San Diego ComicCon '09

AnTwan

I guess this goes here because I don't really know where else to put it.

I mentioned it before but things are getting a lot closer to the wire. I have my badge and my airfare for SDCC '09 squared away, and I was hoping I would have friends from home to shack up with in a hotel we would split 6 ways. Unfortunately all of my friends bailed (I guess that's what happens when you live in Maine and Massachusetts, about as far away from San Diego as humanly possible.)

So now I am on my way out there with no one. I can probably find a place, but I REALLY don't want to pay full price for it. I just don't have the money. Does anyone have a spare spot in a hotel room somewhere? I would obvious be willing to pay my share. I know no one on this site knows me personally but I promise I am not an axe murder :p

If no one has a spot I completely understand, however, if there are people going to the con we should hang out and hit panels together so I don't have to wander around by myself. I have never actually been to a con so I decided SDCC would be a good way to start it up with a bang. Any one else going and we could get together and hang out?

Cruises are fun, enjoy it! Where are you going?

I went on one and didn't really enjoy it that much. It wasn't horrible but I wouldn't call it fun.

i will be there AnTwan......But and this is a big BUT....im only going to the con on friday or saturday......cuz i'm going to las vegas, LA, and mexico all in the same week with a stop in san diego for the con....hit me up and we'll see what we can do.

i will also post this here juz in case.

my cousin backed out on me, so i have an extra pass to comic con san Diego, anyone want to go?

no strings attached, may need to play wingman/wingwomen.

i will be in chat thingy for any questions.

i will also post this here juz in case.

my cousin backed out on me, so i have an extra pass to comic con san Diego, anyone want to go?

no strings attached, may need to play wingman/wingwomen.

i will be in chat thingy for any questions.

:shock:

If I had money to go to San Diego. Just after I made all these concert plans!

So Joe Q said on Twitter that there will be a major announcement at the Cup O' Joe panel on Friday at 2 PM.

Now Rich Johnston has a post at Bleeding Cool (my new favorite comic site not named Ultimate Central) saying it is indeed big, will break the intarwebz in half, etc. etc.

Scuttlebutt suggests a few things - a Harry Potter comic, or the return of Todd McFarlane, Jim Lee, or Steve Ditko.

However, there are lots of rumblings that it involves Miracleman. A recent Alan Moore interview seems to give credence to this, and anyone who reads Rich Johnston would know that few things would get him worked into a lather as much as the return of Miracleman.

I hate that I always fall for the hype on stuff like this because usually (read: always) it turns out to be nothing, but because the Miracleman name is being tossed about I'm extremely interested.

I want it to be Miracleman but I know it's going to be something so stupid like a Twilight adaptation. :(

I want it to be Miracleman but I know it's going to be something so stupid like a Twilight adaptation. :(

Exactly.

If it is, that might be the last straw. I might have to burn all of my comics and shut down the site. For serious this time.

Of note from the BC post (emphasis mine):

But I've been asked to hold off from any mention, however small, even on the atomic level, because of unique issues involved. So I'm being nice.

If this ends up being Miracleman, this will be the best day ever.

EDIT: The more I think about how he forced atomic into that sentence, along with the Alan Moore line about some of the rights clearing up, AND Neil Gaiman talking about how he was writing characters he hadn't written in ages, but it was coming out really nicely on his twitter a few months back... THEN he said that we wouldn't see what he was working on for over a year and a half... Which would make perfect sense, if They start releasing it issue by issue, with Alan Moore's run, through Neil Gaiman's... So we wouldn't see any of the new material for two years (Issue #25).

EXTRA EDIT: There's also Rich's headline... "Marvel To Publish Something" which seems like an odd way to announce an event book, or a creator project... It sounds more like they've gotten their hands on something.

EXTRA EXTRA EDIT: Neil Gaiman is at SDCC.

Last edited:
If you had taken the time to read my earlier post, you would have seen that Matt Fraction has already broken the big announcement on Twitter.

Gonna be ****in' pandemonium.

Latest posts

Back