Spider-Man and Doctor Strange

Goodwill

Yeah, due to the fact that we know very little about him and he is coming up, we should do a background check... He was in UTU and I wanted to know why and to what effect? Also, why exactly is Peter paying him a visit?

This is why Peter pays hima visit:

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #70
Written by Brian Michael Bendis
Pencils & Cover by Mark Bagley

In the midst of Peter's bizarre dreams and flashbacks, he goes to see the one man who might be able to help him – Dr. Stephen Strange – Master of the Mystic Arts! Special appearance by the Ultimates, too! 32 PGS./MARVEL ALL AGES …$2.25

Ultimates - that should be cool.

Well, am I to assume that he is getting bad dreams about Gwen? You are assuming that nothing bad will happen to anyone between the Wolverine and Torch story... Not good Ice, not good at all!

Yeah, I'm wondering more about that than the Doc Strange story... What will he be doing with them and why?

Well, am I to assume that he is getting bad dreams about Gwen? You are assuming that nothing bad will happen to anyone between the Wolverine and Torch story... Not good Ice, not good at all!

Yes I know!!

He might be getting nightmares of Harry turning into a GHoblin like creature and that will lead onto the next arc, The Hobgoblin arc. I think something would have happened to Harry since he was involved in the accident and I think he will inject Oz serum into himself and go and try kill Peter and the Ultimates. Or Peter might just be getting bad dreams about Gwen. :mrgreen:

I like the idea of him dreaming about Harry becoming Hobgoblin (or Green Goblin) and it actually happening. Nice!

He might be getting nightmares of Harry turning into a GHoblin like creature and that will lead onto the next arc, The Hobgoblin arc. I think something would have happened to Harry since he was involved in the accident and I think he will inject Oz serum into himself and go and try kill Peter and the Ultimates. Or Peter might just be getting bad dreams about Gwen.

That would be cool if it happened. Nice thinking there!

Thanks. I thought that up while I was writing. it probably just be he's having trouble with Gwen's death. But I think it would be cool if he had a vision seeing Harry become the Hobgoblin or something like that.

That's right! ProjectX2 has brought up a good point as to why Harry won't be the Hobgoblin! Harry's primary target would be the Ultimates and SHIELD because Peter wasn't really involved with the crime that was comitted against his father. Very cool.

I do want to see how Bagley draws Dr. Strange.
Mmm, that would be yummy. This issue is bound to be suprising and maybe it might be about something completely different. I wonder why the Ultimates are there though? Fury can't get to sleep at night...

That would be kind of funny if that ws the case. Fury has dreams that The Ultimates are one day going to leave him and he'll have no one flash to order around.

Yeah, due to the fact that we know very little about him and he is coming up, we should do a background check... He was in UTU and I wanted to know why and to what effect?

If I recall correctly, isn't the Ultimate Dr. Strange the son of the original 616 Strange? Also, the story in UMT was an update of the original Spidey and Dr. Strange team-up waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in Amazing Spider-Man Annual #2 (thank god for Marvel Masterworks, natch).

After reading a review of the issue he was in in team-up, I have found out that the original Doctor Strange died and his son learnd how to use his magic or something like that.

He wasn't confirmed to have died, he just went missing and was never heard from again, leaving his pregnant girlfriend, Clea, to give birth to his son who, on his 21st birthday, was contacted by his father's old friend and servant, Wong, and started to train in the mystic arts. A good back story, but very misplaced in the Ultimate U, in my opinion. Sorcery doesn't fit in well with all the genetic experimentations and mutations, and the very fact that magic exists just makes a kid who can climb walls and swing from webs all the less special.

So is this Doctor Strange younger?
I believe so. I'm going to pick up the Hardocver for this instead of all the trades that don't even collect the Punisher story.

Latest posts

Back