Sony's Spider-Man Universe - Timeline

So just read the wiki and a bit of the film to discover that the majority of the movie is set 35 years later from a flashback of Michael Morbius when he was a 10 year old orphan.

Does anyone know when he is born or what year either of these take place in.

(Or if anyone spotted any hard to spot dates)
The wiki says that he was born on 1985, so:

Flashback (1995): 10 years old
Main film (2019?): 34 years old?
2nd credit scene (2021/2022): 35/36 years old?

So we could ignore the 80/90 days text and set the film in Early 2020 or we could round out the "25 years later" to 24 and set the film around Spring 2019

Last edited:
Soooo.... apparently Sony has removed the reference to "Spider-man" in the Morbius post-credit scene...

Yes, this is true. We shall see in the digital/physical releases what remains, and I guess that will be canon.
Oh, and I kinda have to renounce ComicBookCast2 for clickbait and lies... Just looking out for ya!

Yes, this is true. We shall see in the digital/physical releases what remains, and I guess that will be canon.
Oh, and I kinda have to renounce ComicBookCast2 for clickbait and lies... Just looking out for ya!
thanks for the warning, they have been popping up in my feed quite a bit lately, but i try to take what he says with a grain of salt.

I'm just wondering what's happening with the Morbius/Venom and what universe its placed in. Seems like they keep changing their minds

thanks for the warning, they have been popping up in my feed quite a bit lately, but i try to take what he says with a grain of salt.

I'm just wondering what's happening with the Morbius/Venom and what universe its placed in. Seems like they keep changing their minds
Morbius and Venom were always in the same universe, that was confirmed well before the film released and again shortly before by the director. The other things are either little Easter eggs and references or shit put on trailers to get attention like that "murderer" thing.

1652796457866.png
So this guy made a timeline for the MCU and claims that Morbius takes place on June 2019, i asked and he answered this, can anyone prove it's true because the image is a bit fuzzy

I mean, it didn't have any dates from what I could see. Broken numerals?
On the top left of the newspaper is "New York's Favourite Newspaper since 1932", on the top right is volume followed by a numeral and issue number. I can't clearly make out the numeral but it's 80 something. If we add it to 1932 we will get the date for when Morbius takes place.

In order to see it clearly I had to download the TikTok app. The numeral is LXXXXVII, which is wrong since you can't write more than three numbers next to each other but if we delete one of the X's we get LXXXVII - 87. 1932+87=2019

Lastly the issue number shows on which day each newspaper was realeased.

Video 1 - June 11, 2019
Video 2 - June 12, 2019
Video 3 - June 13, 2019

Last edited:
In order to see it clearly I had to download the TikTok app. The numeral is LXXXXVII, which is wrong since you can't write more than three numbers next to each other but if we delete one of the X's we get LXXXVII - 87. 1932+87=2019

Lastly the issue number shows on which day each newspaper was realeased.

Video 1 - June 11, 2019
Video 2 - June 12, 2019
Video 3 - June 13, 2019
So it actually is mid-June 2019

Latest posts

Back