Someone give me something to write about

Huck Finn and Jim reach the end of the Mississippi and in during so begin the Apocalypse. The dream I had ended with Huck and Jim surrounded by crimson fire on all sides. I always wondered what happened after that.

Huck Finn and Jim reach the end of the Mississippi and in during so begin the Apocalypse. The dream I had ended with Huck and Jim surrounded by crimson fire on all sides. I always wondered what happened after that.

sodomy

Okay, so, there's two ideas I'm really playing with right now. The first is something I've been batting around as a novella or novel for a while. The second was originally intended to be a short, punchy comic script, but I think it will benefit more from extended prose.

Either a period piece about an all-female gang of pickpockets hunting for the pirate treasure of Anne Bonnie....

or a Batman/urban vigilante deconstruction.

Muppet sodomy.

BertInErnieC.jpg

Happy now?

Last edited:
Here's a few plot ideas I've been kicking around. Since I can't do anything with them for the immeadiate future, you can use them if you want.

1) A girl from a family of superspeedsters tried to help her father against a supervillain. The villain uses a device to turn off her equivelent for the Speed Force as she approaches lightspeed, and the girl is turned into a mile-wide puddle. Due to the nature of her death, the Speed Force expy is keeping her spirit from going to the afterlife. Now a ghost, the girl runs across the the earth at insane speeds and unable to stop, now threatening to destroy the world. Her father teams up with a paranormal detective in order to bring her to rest and save the world.

2) A goth hears his father's dying wish to hug everyone in the world while wearing a bear suit. (He was rip-roaring drunk.) But a wish is a wish, so the son dons a bear suit and tries to at least hug everyone in the tri-state area. Hilarity ensues, courtesy of his attempts to hug, among other things, a child under quarantine and everyone in a top-secret military base.

3) This is significantly less developed then the others, but I still think it's a cool idea for a fanfiction. You know how in crossovers you'll have two heroes meet, fight, then join forces against a common foe? I think it'd be cool if it was done in reverse, with two groups teaming up to accomplish something, then their alliance falls apart at the climax, and they fight each other and their original enemy at once. I think it'd work best with anti heroes, but a big challenge would be to make sure the buildup to the fracture doesn't come across as contrived. (I'm picturing it in my head as a Firefly/Cowboy Bebop crossover.)

2) A goth hears his father's dying wish to hug everyone in the world while wearing a bear suit. (He was rip-roaring drunk.) But a wish is a wish, so the son dons a bear suit and tries to at least hug everyone in the tri-state area. Hilarity ensues, courtesy of his attempts to hug, among other things, a child under quarantine and everyone in a top-secret military base.

I like this one a lot!

So, Zombi, writer's block go away or whatever?

Yes. I'm deciding to adapt my Sparrows story as a prose novel, and readjust my first METR story as either a graphic novel or three issue arc. I was trying to squeeze the latter into a single issue but it was hard to fit it, and even though a three issue arc will probably be hard to market, a friend of mine convinced me to write the story the way it should be told, regardless of how well it will sell. I figure, in the worst case, it will at least serve as a good exercise for me.

But thanks for the suggestions!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back