Slasherverse - Timeline

1. All included series must be a film/TV property first even if the connection is through a comic book. Hack/Slash is an obvious exception.

2. All references to other franchises has to be an intentional universe link. For example, Invasion of the Body Snatchers is shown as fictional in Gremlins, so it is not likely not an in-universe link. Grandma Sawyer in The Howling is probably not intended to connect, though the Chucky tie-in comic does help justify a link I suppose.

So, yeah. If I were to include more, it'd be:

1. Digging Up the Morrow
2. Leprechaun (what other Leprechauns would Cassie be talking about!?)
3. Night of the Demons
4. The Howling (because of the two references)
5. Gremlins
6. Explorers (references Gremlins, same director)

I'm skeptical of The Time Machine being linked, since it seems to work differently to that film. Robbie the Robot (Forbidden Planet 1956) is another interesting connection in Gremlins, but I doubt it's supposed to mean anything.

The Howling VIII is out-of-print so that's screwed. I'm gonna nab the DVD. Just in case, one day, y'know.
Rule 1.

Oh yeah, if you want, I could try looking through a bunch of non-English horror media to see if there's any connections (obviously, Pumpkin Night is one such possibility), though I'll need suggestions on what to look at, be it movies, comics, games, TV shows, anime/manga etc... @Pro Bot
Bumping this, since not only was I hoping to take a look at non-English media that could be included, but I was wondering if there was any comics you needed help with adding @Pro Bot
And on the topic of manga and Horror... this was actually a thing

Also bumping this, but was anyone able to see the media included? If not, I can repost it.

And on the topic of comics, is the Hack/Slash Nailbiter the same one from the Nailbiter comics?
p28_0_copy.jpg

Reposting the original Reddit thing, but long and short, turns out there was a Hellraiser manga. Yes, really.
qwth4h5xove41.jpg
That said, no translations exist, so I don't know if it's a unique story or based on one of the movies.

EDIT: found an old eBay listing for the specific issue the manga was released in. Seems to have been published in 1988. Chances are it's an adaptation of the first movie, but until someone can get a copy and translate, we won't know for sure.

Bumping this, since not only was I hoping to take a look at non-English media that could be included, but I was wondering if there was any comics you needed help with adding @Pro Bot
I mean, once you start going with comic crossovers, it never really ends. I mean, I could just assume that the X-Files: Conspiracy is set in it's own universe or specifically only the X-Files TV series reality. It has a confirmed variant of the Ghostbusters that are not the Dimension Prime versions. Even then, there's pulp hero appearances in Hack/Slash.

So, basically every comic series that Minecraft Troller posted. (BTW, he still thinks Evil Dead 2013 and Evil Dead Rise aren't canon to this day, lol)

Movie Tie-Ins
Nightbreed #1-25

Dynamite (Not too interested in this mess)
-Monster War (2005) [TOP COW CONNECTION]
-The Lone Ranger (2006) #0-25/Vol. 2 #1-25/Vol. 3 #1-5/Annual
-Eva: Daughter of the Dragon (2007)
-Jungle Girl (2007) #0-5/Vol. 2 #1-5/Vol. 3 #1-4
-Project Superpowers (2008) #0-7
-The Lone Ranger & Tonto (2008) #1-4
-The Darkness vs. Eva: Daughter of Dracula (2008) #1-4 [TOP COW CONNECTION]
-Athena (2009) #1-4
-blackbeard: Legend of the Pryate King (2009) #1-6
-The Green Hornet: Year One (2010) #1-12/Special
-Green Hornet (2010) #1-42/Vol. 2 #1-5/Vol. 3 #1-5/Annuals
-Kato: Origins (2010) #1-11
-Kato (2010) #1-12/Annual
The Last Phantom (2010) #1-12/Annual
-Green Hornet: Blood Ties (2010) #1-4
-The Lone Ranger: The Death of Zorro (2011) #1-5
-The Lone Ranger: Snake of Iron (2012) #1-4
-Pantha (2012) #1-8
-Peter Cannon: Thunderbolt (2012) #1-10
-Masks (2012) #1-8/Vol. 2 #1-8
-The Green Hornet (2013) #1-4
-Miss Fury (2013) #1-11
-Noir (2013) #1-5
-The Blood Queen (2014) #1-6/Annual
-Justice, Inc. (2014) #1-6
- The Lone Ranger: Vindicated (2014) #1-4
-Justice Inc.: The Avenger (2015) #1-6/Vol. 2 #1-4
-Blood Queen vs. Dracula (2015) #1-4
-The Lone Ranger/Green Hornet (2016) #1-5
-Green Hornet: Reign of The Demon (2016) #1-4

Blah blah blah blah blah, that's only half of it. I'm too lazy to list all of it because it's ridiculous how much is connected and... let's just not get into that. Oh yeah, Tarantino implied that the Zorro that appeared in the Django crossover is an older version of the Dynamite Comics iteration... somehow, I feel like Hitler being killed off in a theatre by the Basterds makes it unlikely. I also don't know if that's contradicted in any other media.

Hack/Slash (More important, imo)
-Bumb (2007) #1-4
-The Living Corpse (2007) #0-6/Annual (lost media?)
-Mercy Sparx (2008) #0-4/Vol. 2 #1-14
-Witch Doctor (2011) #0-4
-Witch Doctor: The Resuscitation (2011)
-Hoax Hunters (2012) #0-5/Vol. 2 #1-5
-Witch Doctor: Mal Practice (2012) #1-6
-The Answer! (2013) #1-4
-Hoax Hunters: Case Files (2013)
-Nailbiter (2015) #1-30
-Mercy Sparx: Year One (2016) #1-3
-Nailbiter Returns (2020) #1-10

+The Crow comic books, I assume.

Last edited:
I mean, once you start going with comic crossovers, it never really ends. I mean, I could just assume that the X-Files: Conspiracy is set in it's own universe or specifically only the X-Files TV series reality. It has a confirmed variant of the Ghostbusters that are not the Dimension Prime versions. Even then, there's pulp hero appearances in Hack/Slash.

So, basically every comic series that Minecraft Troller posted. (BTW, he still thinks Evil Dead 2013 and Evil Dead Rise aren't canon to this day, lol)

Movie Tie-Ins
Nightbreed #1-25

Dynamite (Not too interested in this mess)
-Monster War (2005) [TOP COW CONNECTION]
-The Lone Ranger (2006) #0-25/Vol. 2 #1-25/Vol. 3 #1-5/Annual
-Eva: Daughter of the Dragon (2007)
-Jungle Girl (2007) #0-5/Vol. 2 #1-5/Vol. 3 #1-4
-Project Superpowers (2008) #0-7
-The Lone Ranger & Tonto (2008) #1-4
-The Darkness vs. Eva: Daughter of Dracula (2008) #1-4 [TOP COW CONNECTION]
-Athena (2009) #1-4
-blackbeard: Legend of the Pryate King (2009) #1-6
-The Green Hornet: Year One (2010) #1-12/Special
-Green Hornet (2010) #1-42/Vol. 2 #1-5/Vol. 3 #1-5/Annuals
-Kato: Origins (2010) #1-11
-Kato (2010) #1-12/Annual
The Last Phantom (2010) #1-12/Annual
-Green Hornet: Blood Ties (2010) #1-4
-The Lone Ranger: The Death of Zorro (2011) #1-5
-The Lone Ranger: Snake of Iron (2012) #1-4
-Pantha (2012) #1-8
-Peter Cannon: Thunderbolt (2012) #1-10
-Masks (2012) #1-8/Vol. 2 #1-8
-The Green Hornet (2013) #1-4
-Miss Fury (2013) #1-11
-Noir (2013) #1-5
-The Blood Queen (2014) #1-6/Annual
-Justice, Inc. (2014) #1-6
- The Lone Ranger: Vindicated (2014) #1-4
-Justice Inc.: The Avenger (2015) #1-6/Vol. 2 #1-4
-Blood Queen vs. Dracula (2015) #1-4
-The Lone Ranger/Green Hornet (2016) #1-5
-Green Hornet: Reign of The Demon (2016) #1-4

Blah blah blah blah blah, that's only half of it. I'm too lazy to list all of it because it's ridiculous how much is connected and... let's just not get into that. Oh yeah, Tarantino implied that the Zorro that appeared in the Django crossover is an older version of the Dynamite Comics iteration... somehow, I feel like Hitler being killed off in a theatre by the Basterds makes it unlikely. I also don't know if that's contradicted in any other media.

Hack/Slash (More important, imo)
-Bumb (2007) #1-4
-The Living Corpse (2007) #0-6/Annual (lost media?)
-Mercy Sparx (2008) #0-4/Vol. 2 #1-14
-Witch Doctor (2011) #0-4
-Witch Doctor: The Resuscitation (2011)
-Hoax Hunters (2012) #0-5/Vol. 2 #1-5
-Witch Doctor: Mal Practice (2012) #1-6
-The Answer! (2013) #1-4
-Hoax Hunters: Case Files (2013)
-Nailbiter (2015) #1-30
-Mercy Sparx: Year One (2016) #1-3
-Nailbiter Returns (2020) #1-10

+The Crow comic books, I assume.

Got it. And as for non-English media?

From my research, I actually can't find anything other than the DBD Ringu thing (sucks that it doesn't actually connect to Ringu to our timeline). Ringu obviously has that crossover with Ju-On, but I believe that the crossover is incompatible with at least the Ringu series (Ju-On and The Grudge are the same universe, so the curse probably has a few variantions - Sadako probably not? Plus, Spiral and Ringu 2 are parallel timelines so it gets messy). There's the Hellraiser manga you found too. Hm...

I suppose if you wanna get freaky with connections, Hack/Slash -> The Crow -> X-Files -> Ghostbusters -> Tokyo ESP, though the Ghostbusters from Conspiracy are separate from the main comics universe and the Tokyo ESP Ghostbusters come from another, another universe.

Last edited:
Personally, I just think an alternate version of H20 occurred in 2000. However, if you change around the dates slightly you could probably make it fit. Michael disappearing for 20 years is the hardest element to work in. It can only be a head-canon though.

1978 - Halloween
1978 - Halloween II
1979 - Halloween: The First Death of Laurie Strode #1-2
1982 - Halloween III: Season of the Witch
1988 - Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers
1989 - Halloween: 30 Years of Terror, "Repetition Compulsion"
1989 - Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers
1990 - Halloween: 30 Years of Terror, "Trick of Treat"
1991 - Halloween: 30 Years of Terror, "P.O.V."
1993 - Halloween: Autopsis
1995 - Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers
1996 - Halloween: Sam
1997 - Halloween #1
1997 - Halloween II: The Blackest Eyes
1998 - Halloween H20: Twenty Years Later
1999 - Halloween III: The Devil's Eyes
2000 - Halloween: Nightdance #1-4
2001 - Halloween: 30 Years of Terror, 'Visiting Hours"
2001 - Halloween: Resurrection
2003 - Halloween: One Good Scare
2005 - Halloween: 30 Years of Terror, "Tommy and the Boogeyman"
2005 - Before the Mask: The Return of Leslie Vernon #6
2018 - Halloween
2018 - Halloween Kills
2021 - Chucky Meets Michael Myers
2022 - Halloween Ends
Two more comics that apparently connect the two, though I have no idea where to find Halloween Returns to Haddonfield, plus Sam Loomis is alive in 2003? In Halloween: Sam, it is said he died in February 1995 (same day as Donald Pleasance). If you connect 4-6 and H20, you can move it up one year to 1996 and it somewhat works, but uh... I guess he faked a heart attack or he's like Myers with an unusual ability to come back from death. Or that comic has nothing to do with either of the timelines like I read, since the wiki says it doesn't and it's pretty much impossible to find online, plus the limited 2000 copies of it.

So, in the H20 timeline, Tommy writes comics about the events of the 4-6 timeline. In the Chaos! comic, he is assumed dead because there's a small shard of glass in his neck I guess, but like... oh well. You can survive that. Also Laurie going crazy and becoming the Shape leads to her being institutionalised like at the start of Resurrection. She loses her eye seemingly in the Chaos! series, but maybe she doesn't and it's just the lighting that makes it look like that and she only suffered damage around her eye.

Laurie Strode is said to have died 11 months prior to Halloween 4. In H20, she faked her death in a car crash, which evidently happened in the 4-6 timeline too due to the sequel comics to The Curse of Michael Myers.

In the opening credits of H20, a pair of bloody scissors can be seen. The only pair of bloody scissors in the series was in the ending of Halloween 4, with Jamie.

There's a newspaper in H20 with the headlines "babysitter killer on the loose", which couldn't have been written during Halloween 1-2 due to the surprise nature and how short of the timespan they take over.

Some think they can see the Thorn symbol in the opening credits, but I disagree.
1000006556.jpg1000006555.png

Marion Chambers in the H20 timeline is seemingly Loomis' partner, which could work as her reminding him of the Marion he lost in 1959 during the events of Psycho.

There was also going to be a H20 comic about the Cult of Thorn. I have no idea how this would have worked but I'm pretty pissed it was canceled.
What is known about this series is that it focuses on Tommy Doyle, who is persuaded by his editor to write a fictionalized version of the events that happened to him - a story that will attempt to make sense of the madness that happened when serial killer Michael Myers butchered his way through the small town of Haddonfield all those years ago.

As Tommy's story begins, he starts to bring to life monsters from the past and secrets that should have remained buried - the worlds of fact and fiction blur, leading to an inevitable confrontation with his biggest fear of all, Michael Myers!

There are obvious errors of course. Michael was never found in H20 (though still active in that 1978-1998 gap) and in 4-6 he was "in a coma" for 10 years. You could explain it all as a cover up I suppose. It's all pretty messy.

Also, can we talk about what an absolute menace H20 Myers is in the comics? He's so much more creepy. I've never been a big fan of H20/Resurrection but those comics are great.

Last edited:
Oh, another thing, Loomis has the same facial scars from Halloween 4-6 in the 30 Years of Terror comic book.
1000006568.jpg
1000006567.jpg

I actually think you can fit that comic as happening during Halloween 5 if you assume that the nightmare Jamie had of Michael coming out of his coma took place last year, so basically:

October 30
Halloween: 30 Years of Terror, "Repetition Compulsion" (pg. 1-8)
Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers Chapter 1 (0:05:46 - 0:10:04)

October 31
Halloween: 30 Years of Terror, "Repetition Compulsion" (pg. 9-10)
Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers Chapter 2 (0:10:05 - 0:17:46)
Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers Chapter 3 (0:17:47 - 0:28:07)
Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers Chapter 4 (0:28:08 - 0:35:35)
Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers Chapter 5 (0:35:36 - 0:45:55)
Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers Chapter 6 (0:45:56 - 0:51:55)
Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers Chapter 7 (0:51:56 - 1:00:13)
Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers Chapter 8 (1:00:14 - 1:10:18)
Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers Chapter 9 (1:10:19 - 1:20:03)
Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers Chapter 10 (1:20:04 - 1:24:38)
Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers Chapter 11 (1:24:39 - 1:33:48)

Oh, and while I'm at it, Scream is a movie in H20 while Halloween is a movie in Scream. If we take this to literally mean both are 100% identical to our versions of those films, you've created a paradox, because fiction cannot create fiction when it was created within the fiction it is creating.

And what of The Mark of Thorn, the next comic arc which certainly sounds like a tie-in to the continuity of Halloween 6? Given that the DDP comic line followed the H20 continuity, which retconned Halloweens 4-6 out of existence, what exactly would Mark's story have entailed? "I was writing this with Jeff Katz, and it's likely there would have been a spin-off Thorn continuity which would have been written by Greg Mitchell.

"The story was set-up in 30 Years of Terror, and follows Tommy Doyle. He now lives in Salt Lake City, and he is comic book writer and artist creating a fictional storyline as his way of coping. We come to realize that Tommy's story didn't end in 1978, and the events in between then and now have left him in a very fragile state. These events involve characters we already know, such as Lindsey Wallace, and characters we've seen on-screen but not in the comics or their continuity, such as Rachel Carruthers.

"The comics within the comics would involve a new version of the Thorn storyline, reinventing the Man In Black as a more mysterious figure – somewhere between Randall Flagg and Jim Jones in a lot of ways – with a very large cult as he lays siege to Haddonfield in the search for Jamie Lloyd. The Shape in this story provides a contrast to the one in our main continuity, being more brutish and physically imposing. It's Tommy's attempt to understand what happened and reconcile it that leads to this storyline within.

"One of the key driving forces within Tommy is a sense that he never did enough (and there's more to his story than that night in 1978). We somewhat imply that every time the Shape kills, he's essentially slaughtering Judith Myers again, reliving that primal moment. For Tommy, it's the opposite – he's failing to save the same victim over and over again by doing nothing, or at least that's how he is starting to see it. In his fictional world, he thinks he can save this girl, whoever she is. There's an influence of Hitchcock's Vertigo in how the character is approached.

"Inevitably, both realities start to blur, and events in each world trigger events in the other, leading to a gory body count and Tommy's family themselves being in real danger. By the end of the story, we can see not only this ending, but the many ways that all of these things could have unfolded, including the possibilities of the middle Halloween film trilogy, so it essentially gives the canon to the reader to decide."

so what are you going to do?
Uh... I don't know? All of those H20 comics were definitely made with the understanding that 4-6 are part of a separate continuity, even if they seem to intentionally connect visually at certain points. They state so in the comics that they're following Halloween, Halloween II, Halloween H20 and Halloween: Resurrection only. H20 does reference Halloween 4, but even still, it's officially separate.
1000006570.jpg
"Our universe"
"that film dropped the previous storyline"

This is somewhat into the production of The Mark of Thorn, with them even teasing Jamie's return in it, and yet they stick with the interpretation of it being a separate universe. Perhaps they were trying to hide the twist, perhaps they're telling the truth, but it's still a pretty official declaration.

Another connection I found. The writer for Halloween: White Ghost actually reintroduced Reverend P. Sayer from Halloween 4 in that story, but he stated that in his mind it was the Sayer from the real world and the one in Halloween 4 is the comic book version based on him written by Tommy. This can't be true though because the comic book 4-6 is different to the movie 4-6.

Halloween: The Mark of Thorn was about Tommy writing in-universe comics about his trauma from 4-6 in the H20 timeline, with events from those movies coming true, allowing the reader to decide what events are true or not. Unfortunately, we never got to see this series so we can't do anything but take their word for it.

In other words... 4-6 and H20 are connected. Sorta. Maybe? Well, H20 is connected to the Chaos! comics sequel to The Curse of Michael Myers. However, the same people who would have connected them (for the second time) also state in the same comics that they don't follow that timeline.

I personally think that, since the in-universe comic WASN'T the plot of 4-6 but instead based on real events, that suggests that the comic was intended to tie both timelines together. Again, we can't say for sure, but the fact that it was even left open is saying something. There's actually not that many issues between 4-6 and H20 like one would think, mainly just Michael's coma and Loomis' death date from memory. The Mark of Thorn comic even fits with the events of the Chaos series, since Tommy gets institutionalised by the Cult.

Can't wait for the comic book that reveals that Halloween 2018 is canon to Thorn/H20, and Michael escapes from the cops in the Kills flashback with the Myers that they capture in the flashback being Ben Tramer, and Laurie secretly survived Resurrection, and-Okay, I'm joking.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back