Shoulda been unstable molecules...

David Blue said:
The fundamentals are in place. I'm a happy customer.

I actually skipped the early trades because I'm not big on origin stories. I have "inhuman" and "crossover" and I like them both (50-50 on Namor, though. We'll see where that goes.) I'm getting into President Thor. Now that they have all the major "obligations" (dr. doom, galactus, the origin story, et al.) out of the way, they can get on with the neat comic-book, techno-wonder far-less-gritty-than-Ultimates adventures that make the FF worth reading. Reed's "Makes my Thoughts Solid" helmet was a bit much, though. I mean, isn't that really the last thing you'd ever need to invent? "Uses a lot of power" doesn't seem like an insurmountable obstacle.

plungingforward said:
I actually skipped the early trades because I'm not big on origin stories. I have "inhuman" and "crossover" and I like them both (50-50 on Namor, though. We'll see where that goes.) I'm getting into President Thor. Now that they have all the major "obligations" (dr. doom, galactus, the origin story, et al.) out of the way, they can get on with the neat comic-book, techno-wonder far-less-gritty-than-Ultimates adventures that make the FF worth reading.
I like Inhuman (or at least Think Tank) and Crossover (mainly the tale of the zombie four but also Namor and Doctor Storm). And I'm looking forward to more "neat comic-book, techno-wonder far-less-gritty-than-Ultimates adventures".

So, which does more to set up or point to these way-out-there adventures: the N-Zone, or unstable molecules? Of the four stories, one is clearly an N-Zone adventure, one that makes more sense because Reed Richards is the inventor of a dimensional portal, and there are no stories that turn on Reed Richards being the inventor of unstable molecules.

I think it's going to continue like that, and I want it to: the N-Zone will often set up adventures like family outings run amok, while unstable molecules, cool as they are, will only be relevant from time to time.

So the N-Zone should be central in the origin.

Rorschach said:
just dont let Card and his hard sci fi get involved or Reed will have elastic brain matter growing throughout his body

That has come up here a couple times, actually. The argument being, if that horror is what they'll allow to explain Tony Stark's intelligence, what on Earth would they do for Reed?

orson scott card, possibly homosexul? must remember to investigate further...

either way, unstable molecules keeps johnny from burning his suit of and gets reeds suit to stretch , works for me. its a good 'wizard did it" loop.

Latest posts

Back