Silent War Discussion (Spoilers)

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Anyone reading this? I don't know why I didn't pick up SoM but, like most of David Hine's stories, I'm enjoying this a lot too.

Basically the Inhumans start threatening the U.S. Government for the crystals and the terrigan mists. One of them uses excessive force and kills a bunch of humans which leads to Gorgon surrendering himself as solely responsible for his soldier's mistake.

Maria Hill has a cliche evil scientist working for her and he decides to expose Gorgon to the mists a second time... resulting in him going from ugly and strong to hideous and superstrong.

Up on the moon, Luna trains and is charged with locating the gems since she has a bond to them for being overexposed the first time.

The mad scientists finds himself transformed when Gorgon breaks out and he is exposed to the mists. He sees himself as his own perfect experiment. Hill says that she doesn't want him working on other Inhumans because the result of a superpowered army of them is the exact opposite of what she wants. Noteing his new abilities (Strength), she wants to create super soldiers of human troops. The scientist discovers that a third eye is growing out of the back of his skull...

Black Bolt visits Maximus who tells him genocide is the only way to beat the underestimated human race.

When Black Bolt, Lock Jaw, Medusa, Karnak, etc... try to enter the pentegon Hill had a deflector shield that moved them to the north pole. There they were met by The Sentry. One of the Inhumans try to shake him by throwing a "bad dream" at him and he deflects it at Karnak.

Black Bolt and The Sentry almost face off but they talk instead. Sentry shows his power by creating a rift the size of the grand canyon. They agree that a battle would result in descruction of both races. The Inhumans leave.

They confront Luna again when it's found out she knows the location of the other crystals...

In New York they find Pietro and he taunts them by revealing the crystals are imbedded in his skin.

I gave up after the first issue. Good art, but it didn't really suit some of the characters. Boring story.

Frazer Irving, of Klarion fame is the artist.

I like him a lot, and the book is getting slightly interesting, a big change from the boring first issue.

I don't understand why this isn't a bigger event though. I mean, it's war between America and the Inhumans. That's a big deal and nobody's even mentioned it, despite obviously taking place before Civil War.

That's why. But cmon' everyone's complaining about "Big crossover events". People should be happy with this self contained story.

Well, there's a difference between a self-contained story, and a story with no ramifications. Isn't Quicksilver in X-Factor? Didn't he mentioned this ever?

And I'm not one complaining about big events. Bring 'em on, I say.

Well, there's a difference between a self-contained story, and a story with no ramifications. Isn't Quicksilver in X-Factor? Didn't he mentioned this ever?

And I'm not one complaining about big events. Bring 'em on, I say.

No one really knows about the war until they announced it in the first issue.

And it was in the Sentry issue of New Avengers.

Did anyone read the last issue? Kinda trippy with the time traveling .... I was kinda like "huh?"

That's what happens in a issue with Pietro, Layla, Jamie, & Luna. The kings of random no sense.

But I loved it, and I love the Layla cameo.

You know Im not really a big fan of the art but i think it works for this series. Gives it a weird, dark feeling. Kinda makes Quicksilver seem almost insane just by the way its drawn. I wouldnt want to see this guy on Xmen for example but i like the way it works here.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back