Signature forgery.

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
From CBR's Lying in the Gutter:

STAN LEE HANCOCK

Back in the day, Marvel interns were instructed to fulfill mailed-in requests for autographs - so you had kids routinely forging Stan Lee and Jack Kirby's signature.

So if you were ever sent one, give it another look over...

That's why I'd never send in for requesting autographs through mail and what not. There's no proof that it's the actual person, and I'm that kind of paranoid person who would believe that. S'why it's better off in person.

I've never been big on the whole getting stuff signed deal
I love it. Makes the material (whatever it may be) more personal and even enjoyable to me.

I was almost on the floor geeking when C.B. Cebulski asked me who to make it out when he signed my X-Men Fairy Tales TPB. That was a few minutes before we met.

That sucks for anyone who got one.

I wouldn't try to get one of those because for me, the whole point of an autograph is that it's a symbol of you having met the person.

I've got some of people i've not met but I know they are real as I had to buy them off QVC

Though one of them (James Marsters from buffy) I did meet after it , in fact this year it was , and got his autograph again. Yes that one is more important or valuable to me personally than all the non-met autographs)

So I can see the point of getting them when you have not met them but also understand its better to meet them in person

****. I've got a "Stan Lee" autograph on my first issue of Kraven's Last Hunt. Now I have to go get it verified...

Though one of them (James Marsters from buffy) I did meet after it , in fact this year it was , and got his autograph again. Yes that one is more important or valuable to me personally than all the non-met autographs)

I met James earlier this year as well. Awesome to meet him. I wouldn't buy the autographs, because as people have said, it is like a symbol of having met that person.

I met James earlier this year as well. Awesome to meet him. I wouldn't buy the autographs, because as people have said, it is like a symbol of having met that person.

Cool , Yeah he was cool when met him , I also met Juliet Landau (buffy's Drusilla) and John Wesley Shipp (The Flash and Dawson's dad) which was cool as hell as never meet people like that often , Hell my first convention (besides pissing off Kevin Sorbo by mistake :lol: ) I didn't bother getting any autographs besides someone who did some art.

The buying of the autographs for me is to have it for collectors purposes. Like I never went to the conventions they had limited edtion figures but I have bought a load of the star wars ones and some others just for collection if that makes sense

I love it. Makes the material (whatever it may be) more personal and even enjoyable to me.

I was almost on the floor geeking when C.B. Cebulski asked me who to make it out when he signed my X-Men Fairy Tales TPB. That was a few minutes before we met.
As a Philippinoe, I can rarely get my stuff signed by your Yanqui stars, but when I do, I love it.

And you know what?

I don't care if it's not authentic.

Doesn't matter. I'm not looking to sell it, so much as enjoy the kitsch value of getting it signed.

I had "Spider-Man" sign my copy of Spectacular Spider-Man 200 when "he" was here to promote the Spider-Man film.

(I have an extra copy, so I had no worries about devaluation)

No, he was all spent up from dealing with kids all day.

:shock:

He's your role model! Or Ourchair = Spider-man , Which would explain mask squinting as it's away for you to express prevent emotions to creep people out :p :lol:

He's your role model! Or Ourchair = Spider-man , Which would explain mask squinting as it's away for you to express prevent emotions to creep people out :p :lol:
Spider-Man doesn't mask squint. His mask just happens to be Asian.

Spider-Man doesn't mask squint. His mask just happens to be Asian.

:lol: :lol: That's how he gets his costumes repaired he puts in a call to his family in sweat shops

"Uhhh yeah I kinda got hit with a pumpkin bomb .... and the sinister six are back. I'm going to need you guys to make me dozen costumes on the sly , thanks" :lol:

I've never gotten an autograph. When I went to Wizard World a few years back, I brought stuff to be signed but things didn't work out. It turned out that you had to buy special tickets to meet Kevin Smith and Jason Mewes and they sold out 10 minutes after we got there, the line for Alex Ross stretched halfway across the room, and I couldn't even find anyone else.

Latest posts

Back