Silent Hill: The Movie

cmdrjanjalani

How many of you guys have played Silent Hill? Gotta be one of the creepiest and most disturbing games I've ever played. It's even scarier than most "horror" movies we've seen these days. Well, for the uninitiated, it's a franchise whose gameplay is similar to Resident Evil, but its selling point is the disturbing atmosphere and intriguing storyline (although the gameplay's pretty good).

Well, it's going to have a movie and even if you have no idea what the game series are, you could see it for yourself. Here's the official movie website with an awesome Flash intro that includes clips from the film. For gamers, from the looks of it this is the first game-to-movie adaptation that actually "gets" the video game it is based on since the first Mortal Kombat movie.

Official Movie Website

What are your thoughts?

Note: The intro might take a while to load if your on dial-up.

Last edited:
Dude this game gave me chills. I couldn't play Silent Hill 4 'cause i was to scared lol
This movie is going to be great.

Ultimate Quicksilver said:
Dude this game gave me chills. I couldn't play Silent Hill 4 'cause i was to scared lol
Yes.

Silent Hill 1 and 2 are the first games in my ENTIRE twenty years of computer gaming addictedness that I have EVER been scared so ****less that I could not finish them. I tried playing the game with the lights off and headphones on and started crying. My brother can't even WATCH me play the game, the big sissy.

Ultimate Quicksilver said:
This movie is going to be great.
Only because Uwe Boll isn't directing it. :p :crazy:

ourchair said:
Only because Uwe Boll isn't directing it. :p :crazy:

Or Paul Anderson. Even though I did enjoy the Resident Evil movies, I'm sure it would have been better if the production was not retarded enough to fire George Romero, whose movies are the main inspiration for the entire freakin' franchise.

I've seen the production stills of the movie Silent Hill and the set. The set is amazing, and looks so much as the video game version of the town that it's disturbing. I cannot wait to see the movie, and an actual teaser is taking forever to be released.

Oh, and for you graphic artists out there living in the US, they have a poster making contest. Winner gets to have his poster be the official one used by the movie. What would be cooler than seeing your own work being posted in every cineplex all around the world?

Last edited:
Silent Hill is just so great. I totally love it. I think the movie will be great.

I've only played silent hill 1, but yeah, it was certainly the creepiest game I've ever played. First time I entered the alternate world I think I wet myself a little.
If they do capture the spirit of the game it will be a very successful horror movie indeed.

Guijllons said:
I've only played silent hill 1, but yeah, it was certainly the creepiest game I've ever played. First time I entered the alternate world I think I wet myself a little.
If they do capture the spirit of the game it will be a very successful horror movie indeed.

Yeah, for the meantime things are looking up. The flash intro alone could easily be mistaken as an intro of any Silent Hill game. You can even see Silent Hill 2's Pyramid Head in one of the scenes. From what I've seen, there's no out-of-place heavy metal music, schizophrenic MTV cinematography and over-the-top action sequences, just pure horror. There's no need for you have even heard of the games. April can't come soon enough.

Last edited:
I could never get into these types of games for they scare the bejebus out if me.

But I just seen the movie. It was the greatest horror movie ever.

First it wasn't scary. I mean it was creepy as ****. And you feel a major sense of dread during the movie. The special effect were top notch and very creepy. The music was unlike any I ever heard in a movie before. I really liked it.

Now the storyline. It was very original and from what I understand follows the game perfecty. By the end of the movie I was actually cheering for the major demon. The only movie I could compare the feel and creepiness to is the Hellraiser series.

The triange head dude was sick.

I liked that the movie didn't feel the need to kill lots of people to make it scary. Only two people died and it one wasn't by the demons. The ending was a total wtf. There will so be a sequel.

A+

IT was good, but seem to combine all four games into one film. They had the plot of the first (a little girl runs away after a car crash) the second (the main character being the girl's mother, and the triangle head dude) the third, (never played it, but my friend said the story line was similar to that one as well) and the fourth, (the hidden room thing).

But overall, it was a nice creepy film

It was basically the first game, only changing the protagonist from a man to a woman. The only elements you saw from the other games were teaser things, fanboy moments.

I will never think of barbed wire the same way again.

Awesome movie.

I loved this film. The story was great and it really made you feel uncomfortable like a horror movie should, holy **** that siren was freakey. The best scene was when Pyramid Head ripped the skin of that *****.

4/5

Last edited:
slimjim said:
I loved this film. The story was great and it really made you feel uncomfortable like a horror movie should, holy **** that siren was freakey. The best scene was when Pyramid Head ripped the skin of that *****.

4/5

I know...that was so cool.

Latest posts

Back