Silvestri on Ultimate Invasion?

ProjectX2 said:
They also said Ultimate Power will be done by a big artist, that will rock our socks off.

I made up the socks bit.

I haven't seen much of this guy's art -- links?

This guy did some of the best art in Uncanny X-Men back in the 80s.

Wow, we must have quite a few younger comics fans around here. Silvestri's like a legend, he was one of the first guys of Image back in the early 90's, made a lot of impact doing early Wolverine, X-Men issues for Marvel and then moved on to form Top Cow.

He's one of the best artists in my opinion, right below Jim Lee for me. He just doesn't do very much work these days.

Last edited:
Ice said:
A sample of his work when he did New X-Men's "Here Comes Tomorrow":

Silvestriartwork-2.jpg

Ah, ok. I definitly remember his X-Men and Image work now. I remembered who he was, just couldn't remember how his style looked. It's alright, it brings back a few too many memories of 90's comics, but I look forward to seeing his interpretation of the Ultimate characters...assuming its true he'll be on Invasion (we still don't know if thats a fact or not, right?).

It's alright, it brings back a few too many memories of 90's comics, but I look forward to seeing his interpretation of the Ultimate characters
True that, but regardless of the fact that Silvestri was one of the main forces behind a lot of the craptastic 90's comics, he's still one of the best artists out there, even after being out of the game for years and years. IMO he's in the top 10 even today, I like him tons better than guys like Quitely and a lot of the "newer" artists that everyone seems to be raving about.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back