Sliders

Hellsbuttmonkey

Did anyone ever watch this show?

I remember watching it years ago, and picked up seasons 1/2 very cheaply on DVD last week. John Rhys-Davies is awesome.

Oh.

I thought this thread was about those little White Castle burgers.

I can't begin to describe how disappointed I am.

Because the mods have to work triple-shifts cleaning up the off-topic thread and sometimes things slip! :cry: :cry:

I liked the first two and half seasons of Sliders.

Then they killed off Professor Arturo, and introduced some hot redhead chick, and the show became all sorts of suckage.

Then Sci-Fi took over Sliders (But not Firefly? What the ****?) and made it even more plot points of suckage.

I agree, Houdey. Killing Rhys-Davies is off is like changing the name of the show to CANCELLED. Bad idea.

He was the heart and soul of that team. He truly was.

I did some background research on it, and found out that the reason Rhys-Davis was killed off was because Fox wanted to change the style of the show, make it more geared towards younger males, hence the addition of the redhead.

But what they also did was fire the original creator of the show, which is what caused the show to become suck. So instead of being young travelers, hunting down various parallel realities in the vain hope of finding their own, they become people bent on revenge.

For the first two and a half seasons, the show didn't really have an antagonist, it didn't need one though. They visited a new world everytime, got involved in some sort of adventure, and then they moved on. And it was great. They introduced the female version of Quinn in that first episode of the second season and that too was all sorts of awesome, then somehow, she gets forgotten? Never to come around again?

Suckage.

I blame Fox for this show failing when it did.

You knew there was going to be problems when the only surviving original character was the random bloke who had no idea what was going on for the first few episodes....

I did enjoy the season 2 episode when they thought they got back to their Earth, started settling in, The Prof started acting like an arsehole, screwing everyone over for the glory, then Quinn started noticing tiny differences about the world, like one kid in a yearbook photo suddenly didn't have braces. Remmy and Wade think he is going nuts, then Wade looks out of a window and realizes the Golden Gate Bridge is now blue....
They then discover that the Prof is actually the alternate Professor, who locked up the real one in the basement. The two Arturos fight at the mouth of the wormhole and one jumps in. The one left behind reacting as if he was stranded there...

You knew there was going to be problems when the only surviving original character was the random bloke who had no idea what was going on for the first few episodes....

I did enjoy the season 2 episode when they thought they got back to their Earth, started settling in, The Prof started acting like an arsehole, screwing everyone over for the glory, then Quinn started noticing tiny differences about the world, like one kid in a yearbook photo suddenly didn't have braces. Remmy and Wade think he is going nuts, then Wade looks out of a window and realizes the Golden Gate Bridge is now blue....
They then discover that the Prof is actually the alternate Professor, who locked up the real one in the basement. The two Arturos fight at the mouth of the wormhole and one jumps in. The one left behind reacting as if he was stranded there...

Great episode and great plotline that was never expanded upon.

I had an idea for a Sliders 2 type of story.

The little orphan boy from that buisness world would be the lead. The one who said he could rebuild a gating device. He would start traveling, and run into some past Slider worlds, recruiting various people from them, and one of them would be the Professor Arturo from that world.

But, as usual with me, I tend to let these glimpse of greatness pass me by.

Last edited:
That would be cool.

They could also find the Earth-Prime version of Wade, but have her all ****ed up after she was plugged into a Kromagg computer and used as some kind of weird freakass weapon in that episode of season 5. Some kind of partial cyborg or something. Maybe not as a regular though, as that would have both her and Arturo-Prime in the cast as well.

There is also the female Quinn who could be used as well.

I used to watch it religiously. Wasn't there a point when all of the original characters were gone and it was like a completely different cast. What was the point in trying to get "home" then? Sort of made it real depressing.

The "red headed chick" was Kari Wurher and I love looking at her.

Wasn't there a point when all of the original characters were gone and it was like a completely different cast.

All bar Rembrant.

The "red headed chick" was Kari Wurher and I love looking at her.

She makes me happy in pants.

http://www.dimensionofcontinuity.com/bts.htm#sabrina
This explains a lot about the MAJOR changes that Sliders had throughout the series. "The hot redheaded chick" and Sabrina Lloyd (Wade) HATED each other to the point that it ended with Wade walking into the producers office and saying "It's Kari or me." The jerk producer also decided to piss on her character by adding a line about sending her off to be raped by Kromaggs (which he was quoted as saying he thought was funny).
John Rhys-Davies managed to piss off a guy at a party massively once, and a few years later that guy was put in charge of Sliders..

Last edited:
I watched a season 3 episode and it had an alternate Quinn, the one from the pilot episode who completed the equation to allow Quinn-Prime to slide. It was during the whole Sliders chasing Rickman across universes to get revenge for killing Maggies hubby and Arturo, and also to get the timer with Earth-Primes co-ordinates in it. It made me think that a good ongoing villain would have been an alternate evil sliding Quinn, hopping from reality to reality ****ing everything up. Would have been better than evolved killer apes anyway..

Latest posts

Back