Should they make another Punisher movie?

It's only a reboot if you're starting from his origin again.

Not really, there were two Hulk movies, the first one an origin story, the second was a reboot, the second was not a sequel of the first one, despite not dealing with the origin.

If it isn't a sequel to War Zone its a reboot, heck a sequel to the 2004 film where Thomas Jane moves to NYC would have been better, the second was bad, but it wasn't a train wreck, at least the second one had some decent acting.

Last edited:
Not really, there were two Hulk movies, one origin story, the second was a reboot, the second was not a sequel of the first one, despite not dealing with the origin.
The second changed the origin story, which was explained in the opening credits.

And it was a sequel, but more like a "soft sequel" of sorts. Because it picked up with him in Brazil, where the Lee Hulk movie ended and continued from there, keeping elements from the first one.

If it isn't a sequel to War Zone its a reboot, heck a sequel to the 2004 film where Thomas Jane moves to NYC or so, the second was bad, but it wasn't a train wreck, at least the second one had some decent acting.
If it's not a sequel it is not an automatic reboot. Again, you can just continue with the movies without having to refer to the ones before, like a lot of the Bond movies have.

The second changed the origin story, which was explained in the opening credits.

And it was a sequel, but more like a "soft sequel" of sorts. Because it picked up with him in Brazil, where the Lee Hulk movie ended and continued from there, keeping elements from the first one.

If it's not a sequel it is not an automatic reboot. Again, you can just continue with the movies without having to refer to the ones before, like a lot of the Bond movies have.

The problem is you can't use a lot of the max characters that were wasted in war Zone, like Maginty, Pittsy, Ink and the slavers, they would have to reboot the whole thing.

Incredible Hulk was a Requel

ahh 2008 the year of made up Portmanteau's

How different is a requel from a reboot (requel just sounds like a soft reboot) because they would at least have to the Punisher work on film, that's how bad War zone was.

I could tolerate a vague sequel to the second Punisher movie, but War zone? No, just no.

If War Zone were to have just not gone over Franks Origin again, but imply what happened through the motivations of the character it would have been a Requel.

Superman Returns was kinda a Requel too I guess. They don't really tend to work.

Last edited:
If War Zone were to have just not gone over Franks Origin again, but imply what happened through the motivations of the character it would have been a Requel.

Superman Returns was kinda a Requel too I guess. They don't really tend to work.

Regardless I think new movie would need at least a soft reboot to work, I mean why bother not trying to contradict continuity in War zone, War Zone made no sense, so you might as contradict everything and anything from it. I don't think the slavers should be off limits just because they were used poorly in War Zone. Completely throwing out War Zone away would require a soft Reboot.

Though frankly I think Punisher has used up any good will from the general audience and no movie should be attempted for 10 years or so.

HBO Series.

Starring Ray Stevenson.

Based on Ennis' MAX line.

Period.

Screw this big screen Hollywood stuff.

That would be nice, but I doubt it would happen, HBO turned down Preacher, I doubt they would say yes to Punisher.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back