Robert Kirkman posts black & white preview of Ultimate X-Men #72

Victor Von Doom said:
Did she do the coloring in Date Night? If not...then perhaps there's still a sliver of hope....
No way. Her colors are more vibrant and have more "life" to them than the ones used in Date Night that were very dull and pale. Laura only works on Astonishing that I know of.

If she wasn't doing that book, I would love for her to work on Ultimate X-Men. Especially on work that looks good like this in B&W, so when it's colored, it's not ruined.

Well, I definitely am impressed by the pages here... Colossus is tearing it up - literally. I can't wait to see where this fits into the story, too. The Magician probably has something to do with it... Or is the target this army is gunning for. How cool would that be? Anyway, I am looking forward to this.

To weigh in on the art... I would take Raney over the last guy on the title.

Goodwill said:
My sentiments, too. I'm afraid I don't sense any movement in his art, where in some one like Immonen's, I could.

I'm such an Immonen fanboy. If I could have him do all the UU titles....I would.

I'm kinda-sorta with you on that one... If I had to choose one artist who I would want to draw all of the UU titles, it would definitely be any of the Kuberts or Mark Bagley.

Goodwill said:
I'm kinda-sorta with you on that one... If I had to choose one artist who I would want to draw all of the UU titles, it would definitely be any of the Kuberts or Mark Bagley.

Blech.

The return of Syndicate!

ULTMX072002.jpg

TheManWithoutFear said:
Syndacite's awesome.

I'm not too big on Syndicate, but Syndicate's mission should prove to be very intresting if Kirkman can pull it together.

Victor Von Doom said:
Ugh.....of all the characters to bring back.....

He is sooooo ruining this title for me.

One issue is ruining the title for you? Wait. One well written issue is ruining the title for you?

Goodwill said:
One issue is ruining the title for you? Wait. One well written issue is ruining the title for you?

He's taking about Kirkman. Kirkman.

Goodwill said:

No. Not just one issue...but the past 6 issues have been bollocks for me. Date Night and Phoenix were just so "ugh" to me.

So no. Not just one issue. But the past 2 arcs....and I still have my reservations about the next arc as well.

Latest posts

Back