Spaceballs (The Animated Series - Mel Brooks)

DIrishB

The Timeline Guy
You are all just obstacles on my path to Nirvana.
From comingsoon.net:

Mel Brooks' Spaceballs Gets Animated
Source: Variety September 21, 2006

MGM TV has commissioned an animated series based on Mel Brooks' 1987 Spaceballs movie and sold exclusive rights in the U.S. to Comcast's G4 cable network.

Encompassing a one-hour pilot and 13 half-hour episodes, the project represents the first scripted series greenlit by the new TV division at MGM, led by Jim Packer, president of the worldwide TV distribution group. Series kicks off on G4 in fall 2007.

Although the movie grossed only $38.1 million in U.S. theaters, Packer said Spaceballs has become "a successful franchise for our library" through sale in video and DVD and to cable and pay TV nets.

Brooks and Thomas Meehan, who co-wrote the movie with Ronnie Graham, have penned the one-hour pilot, and Meehan will supervise the writing of the 13 half-hours. Brooks will do two of the voices, President Skroob and Yogurt.

Germany's Berliner Film Companie will provide the animation.

I'm pretty excited for this. I've always loved the movie (I can't believe its almost twenty years old), and Brooks' involvement only sweetens the deal. I'm glad to see the original writers will play a role in this series. Now I just have to get my cable company to broadcast G4 TV.

Meh.

I still think the movie is absolutely hilarious.....and anything Mel Brooks does is pure gold (even the new Producers movie). But this sounds just meh.

Cool more spaceballs.

I heard awhile ago they were making a 2nd movie then i heard it was joke by Mel Brooks when he said he would make it. But Animated series is a cool idea too but with something like this i think it will be either Really funny and well done or absolute crap. There will be no middle ground. I'm hoping for the well done and funny and if it does not come on tv here i'll import the dvd of it (assuming they do one) from usa

Someone never saw Dracula: Dead and Loving it...

I'm looking forward to it.

Are you kidding?!?!? Of course I saw it. It was hilarious!!!

"Give him another enema..."
"NOOOO!!! NOT ANOTHER ENEMA!"
"YES...ANOTHER!''

"Look at me....I'm cured! I'm drinking wine and eating chicken!"

:lol:

I mean it's no Blazing Saddles.....but it's still gold.

Cool more spaceballs.

I heard awhile ago they were making a 2nd movie then i heard it was joke by Mel Brooks when he said he would make it. But Animated series is a cool idea too but with something like this i think it will be either Really funny and well done or absolute crap. There will be no middle ground. I'm hoping for the well done and funny and if it does not come on tv here i'll import the dvd of it (assuming they do one) from usa

I agree on all counts.

I was just really hoping for Spaceballs 2: The Search For More Money..

The original (and Men in Tights) were two of the funniest films EVER. I mean Monty Python funny.

I was just really hoping for Spaceballs 2: The Search For More Money..

The original (and Men in Tights) were two of the funniest films EVER. I mean Monty Python funny.

I was hoping for Spaceballs episode 0 or something to mock prequels and with Jar Jar in them it just rights it's self :lol:

I thought it was going to be called Spaceballs 3: The Search For Spaceballs 2?

if you remember the first film when they are in Yogurt's cave they say...

Lone Starr: I wonder, will we ever see each other again?
Yogurt: Who knows? God willing, we'll all meet again in Spaceballs 2: The Search for More Money.

Whoa, Spaceballs is on tv right now... weird
if you remember the first film when they are in Yogurt's cave they say...

Lone Starr: I wonder, will we ever see each other again?
Yogurt: Who knows? God willing, we'll all meet again in Spaceballs 2: The Search for More Money.

Your right but Mel Brooks did say he wanted to do one when Revenge of the sith came out with the title I posted

Last edited:
ohhh just found out it airs September 1, 2007

Latest posts

Back