Smokin' Aces discussion

Entropy

Where is the thread for this? It damn well needs one. I just saw this earlier and was completely surprised. I expected at least a fun action movie, but this was like Guy Ritchie directing a Michael Mann flick crazy. Who else has seen it?

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Re: Smokin' Aces

I'm not really planning to see it in theatres, but I read on MW that Millar thinks its rubbish. I still think it looks decent enough to watch, but not in a theatre for me. I'll either catch it on bootleg if/when my dad gets it, or on TV some time down the road.

Zombipanda

My Boom-Boom's mostly gay

I'll probably end up seeing it in theaters.

It looks like a good popcorn flick and the cast is nasty.

E

Excelsior Club

I really want to see it. Wife probably won't though. :(

Friday

It was alright. I think the biggest problem was that they tried to fit too much into it. That and some timeline issues. A big chunk of the movie takes place over about 5 minutes real time, but had they cut a character set they'd have been able to work that out a bit more. I'd say its a noble failure with me being deffinatly interested in what the writer/director does next.

MaxwellSmart

I saw it on Friday. It was a solid action film. It has it's humor moments, but it's dominated by gun fights and backstory.

Gideon Stargrave

I don't know. I just saw this and liked it a lot. To be fair, it was a lot better than I was expecting it to be. My biggest complaint is that they wasted too many scenes.

Victor Von Doom

Fist of teh Internets.
It was alright. I think the biggest problem was that they tried to fit too much into it. That and some timeline issues. A big chunk of the movie takes place over about 5 minutes real time, but had they cut a character set they'd have been able to work that out a bit more. I'd say its a noble failure with me being deffinatly interested in what the writer/director does next.

Agreed. I'll still buy it on DVD just because I was fully entertained the whole time. It's just not as good as say Lucky Number Slevin.

Latest posts