Rocky Balboa (Rocky VI)

Personally i dont think this movie will bomb. The reasons -

-The name alone will sell and have people watching and loving e.g Star wars prequals alot say sucked but it was star wars so people enjoyed it.

-Seeing rocky hit the meat like he use to made me mark out. it will for others as well the whole nastalgic yet something new vibe works

-The people who say they wont watch it imo are in the minority. and its cool they wont watch it alot will and love it e.g I refused to even think about watching superman returns (not a superman hater film just looked bad) yet alot loved it and thats cool.

-Seeing stalone play either rocky or rambo after all these years is something special like seeing Michel jordon go back to basket ball

-The film will be hyped enough to get intrest but not too much like most films now days that fail to live up to the hype.

ROCKY ROCKY ROCKY ROCKY ROCKY ROCKY ROCKY ROCKY ROCKY ROCKY ROCKY ROCKY ROCKY ROCKY ROCKY ROCKY ROCKY ROCKY ROCKY ROCKY ROCKY ROCKY ROCKY ROCKY ROCKY ROCKY ROCKY ROCKY ROCKY ROCKY ROCKY ROCKY ROCKY ROCKY ROCKY ROCKY ROCKY ROCKY ROCKY ROCKY

sjmole said:
-The name alone will sell and have people watching and loving e.g Star wars prequals alot say sucked but it was star wars so people enjoyed it.
That's what people thought about Superman Returns and its not doing as people would expect.

Ice said:
That's what people thought about Superman Returns and its not doing as people would expect.

yeah but one problem superman returns had is that alot of people said they watch it because its not christopher reeve. Thats not why i wont watch it but thats a nother story ...

Rocky has Sly so they wont have that problem. Terminator 3 alot say sucked yet it did fairl well due to fact it was arny back as terminator.

sjmole said:
yeah but one problem superman returns had is that alot of people said they watch it because its not christopher reeve. Thats not why i wont watch it but thats a nother story ...

Rocky has Sly so they wont have that problem. Terminator 3 alot say sucked yet it did fairl well due to fact it was arny back as terminator.
Just it has a person reprising a role does not mean it automatically means good sales or anything. Now note: I'm not saying this is going to do bad, suck, etc., either.

This is a deadly case of what you call "Sequalitis".

Ice said:
Just it has a person reprising a role does not mean it automatically means good sales or anything. Now note: I'm not saying this is going to do bad, suck, etc., either.

No. But I am!!! I'll go on record now!!!

Ehhh, I'm not jazzed to see this movie, probably won't even in theaters, but I'll see it eventually on DVD.

Its definitly a case of Stallone cashing in, but sometimes its also nice to see a resurfacing of long-dead properties (not most of the time, however, as they were probably dead properties for a reason).

I downloaded this movie as it's not out here yet.

The film was done really well. The story is done in a different way to 1-5. instead of the whole film been about the last film this one is more about his personal life and stuff he is going through e.g his wife been dead.

The final fight was done in different way too. it was done in a more emotional way than "will he win."

all in all this film is my favourite of 2006 and a great way to end the year.

i give it 9.4 out of 10

I heard it was a little too predictable to be that enjoyable. It's not that that ruins movies it just stops them from be great movies.

I heard it was a little too predictable to be that enjoyable. It's not that that ruins movies it just stops them from be great movies.

I didn't think so. It was the first one since II that had me thinking "Will he win?"

I like the Rocky movies and this one finally put a nice ending on the series. Rocky V was so bad that I was glad to see this finally done. It's a nice story, much more personal than its predecessors.

This needs to be it, though. I will hunt Sly down if they make a Rocky VII.

not really

the only reason some things were predictable was on some websites E.g IMDB people spoilt the ending with no warning

the ending is :

rocky looses!

see now that spoiler is ok because you dont have to see it but when people start titles with it then its bad

All in the film was not predictable give it a try Maxwell it's very good.

Latest posts

Back