Scott Pilgrim vs. The World (spoilers!)

How would you rate Scott Pilgrim vs. the World?

• Total voters
Re: Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

Thanks. I always thought we needed a seperate thread for this.

I agree.

Also, this is going to be so awesome it deserves eight threads.

Thanks. I always thought we needed a seperate thread for this.

I searched for another thread and couldn't find one. Sue me.

We never put the trailers for Iron Man 2 in the Marvel Comics Discussion section, so I didn't think we would put the trailer for Scott Pilgrim vs. the World in the General Comics Discussion section.

And now that I see that it was posted in that regular Scott Pilgrim thread, it's barely noticeable if you skim down the page because all it is is "@#$%#$^%&*^*^*!" So don't blame me for not realizing that the trailer had already been posted.

Last edited:

All the movie discussion has been going down in the comic thread, but its definitely time to break the two.

And now that I see that it was posted in that regular Scott Pilgrim thread, it's barely noticeable if you skim down the page because all it is is "@#$%#$^%&*^*^*!" So don't blame me for not realizing that the trailer had already been posted.

:mrgreen:

heh.

No one's blaming you, dude. No worries.

I disagree with everyone! Blame Langsta! Merge the thread! Merge the thread!

At first glance, it really does seem like Michael Cera is playing himself. Again. But the elaborate fight sequences and the posturing "I'm going to tear them apart!", in addition to him sassing Ramona ("My baggage doesn't try to kill me every five minutes.") makes me optimistic that there will at least be a much-needed assertive element to Scott's personality in the film that Cera's roles usually lack.

Ramona looks fairly nondescript to me. Worst case scenario, the "mysterious" element that defines Ramona's personality in the books will end up being transfigured into a boring, shallow, lifeless generic indie movie love interest. It seems like it'd be really difficult to correctly portray her, given that her palpable aura in the comics might not translate well into film for a less-than-stellar actress, since it's so ineffable. It's a serious problem though, because we really need to understand Scott's instantaneous infatuation with her completely, and I don't think it can work if there isn't a two way street. Michael Cera's dopey, loving gaze won't be enough to sell this.

Also, Ramona's hair looks like a wig, which I find unbelievably annoying. It's redeemed, however, by the brief shot of Wallace, who's just grinning smugly. 'cause he's a badass.

****ing firewall!!! :arrgh::gripe::furious::arrgh::gripe::furious:

....the one trailer I've been waiting to see.

loved that trailer

apparently I've really been missing something

I need to get me some Scott Pilgrim

Latest posts

Back