Sony's Spider-Man Universe - Timeline

About the post-credits scenes:
The wings are similar to the Homecoming's wings but not identical (same movie rights situation as Deadpool with the Avengers Helicarrier?). The TASM2's wings are smaller and didn't have the big circular propellers.

Toomes was released from prison, he was given money for compensation, and he built new wings similar to what he created in Homecoming.
The time between post-credits 1 and post-credits 2 could be months or years, and the post-credits 2 could take place even after Kraven the Hunter and Madame Web for what we know.
In Homecoming, we can see Toomes is a builder like the Tinkerer, and the wings were created and modified between 2012 and 2016. Toomes knows perfectly how they work, he must know how to rebuild them... and maybe he was helped by black market or Oscorp or Horizon or another company.

If you want to see the 2nd post-credits:

Clearly some time has passed since Toomes' arrival, as he said he isn't yet used to this universe.
Also, it was clearly a meeting as Morbius looks at his watch before Vulture arrives.
Vulture says that he thinks Spider-Man is the cause of his arrival in this universe, but ask Morbius if he wants to team-up to do good things, not to hunt Spidey as everybody said on the net.

Whether it is or isn't the same wings, I will currently be head-canoning them that way until more evidence to the contrary shows up. I just really don't like the idea that I have to hand wave these new wings away simply because Sony couldn't get their shit together.

So... thoughts on the timeline of the credits?
2002 - Green Goblin
2004 - Doctor Octopus
2014 - Electro
2020 - Venom
2027 - Spider-Man (Earth-96283)
???? - Sandman
???? - Spider-Man (Earth-120703)
???? - Lizard

So if the spell can affect all time and space, when did Vulture appear in the SSU? Should we assume a day or so after Venom entered the MCU (Vulture is brought into the SSU when everyone forgets MCU Spider-Man's identity)?

Haven't watched Morbius yet so I'm not sure how much time passes between the main film and the mid credits scenes.

But my headcannon atm is that Toomes came into the SSU when Strange was Closing the Multiversal Rifts at the end of No Way Home and after the spell was complete, Venom went back home and Toomes got sucked back with him at the same time as the rest of the Multiversal Intruders being sent back (Doesn't make any sense how that works but why not) but because some time passes in the 2 mid credits scenes of morbius I feel like Toomes getting the vulture suit while also saying he isn't used to this new universe gives us enough leeway to say that he's only been here a week or 2 (any longer would feel too long tbh)

Last edited:
Oh also
So... thoughts on the timeline of the credits?
2002 - Green Goblin
2004 - Doctor Octopus
2014 - Electro
2020 - Venom
2027 - Spider-Man (Earth-96283)
???? - Sandman
???? - Spider-Man (Earth-120703)
???? - Lizard

So if the spell can affect all time and space, when did Vulture appear in the SSU? Should we assume a day or so after Venom entered the MCU (Vulture is brought into the SSU when everyone forgets MCU Spider-Man's identity)?
I feel like the closer to Spider-Man 3's ending the better for Sandman (that way he looks the same age from the archive footage at the end when he's cured) and his sick daughter's still alive so I'd say he came from right after he left the construction site at the end of Spider-Man 3 or a few months later due to him being more sand than person (so I'd say 2005/2006)

As for Lizard I'm pretty sure he's from 2013 as he asks Electro if he is alive in his time (2014) and he mentions changing people has its consequences in no way home as well as electro mentioning his plan to turn the Citizens of New York into Lizards so I'd say he was taken close to when he was about to set his plan in motion on the top of the oscorp building

And as for Garfield's Spider-Man I just assumed 2024 as it's been awhile since we last saw him in TASM2 which I'm pretty sure ended in December 2014 but 2021 or somewhere in between the two (2021-2024) still works if Tobey's Spider-Man come from 2027

Last edited:
So just read the wiki and a bit of the film to discover that the majority of the movie is set 35 years later from a flashback of Michael Morbius when he was a 10 year old orphan.

Does anyone know when he is born or what year either of these take place in.

(Or if anyone spotted any hard to spot dates)

Last edited:
Oh also

I feel like the closer to Spider-Man 3's ending the better for Sandman (that way he looks the same age from the archive footage at the end when he's cured) and his sick daughter's still alive so I'd say he came from right after he left the construction site at the end of Spider-Man 3 or a few months later due to him being more sand than person (so I'd say 2005/2006)

As for Lizard I'm pretty sure he's from 2013 as he asks Electro if he is alive in his time (2014) and he mentions changing people has its consequences in no way home as well as electro mentioning his plan to turn the Citizens of New York into Lizards so I'd say he was taken close to when he was about to set his plan in motion on the top of the oscorp building

And as for Garfield's Spider-Man I just assumed 2024 as it's been awhile since we last saw him in TASM2 which I'm pretty sure ended in December 2014 but 2021 or somewhere in between the two (2021-2024) still works if Tobey's Spider-Man come from 2027
It's been confirmed the No Way Home villains are NOT variants. The dead characters are essentially the souls of those characters brought into cloned bodies with memory loss of their death. Yes it's dumb, but that's the answer.

So, Lizard likely just turned into a Lizard again. I don't see this as much of an issue. In the divergent video game timeline he was turned into the Lizard again, and I'm sure they were planning on using him for the Sinister Six maybe.

He could easily be unaware of Electro because he was in prison during The Amazing Spider-Man 2.

It's been confirmed the No Way Home villains are NOT variants. The dead characters are essentially the souls of those characters brought into cloned bodies with memory loss of their death. Yes it's dumb, but that's the answer.

So, Lizard likely just turned into a Lizard again. I don't see this as much of an issue. In the divergent video game timeline he was turned into the Lizard again, and I'm sure they were planning on using him for the Sinister Six maybe.

He could easily be unaware of Electro because he was in prison during The Amazing Spider-Man 2.
Lizard wasn't planned as a member of the Sinister Six but yeah everything else I agree with here I say it makes sense

Oh also

Personally I do it in real time from how many years it's been since their last film. So for Maguire it's been 14 years since Spider-Man 3 released that took place in 2005 if I'm not mistaken so he is from 2019. For Garfield it's been 7 years since ASM2 and that took place in 2014 so he came from 2021. But that's my own headcanon until something else is confirmed

Personally I do it in real time from how many years it's been since their last film. So for Maguire it's been 14 years since Spider-Man 3 released that took place in 2005 if I'm not mistaken so he is from 2019. For Garfield it's been 7 years since ASM2 and that took place in 2014 so he came from 2021. But that's my own headcanon until something else is confirmed
They said Maguire is 43 in the film so he's from 2027-2028, but other than that yeah.

So just read the wiki and a bit of the film to discover that the majority of the movie is set 35 years later from a flashback of Michael Morbius when he was a 10 year old orphan.

Does anyone know when he is born or what year either of these take place in.

(Or if anyone spotted any hard to spot dates)
Ilt's not "35 years", it's "25 years" :)

Jared Leto is 50 and playing a 35 years old dude without a single wrinkle on his face... viva adrenochrome and blood baths!

About, Tobey Maguire's age: he was 43 years old when he did No Way Home, but we don't know the age of Raimi's Peter Parker when he arrives in No Way Home.

Ilt's not "35 years", it's "25 years" :)

Jared Leto is 50 and playing a 35 years old dude without a single wrinkle on his face... viva adrenochrome and blood baths!

About, Tobey Maguire's age: he was 43 years old when he did No Way Home, but we don't know the age of Raimi's Peter Parker when he arrives in No Way Home.
Tobey Maguire was 45 years old during filming.

They were talking about Peter Parker, not Tobey Maguire. We can assume they were mistaken but that's distorting words.

Tobey was 44 during filming, but the screenplay being finished a year before, the screenwriters could insinuate they talk about Tobey's age (at the moment of the writting) or Raimi-Peter Parker's age, it's ambiguous...

source: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/m...ome-andrew-garfield-tobey-maguire-1235068153/

"MCKENNA We were like, "We've got to make them each very specific." As writers, we kept saying, "Where are these characters in their lives when they come into the movie?" Where is Tobey? We're not de-agifying him. He's a guy who is 43, who is entering this movie, and Andrew Garfield, where are they in their lives? The last time you saw Andrew Garfield, it was the death of Gwen, and that must have sent him down a dark spiral, maybe he never got out of. We don't know, because there wasn't a third movie that we saw. Where did he go? Maybe a really dark place. We wanted to be true to the characters in those movies. Really having conversations about specifying where they are, without giving away too much. Not coming in, spilling all the beans. "Tobey's Peter is running Peter Parker Industries!" You just wanted to have little hints of that without it being all this exposition as fan service."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

A Daily Bugle article during the Morbius movie says "90 (or 80, it was very fast) days since last superhero sighting", it could be 80-90 days (3 months) between Venom: Let There Be Carnage and Morbius.
Filming of the movie was between February and June 2019, it could coincide with Venom:LTBC being during Halloween.

Good point, I'll concede to an extent.
A Daily Bugle article during the Morbius movie says "90 (or 80, it was very fast) days since last superhero sighting", it could be 80-90 days (3 months) between Venom: Let There Be Carnage and Morbius.
Filming of the movie was between February and June 2019, it could coincide with Venom:LTBC being during Halloween.
Unless it's referring to Venom. I don't mind if they retcon the Let There Be Carnage engraving, it's easy to retcon, but there's nothing really contradicting it right now.

If it's referencing Venom, that places Morbius in 2019. If it's Let There Be Carnage, it places the events in early 2021.

Let's not forget Spider-Man apparently exists in this universe too, so it could also be referring to him. The behind-the-scenes set pictures suggested he disappeared, and the deleted graffiti suggest he's been accused of murder. Of course, we can't take material not in the film as actual canon though.

I still haven't seen the film, by the way.

Latest posts

Back