Sony's Spider-Man Universe - Timeline

I don't either. I'm still placing the first film in late 2018 and the second in 2023. I can't ignore hard dates. I'll just say that time works differently in this universe or something.
If a 2099 Spider-Man can end up in present day, then they can end up in a different year of a different universe (2020 - Spider-Verse 2 / 2024 - MCU)

Unlike DC, Marvel's timelines aren't symmetrical in the multiverse.

I noticed when Eddie buys the newspaper from the homeless woman that there are Fall leaves on it; and they're clearly dressed up like Winter is nearly there.

May - November 2018 for Venom 1?

Venom let there be carnage is firmly set in late Oct til early Nov 2020 due to the party venom goes to is around Halloween time and the article date on Eddie's computer.

Venom was originally mainly set around Nov 2018 but has since been retconned to mainly be set in April 2019 to accommodate the line about the incident where the bad foundation goons swatted Eddies house after he got the symbiote being about a year ago or last year. (Sorry about fuzzy details it's been ages since I've seen venom again)

Also it's hard to pin its placement down if we are to believe the post credits scene which implies into the spider verse is taking place just after the events of venom and we have since discovered that the majority of that movie takes place from 15th Nov 2018 til later in the same month

Morbius also isn't easy to pin down either, I've discovered a coming soon summer 2020 shop display in a background shot but nothing as concrete to suggest a firm date (other than it has to take place after venom or venom 2) if we are to believe the background shot then it's somewhere between mid 2019 and late 2020 but apart from a fall or spring setting (definitely doesn't look like summer from the clothing in the film)

Venom let there be carnage is firmly set in late Oct til early Nov 2020 due to the party venom goes to is around Halloween time and the article date on Eddie's computer.

Venom was originally mainly set around Nov 2018 but has since been retconned to mainly be set in April 2019 to accommodate the line about the incident where the bad foundation goons swatted Eddies house after he got the symbiote being about a year ago or last year. (Sorry about fuzzy details it's been ages since I've seen venom again)

Also it's hard to pin its placement down if we are to believe the post credits scene which implies into the spider verse is taking place just after the events of venom and we have since discovered that the majority of that movie takes place from 15th Nov 2018 til later in the same month

Morbius also isn't easy to pin down either, I've discovered a coming soon summer 2020 shop display in a background shot but nothing as concrete to suggest a firm date (other than it has to take place after venom or venom 2) if we are to believe the background shot then it's somewhere between mid 2019 and late 2020 but apart from a fall or spring setting (definitely doesn't look like summer from the clothing in the film)
Don't put too much stock in the Venom Spider-Verse credits. Across the Spider-Verse, in accordance with the MCU's present day, is probably set around January-February 2025 (due to being months after No Way Home), while Venom: Let There Be Carnage is set around November 2024. That would place Venom in July 2019 because it's supposedly concurrent to Into the Spider-Verse, which is after Morbius so it doesn't work, and the start of the film is set in 2018 supposedly due to the email, except this would place it in January.

So, it's not concurrent.

Sounds like the film is definitely set in the early 2000s, and that plot about the villain trying to kill a pregnant Mary Parker could be true. So, this is a prequel set before everything else I think.

Good, because this universe needs a proper Spider hero.
Notice the newspaper the old woman is reading on the NY Subway - 2003 football.
Headline: "The Rookie (from?) Philly sets fans wild with his record-breaking first season."

I did some digging...the Philadelphia Eagles never had a rookie player with a record breaking first season in '03. Then again, there's other football leagues but I'm not gonna deep dive into that and assume it's a headline made for this film. But sports season that year was September to December.
1700059520796.png

Latest posts

Back