SideKick (Image) [spec/spoilers]

nigma

Every once in a while a comic comes along that you pick up just its got a cool little cover and think, why not? i'll give it a try. and when your done. you just sit there starring at the last page going. how in the ^&#$%^# did they get this to print. its...its..... WONDERFULL.

this is one of those comics.

written by PAUL JENKINS
art & cover by CHRIS MORENO

how many times have you read a comic where the its the Sidekick that has to save the day at the same time, smoke a joint, deliver Pizza, save the world AND still find time to nail the bosses wife......and his stripper girlfriend. What happens when you can't pay the bills? You hire your self out to as many dumb superheros as you can.

i love this comic, if i had to choose just one title go get, i would drop everything including punisher max, runaways and 100 bullets. i mean its just so funny. most comics today are dark and layered with plot after plot.

this is just funny as hell, its good read a good ol' laugh out loud comic. anyone else picked this up? if not then do so NOW!!!

found this little sneak peak for #2 which came out a week or two ago.
Number 2

Last edited:
I saw this a couple weeks ago at my LCS. I didn't know much about it so opted not to get it since I've been burned by indies/Image stuff before. Bomb Queen, Hysteria, etc... they've all been a letdown. So I opted to pass on this.

But I'll look into it this week. With any luck he'll have both issues.

nigma said:
i mean its just so funny. most comics today are dark and layered with plot after plot.

I know exactly what you mean. I think that's why Nextwave is doing so well. It's just pure fun. Luckily, I've found a couple more books that have that light feel--Daughter of the Dragon, She-Hulk, Freshmen are just a few.

Not every book needs to be serious and groundbreaking.

Victor Von Doom said:
I saw this a couple weeks ago at my LCS. I didn't know much about it so opted not to get it since I've been burned by indies/Image stuff before. Bomb Queen, Hysteria, etc... they've all been a letdown. So I opted to pass on this.

But I'll look into it this week. With any luck he'll have both issues.

I know exactly what you mean. I think that's why Nextwave is doing so well. It's just pure fun. Luckily, I've found a couple more books that have that light feel--Daughter of the Dragon, She-Hulk, Freshmen are just a few.

Not every book needs to be serious and groundbreaking.

Bomb Queen....that was.....i can't comment it was that bad........ but if you flip through Side Kick #2, take a CAREFUL look at the panel where hes sleeping....and notice what you see. that was the funniest part for me.

nigma said:
Bomb Queen....that was.....i can't comment it was that bad........ but if you flip through Side Kick #2, take a CAREFUL look at the panel where hes sleeping....and notice what you see. that was the funniest part for me.

Bomb Queen was horrible, it was bad as if Bendis would write a Batman comic with him in the cave talking to Robin about puberty.

Sidekick is so funny, especially the Batman wannabe (forgot his name)

Ultimate Quicksilver said:
Bomb Queen was horrible, it was bad as if Bendis would write a Batman comic with him in the cave talking to Robin about puberty.

Sidekick is so funny, especially the Batman wannabe (forgot his name)

NIGHT JUDGE:
AND his sidekickSTOAT

Last edited:
Ultimate Quicksilver said:
"The Stoat is a Majestical animal... He's cunning!"
"So...Are you seeing anyone right now?"

He is so funny

its just one of those things you need.

have you seen the cover for number #3
pauljenkinssidekick_03.jpg

with the caption:

You'll believe an inflatable sex doll can fly as Mister Excellent takes Eddie on a training run. We uncover Doctor Scurrilous' impressive arsenal of robotic devices and answer the question, "When can a jockstrap kill at five hundred yards?" Plus: Bling's rap career begins to blossom, Justice Queen's bouncy rack and a party at stately Ektum Manor.

edit: the link
and cover for #4 the soilt for number 4

Last edited:
Hilarious comic!!! I just read the issues that are out and it's one of the funniest stuff I've ever read.

I'm talking Nextwave funny. That scene in issue #1 where his girlfriend is basically raping him and calling him a bad monkey is pure gold. Wait---platinum!!!! Pure comic platinum!!!!

Hilarious comic!!! I just read the issues that are out and it's one of the funniest stuff I've ever read.

I'm talking Nextwave funny. That scene in issue #1 where his girlfriend is basically raping him and calling him a bad monkey is pure gold. Wait---platinum!!!! Pure comic platinum!!!!

since when does Nigma disappoint?

I liked number 3, i haven't had a chance to re-read it and admire the art, but i liked 'BLING BOY' trying to talk Ebonics.

and the evil doc's machines, :lol: :lol:, and who keeps a pet brick?

i hope jenkins continues the series or brings it back for another mini - i never knew the guy had it in him to be so funny - everything i've read of his was soooo serious (and his spawn was very melodramatic lol)

Yeah I'm hoping this continues. I haven't heard any word on when the next issue comes out but you can guarantee that I'll be getting it!

Number #4 came in yesterday:

some high points:

"those were the speical MUSHROOM brownies".......

"you'll be ok if nothing bad happ...." -KABOOM- huge mushroom cloud and all the lights on the cars dash light up.

to start the issue off Eddie threatened the evil guys brick, and cuz of that the evil guy goes on a rampage. its funny how he tries to juggle all 4 heroes while high on mushrooms...and even has a chance to go into a strip joint as bling boy cuz the strippers need saving.

(some other stuff happens which you have to read to find out, very funny)

at the end the evil guy comes to pay Eddie a visit...only one issue left.

Number #4 came in yesterday:

some high points:

"those were the speical MUSHROOM brownies".......

"you'll be ok if nothing bad happ...." -KABOOM- huge mushroom cloud and all the lights on the cars dash light up.

to start the issue off Eddie threatened the evil guys brick, and cuz of that the evil guy goes on a rampage. its funny how he tries to juggle all 4 heroes while high on mushrooms...and even has a chance to go into a strip joint as bling boy cuz the strippers need saving.

(some other stuff happens which you have to read to find out, very funny)

at the end the evil guy comes to pay Eddie a visit...only one issue left.

I loved how he stopped in the strip joint to save some girls....but ended up staying for a few days.

Probably one of teh funniest comics out there right now. At times....better than NEXTWAVE.

Last edited:
I loved how he stopped in the strip joint to save some girls....but ended up staying for a few days.

Probably one of teh funniest comics out there right now. At times....better than NEXTWAVE.

i don't think it was a few days.........(have to re-read when i get to work)

Man wait until Nigma reads this.

What a "meh" way to end the book. This issue wasn't even that funny. Oh well....win some lose some.

it started out good, and then......nothing.

best part had to be on the way back from the C.A.S.H. event.

Latest posts

Back