Slasherverse - Timeline

Wasn't there a novel crossover between Friday the 13th and the television show it shares its name with, except it is only half-official? I swear I remember that.

Yeah

So, how many official continuities do we count? I mean, most listed aren't really divergent realities as much as alternate reboot universes. For example, Halloween 2007 isn't divergent to the Slasherverse as it is a new version of Michael all together, unlike 2018 where it kinda branches, but for the sake of it, I'm listing in thus comment anyway.

-Slasherverse
-Halloween III/Halloween H40 [I'm gonna say they're linked]
-Darkman (TV Pilot)
-Bates Motel (Movie)
-Wes Craven's New Nightmare [Real World]
-Halloween H20 [Potentially Canon]
-28 Days/Transformers/Friday the 13th (2009)
-Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003)
-Toolbox Murders (2004)
-The Amityville Horror (2005)
-Black Christmas (2006)
-Halloween (2007)
-A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010)
-Texas Chainsaw 3D [Taken as Canon]
-Bates Motel (TV Series)
-Amityville: The Awakening [Real World]*
-The Amityville Murders
-Child's Play (2019)
-Black Christmas (2019)
-The Amityville Curse

*While Amityville: The Awakening is set in a world where the original films and reboot are fiction, it doesn't have the same meta-understanding of parallel universes accessed through the lens of fiction that Wes Craven's New Nightmare does, if that makes sense. You can put it in the same continuity I suppose.
You missed Psycho (1998)

I remember watching that video but my question is would they go into their own continuities or be a part of the Slasherverse?

If you're wondering why Halloween III: Season of the Witch is on the 2018 Trilogy timeline, they recreated the Silver Shamrock masks for both Halloween (2018) and Halloween Kills, complete with the "Silver Shamrock Novelties" emitter that... uh... bugs people out, I guess. There was an intended connection in Halloween Ends that was never filmed but they did have the blue credits sequence as a reference.
1000006601.jpg
1000006602.jpg
"There was an ending I wrote, that we never filmed, and it takes place at Silver Shamrock factory as it was spitting out witch, skeleton, and jack-o-lantern masks… and then it started spitting out Michael Myers masks. I had a temptation to go there, but at the end of the day, I thought that's just fan service for people who know what Silver Shamrock is. It was in every draft of the script ever published [laughs], but we never filmed it."
The written ending doesn't really make sense if they're trying to say that Michael is evil because of the mask since he was already evil in 1963.

I've always envisioned Michael as a composite of evil though. He could be part of the cursed Myers bloodline, but he could also have the weird Hellraiser Sam Hain backstory from that very briefly discussed crossover movie, and he could have a Silver Shamrock mask, and he could just be born evil regardless. This is going on a tangent, but I mean that I suppose Michael could be both naturally evil and enhanced by the Stonehenge magic. Well, that ending isn't canon anyway but you get it.

Wikipedia. They previously had a very, frankly, shit section that placed Child's Play, Amityville, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th, Twin Peaks and M3GAN in the same continuity, which is obviously very stupid. I'm still not completely convinced by the Twin Peaks/Finge/X-Files thing since X-Files is fictional in Finge (though Finge does replace its reality's X organisation, no argument there), but even still the reference isn't specific. M3GAN was probably due to a reference to AI dolls in Chucky 3x03, but that's more likely a reference to the reboot since M3GAN didn't exist in-universe by 2023 and, obviously, is a fictional character according to Chucky 3x05. If it is a reference to the reboot though, then why are there two versions of Andy, Karen and Mike? Probably an inconsequential easter egg.

They referenced the in-universe Jamie Lee Curtis as a Final Girl icon in the latest episode too.

FARRANDS: Thank you for the kind words. I guess one of my favorite things about HALLOWEEN 6 is the fact that it has Donald Pleasence. I mean, he was as important to the series as Michael, in my opinion. He brought a touch of class – and real menace – to the films and I think without him, the series has just become another FRIDAY THE 13TH. I also really loved the scene with Mrs. Blankenship (a name I "borrowed" from a very obscure reference in HALLOWEEN 3 – "Minnie Blankenship") tells the story of the history of Halloween to Danny. The way that story was intercut with the modern celebration taking place at the college was brilliant – and it was exactly the way I envisioned it when I wrote the script. Also, all of the scenes with Kim Darby alone in the house I felt worked really well. That section of the movie is as close to the original HALLOWEEN as I think any of the sequels have ever gotten, and that's in all sincerity to the credit of Joe Chappelle and our Director of Photography, Billy Dickson.
Silver Shamrock is part of the Thorn cult, perhaps? That just makes Halloween III all the more confusing though.

Halloween III: Season of the Witch is referenced by Mrs. Blankenship sharing the same name of a character from that film, but Halloween is an in-universe film too (consist with our canon tbf), and it's also kinda, sorta canon to Halloween (2018)? But those masks are far more explicit references... then again, since the Haddonfield Memorial Hospital has the same logo and flashback footage of Halloween II is shown, that suggests 2018 is actually a divergent timeline - no matter how much they claim that Laurie isn't Michael's sister.

Apparently Season of the Witch masks were used in the same episode of Freddy's Nightmares that had a child dressed as Jason Voorhees (a little insensitive, lol). I missed those or just didn't notice.

Last edited:
1000006619.jpg
I suppose another explanation for Loomis dying in H20's timeline and being alive in Curse could be that his heart attack death was faked to protect Marion (didn't work XD), hence why his lighter was missing... but, that's definitely not the intent. I'd need to rewatch Curse though because I think he was publicly known in that film.

The H20 tie-in media does more to separate the timelines than the films themselves ironically.

Also, young H20 Sam Loomis.

Age 20 (1942)
1000006575.jpg

1000006620.jpg1000006621.jpg1000006622.jpg
I suppose there are two other explanations for Laurie having an eye in Halloween: Resurrection other than "the damage is worse than it looks" (admittedly, pretty weak reasoning). I think her being in an institution was possibly a reference to Resurrection (released 8 months later).

1. Michael passed his evil into her, so she would have some of his powers of regeneration. It's controversial whether Michael got his eyes shot out or the blood simply covered them, but assuming he did, his eyes are later shown fully healed in Halloween 5.

2. She simply got a glass eye. They can actually look really realistic. I prefer this as it requires the least amount of bending over backwards to explain. Plus, like... she was only in Resurrection to die (Something I like to watch immediately after Halloween Ends so I feel better, hehe).

Well, at least her "extreme dissociative disorder" in Resurrection connects well with her becoming the Shape.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back