Daeg Faerch, Tyler Mane, Sheri Moon Zombie, Pat Skipper, Dee Wallace Stone, William Forsythe, Ken Foree, Lew Temple, Danny Trejo, Hanna Hall, Danielle Harris, Adrienne Barbeau, Clint Howard, Courtney Gains, Daryl Sabara, Heather Bowen, Brad Dourif, Udo Kier, Kristina Klebe
Genre: Horror
MPAA Rating: Not Available
Official Website: Not Available
Review: Not Available
DVD Review: Not Available
DVD: Not Available
Movie Poster: Not Available
Production Stills: Not Available
Plot Summary: Rob Zombie's vision of this film is an entirely new take on the legend and will satisfy fans of the classic "Halloween" legacy while beginning a new chapter in the Michael Myers saga. This new movie will not only appeal to horror fans, but to a wider movie-going audience as well. It will not be a copycat of any prior films in the "Halloween" franchise.

Teaser:
http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/halloween.html

Is any going to see this??

Re: Rob Zombie's Holloween

Maybe I'll see it. depends what mood I'm in. I'm certainly not going to run out on opening day or anything. But sometimes I just want to see a horror movie.

I like Rob Zombie even though I haven't seen any of his films or listened to any of his albums. Just in interviews and stuff he seems cool.

Maybe I'll see it. depends what mood I'm in. I'm certainly not going to run out on opening day or anything. But sometimes I just want to see a horror movie.

I like Rob Zombie even though I haven't seen any of his films or listened to any of his albums. Just in interviews and stuff he seems cool.

This is gonna be good. Nobody understands or is a bigger fan of horror movies than Rob Zombie.

I mentioned this a while ago when I first started talking about hating remake.

Don't get me wrong Rob Zombie is good but the first one was directed perfectly

I don't want to say this as I know people will disagree but , Nah-ah , uh-uh , Mole no likey. Looked like a typical horror film and I was right It looks like it's lost the beauty the original had.

Where the shots had things like tree branches in the way that gave off the feeling that something was watching. The mask looks wrong , The escape scene from the prison didn't seem very Halloween like.

If this had a different name maybe I would be interested but as of now I have officially lost all interest and hope in this film. It's no way an insult to Rob Zombie , I like his music , I liked his House of a thousand corpses but this nope.

This is gonna be good. Nobody understands or is a bigger fan of horror movies than Rob Zombie.

Isn't that what people said about House of 1000 Corpses? Look at how bad that was. I can't comment on The devil's rejects. I've had a copy on my dresser for 6+ months and haven't watched it.

I liked his House of a thousand corpses but this nope.

See, Mole made my point for me.

My only question for this is why is it being released August 31st? Why not release it so it can still be out on Halloween?

Isn't that what people said about House of 1000 Corpses? Look at how bad that was. I can't comment on The devil's rejects. I've had a copy on my dresser for 6+ months and haven't watched it.

I'd have a friend that has 1000 Corpses as one of his favorite movies. He's a HUGE horror movie fan. I, unfortunately, never had the heart to tell him that it sucked.

Now, The Devil's Rejects. That was a completely different story. Brilliant movie.

So, Halloween is going to be a giant toss-up. The first trailer I saw looked amazing. This one? Horribly generic (And I almost got into a fight with that friend who thinks this trailer is the greatest thing he's ever seen). We'll see.

My only question for this is why is it being released August 31st? Why not release it so it can still be out on Halloween?

Crap, I just realized that.

It can't be worse than the last few Halloween movies. Rob Zombie said that he despises the latest films in the franchise.

I doubt I'll see this, the original wasn't very interesting (mostly because it doesn't stand the test of time) and I doubt this one will be worth $7.50.

I'd have a friend that has 1000 Corpses as one of his favorite movies. He's a HUGE horror movie fan. I, unfortunately, never had the heart to tell him that it sucked.

Now, The Devil's Rejects. That was a completely different story. Brilliant movie.
Yes, The Devil's Rejects is excellent.

I found House of 1000 Corpses to be very disappointing (after a lot of people I know said that they really liked it).

Rob Zombie seems to be taking more of his approach to Halloween from the former, which gives me hope for this. The Devil's Rejects proved that telling a horror movie from the killers' perspectives actually makes for a more effectively disturbing and interesting experience. Hence, the point of going into Michael Myer's past.

I still can't judge whether it will be good or bad yet. I'll have to wait and see.

Thats one of the weird things about Halloween movies...they never come out in October (at least the few released in the past decade...I can't remember before then).

I don't get it...maybe to have an extremely quick turn-around to have the DVD out two months later in time for Halloween? Not likely, but I can't make any sense of it.

However, I've always been a Michael Myers fan (notice I didn't say Halloween fan). So I'll probably end up seeing this on DVD...I might take the trouble to see it in theaters if it gets rave reviews and I'm stoned enough not to want to kill the usual high-school aged *******s who populate the theaters at the mall.

However, I've always been a Michael Myers fan (notice I didn't say Halloween fan). So I'll probably end up seeing this on DVD...I might take the trouble to see it in theaters if it gets rave reviews and I'm stoned enough not to want to kill the usual high-school aged *******s who populate the theaters at the mall.

What, you didn't like Halloween 3? :wink:

So has anyone seen this yet? I'm probably going to a matinée tomorrow afternoon, should I save my $6?

Latest posts

Back