Solo (spoilers/discussion/pool party)

Bass

Nexus of the World
So who picks this up?

It's a little expensive, but Solo is a DC title that ships, I think, bi-monthly, and is pretty sweet. Each issue is an anthology (no ads) of a single artist. Some times, the artist has some people write a story or two inside the issue, but it's all the artist really.

So far there's been Tim Sale, Michael Allred, Darwyn Cooke, Roger Corben, and others. Teddy Kristiansen is the artist of #8. Some have DC universe stories, but generally, they're just good anthologies of differing styles.

I think it's pretty good, though my heart aches for Adam Hughes isn't doing one. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Bass said:
So who picks this up?

It's a little expensive, but Solo is a DC title that ships, I think, bi-monthly, and is pretty sweet. Each issue is an anthology (no ads) of a single artist. Some times, the artist has some people write a story or two inside the issue, but it's all the artist really.

So far there's been Tim Sale, Michael Allred, Darwyn Cooke, Roger Corben, and others. Teddy Kristiansen is the artist of #8. Some have DC universe stories, but generally, they're just good anthologies of differing styles.

I think it's pretty good, though my heart aches for Adam Hughes isn't doing one. :cry: :cry: :cry:
I got the Tim Sale one. That was fuggin' sweet. Tim Sale owns you.

Is Adam Hughes the guy who's rumoured to be doing All-Star Wonder Woman?Or is that someone else?Come to think of it, who is Adam Hughes?

Patriot Mk2 said:
Is Adam Hughes the guy who's rumoured to be doing All-Star Wonder Woman?Or is that someone else?Come to think of it, who is Adam Hughes?

Yes. He draws pretty females. I'm pretty sure he was lined up to do an issue of this in the future. :?

This book interests me.

But do you get it?

Anyhoo, Adam Hughes is my all-time favourite illustrator. He's ****ing incredible. He's currently doing the covers to Catwoman. I'm part of his mailing group and his girlfriend/living partner/manager/agent (she's many things to all people) said that Adam was asked to do an issue of Solo but couldn't fit it in. I'm gonna bug him to do it. It would make me so ****ing happy.

As for "All-Star Wonder Woman", that is the big rumour. Adam confirmed he IS doing a 6-issue mini-series for DC and the contract is finalised so he'll be starting the pencils (and inks) asap BUT he didn't say who the writer was (I'm hoping Adam writes it, to be honest) and he didn't say the title, because the series is a while away (I'm guessing probably Summer at the earliest, maybe Winter) because he doesn't want it being 'talked to death'. In other words, the anti-Millar and I love him for it. I ****ing hate hype. Adam is ****ing amazing.

So, yeah, could be "All-Star Wonder Woman" in time for the film. That's probably what it is, to be honest. It might not be. We'll see.

Just say AH!

There's a trade called Gen13: Ordinary Heroes that Adam Hughes wrote and drew. It's only two issues, but the trade collects those issues, and the 11-page "Wham! A Tale!" he did (also using Gen13). It also contains two crappy Alan Davis Gen13 issues. But the trade is cool.

He also did the pencils for X-Men/ Wildcats: The Silver Age. He also did a bunch of Justice League issues back in the late eighties/early nineties, but I don't know if they're collected or not.

He wrote Superman/Gen 13, which is really good. He got ****ed on it, actually. He was supposed to draw it, and he told DC he wouldn't start the issues until they okayed the story. So he passed up work (like the Star Wars I comic adaptation - something he REALLY wanted to do) to keep his calendar open while DC got back to him. Then they got Lee Bermejo (who's very good) to pencil it as the scripts came in. Shame really. I've seen some of Adam's sketches for it, and it was ****ing brilliant. *sigh*

But the Gen13: Ordinary Heroes tpb is a nice buy, I think.

Latest posts

Back