Searching for comic digest

WarDoc

Greetings,

Here is the info in regard to this.

When I was like 10 years old, my mother purchased a color, horror comic digest from the grocery store. This would have been around 1975 or 1976 time frame.

Two stories I distinctly remember from said digest were:

A man has his wife go into the woods. When she gets there, wolves kill here. The guy thinks he's rid of her but she returns as a ghost floating at the same level as the second floor balcony. She beckons him to follow and he follows her while she stays about 20 feet in the air. Unfortunately for him, she leads him into a wolf pack and his demise.

The other story involves a traveler who stops at an old castle due to a severe storm. There, he is taken care of an unknown person but they are female and have a very gentle voice. Needless to say, he stays and they fall in love. Her only requirement is that he can never see her. They eventually marry and have kids. One night, he wants to see her and he does and sees she is a hideous monster and so are their kids. Needless to say, she takes flight. (this story may have been used for one of the stories in Tales from the Darkside).

Anyway, there you have it.

Thank you,

Kevin Butler

Latest posts

Back