Sin City 2 News

I just picked up "family values" and I hope it gets put into the movie. Miho kicks ***!

Off topic: Can someone recomend me other good Sin City stories that were not in the first film?

Last edited:
slimjim said:
I just picked up "family values" and I hope it gets put into the movie. Miho kicks ***!

Off topic: Can someone recomend me other good Sin City stories that were not in the first film?

Hell and Back was my favorite Sin City story and I'm REALLY hoping they do it for Sin City 3 or maybe do it as the second story in this movie. Wallace was probably the most bad-*** character in Sin City. They originally had plans to include it in Sin City with Johnny Depp playing Wallace. Not sure that casting will happen still but I'd love to see it, Depp would be great as Wallace.

I was happy to hear that A Dame to Kill For was going to be the main plot of movie 2, but I kinda figured it would, to many people were wondering about Dwights past from the first movie. Gonna be awesome to see Marv and Manutes throwdown filmed though. I'm also hoping Clive Owen returns as Dwight, he was to perfect. Shouldn't be to hard to make him fit the role, just need a baldcap and some makeup.

Im done with Family Values and I am gonna pick up A dame to kill for. Quick question. Is the guy in Family values a new guy or dwight they dont mention his name, and he looks sorta like Dwight? Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Well they didnt have it. So i got "Booze Broads & Bullets". It a bunch of short storys and i suppose one of them can be used? The begining of the first film is in this :D .It also has alot of Marv just being Marv!

Oh and "hell and back" looked waaaaaaay 2 big

slimjim said:
Oh and "hell and back" looked waaaaaaay 2 big

Yeah, I hate it when they give us too much story.

UltimateE said:
Yeah, I hate it when they give us too much story.

Which is why I think they'll do it for number 3. For starters, its big enough it deserves its own movie and also being it was the last Sin City storyline it would make sense to do it last as well. Aside from ADTKF and the new Nancy storyline Millers doing in this movie, I'm betting they might use the short stories about Delia for the rest of the movie and maybe a Marv storyline. Then, if they did Hell and Back all the story would be fleshed out already.

Oh, and slimjim, I believe it was Dwight in Family Values but I'm not totally sure I haven't read it in awhile.

On IGN is an interview with Jessica Alba (Star of Fantastic Four, Sin City, & Into The Blue). She gives insight on the her parts on the sequels to Fantastic Four and Sin City.

Sin City helmers Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller are already prepping a sequel. Alba suspects she'll return as Nancy. "Robert talked to me about Sin City… I had dinner with Frank and he kind of told me what he thinks is going to happen with Nancy. It's really cool. It's something that he's writing."

Although Alba has been approached for some major projects such as I Dream of Jeannie, she's currently in a holding pattern for her next role. "My commitments are Sin City and Fantastic Four. If they ask me to do them, those are two things that I absolutely [will do]..."

See the link for more details.

thee great one said:
On IGN is an interview with Jessica Alba (Star of Fantastic Four, Sin City, & Into The Blue). She gives insight on the her parts on the sequels to Fantastic Four and Sin City.

Sin City helmers Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller are already prepping a sequel. Alba suspects she'll return as Nancy. "Robert talked to me about Sin City… I had dinner with Frank and he kind of told me what he thinks is going to happen with Nancy. It's really cool. It's something that he's writing."

Although Alba has been approached for some major projects such as I Dream of Jeannie, she's currently in a holding pattern for her next role. "My commitments are Sin City and Fantastic Four. If they ask me to do them, those are two things that I absolutely [will do]..."

See the link for more details.

Thats good news. I heard she might not be coming back fo FF2, though I didn't care too much about that, but I'd prefer her to return over a new actress take on the role. I hate when that happens.

As for Sin City 2, I'm looking forward to it even more than the expanded edition of Sin City coming out in December.

Superherohype reports that the Weinstein brothers' newly formed studio, The Weinstein Co., will develop a Sin City TV series:

Also in the works are a [series] based on Dimension Films' "Sin City" -- which would follow in the footsteps of 2006's second pic in Robert Rodriguez's "Sin" series -- and a [series] based on the Miramax title "Rounders," capitalizing on the current craze for poker playing.

The "Sin City" movie franchise moved to the Weinstein brothers' company after they went their separate way from Disney's Miramax Films, which released the first film.

Entropy said:
Hell and Back was my favorite Sin City story and I'm REALLY hoping they do it for Sin City 3 or maybe do it as the second story in this movie. Wallace was probably the most bad-*** character in Sin City. They originally had plans to include it in Sin City with Johnny Depp playing Wallace. Not sure that casting will happen still but I'd love to see it, Depp would be great as Wallace.
i've just read Hell and Back, and I would love to see it on film. I wonder how they would do the whole hallucination scene?

Frank Miller said if he had his way there will be 5 movies...that would rock so much its not even funny...

any sin city fan want top do me a favour and list the SC comics for me, pretty please? i have the new dark horse graphic novels but may pick up the originals (hell i'm a collector :wink: ) but not sure how many issues there are per series (like for 'that yellow bastard' etc) and how many one shots there are.

anyone who can help i will be eternally grateful to them :D

Rosario Dawson, who will reprise the role of rogue hooker Gail in the upcoming sequel to Sin City, told Sci-Fi Wire that director Robert Rodriguez wants Angelina Jolie to star in Sin City 2 and is delaying production to accommodate Jolie's current pregnancy. "The film's been kind of postponed because Robert has been interested in Angelina Jolie for the lead," Dawson said in an interview. "But she's very pregnant right now. So that's putting an understandable hold on the film."

Link.

It's offical. I seen an ad in the new previews magazine. I think this is good news.

In more news

Source: MTV March 29, 2006

MTV talked to Frank Miler about Sin City 2, which he expects to start shooting in June with Robert Rodriguez:

Marv died in "Sin City" — but that doesn't mean Mickey Rourke won't be back for the sequel.

Ditto for Dwight (Clive Owen), Shellie (Brittany Murphy), Nancy (Jessica Alba), Manute (Michael Clarke Duncan), Gail (Rosario Dawson) and the rest of the Old Town gang. That's because "Sin City" is the "Pulp Fiction" of comic-book adaptations — since the interlinking stories aren't linear, when it comes time for the next installment in theaters, you'll get a prequel and a sequel at the same time.

"It jumps around a bit," writer/co-director Frank Miller said, "but mostly it's one story, incorporating some short stories that weave in and out of that."

Tonight on PBS' The Charlie Rose Show, Robert Rodriguez said that Sin City 2 would probably begin shooting in June and that Sin City would probably continue in some form on television

cool might get a sin city tv show

Latest posts

Back