Sherlock Holmes (Frogwares) Timeline

guys since 6 days ago was my bday, i was able to finally buy "Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened: Remake - Deluxe Edition" So i can finally see how it can work with the remastered.

(P.S. I don't think it is a problem since canonically the black peter case happened twice)

Played Only Chapter 1 of the game. It's enough similar to be considered a remake of the original and enough different to consider it a different case.

2024-03-31.png
Long Story short, the story is set in 2006 and we have the great, great grandson of sherlock as the protagonist, u can also see references to Lovecraft..... fuck!

Soooo sherlock's comics are canon?

P.S. About other novels = other novels tend to consider some of the canon doyle stories as fiction (idk why) so at least we don't get a reference to enola or some continuation novels bullshit, i won't consider other novels.

guys i'm into chapter IV of the game now. But i want to talk about chapter III. In this chapter there is a nnewspaper that says that a meteor fell on the city of arkham. This is an event that happened in July of 1882 in Lovecraft's novels.... so yeah, the chthulu Mythos are canon.

P.S. I hope we won't arrive to the moment when i have to chose if "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen is canon or not".

returning at this, i found a timeline for lupin. There are one good news and one bad news.

The good news is that the timeline has some holmes moments there, and the crossover novels, so we're good and Chapter One has a letter written by lupin that where he called him Herlock Sholmes, so the copyrighted name isn't a problem.

The bad news is that, lupin is born in 1874, but chapter one happens in 1880. In 1880 he stole the necklace of a noble woman, but idk if we can say that an 6 year old lupin could went briefly to cordona for tesisng sherlcok homes (who was already a detective by the time of chapter one. Also Lupin meet Holmes in 1902 for the 1st time, while nemesis happens in 1895. But maybe this could work. The only real problem is the 6 years old lupin.

https://www.coolfrenchcomics.com/arsenelupintimeline.htm

this is the timeline i've found.

okay guys, i finished the awakened remake.

So the chapters set in America are ok they changed every charachter.

The chapter in London has a teaser to Moriarty.

At the end of the game, the villain says to holmes after he failed, that "The Final Problem" is coming, setting the stage for Moriarty and so the ending of this new trilogy.

After that sherlock is mad, he lost control of his mind and watson is taking care of him, explaining the lack of cases between 1882 and 1887.

There are 2 cases set in 1883 and 1886 but that could mean the sherlock was doing only small cases to restore his health.

also since we're taking the comics into account, his resistence to madness in the 2nd coming of chthulu (in the remastered) is justified thx to previus supernatural encounter, like Dracula.

So in the end both the remake and remastered can work together. What I am afraid is tif they are gonna do a sherlock holmes vs. Moriarty game, coz if they set it in idk 1883 for example could be problematic. If it's set in 1891 then we're perfect, coz it could just be an adaptation of the final problem.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back