Spider-Man Spider-man and Gwen Stacy.

Rawb

You know, I was reading House of M spider-man and it got me thinking. In this he has everything he has ever dreamed, EVERYTHING. Fame, acceptance, revenege and JJJ, no financial worries, uncle ben...and Gwen Stacy.

In this universe...which is everything he has ever wanted, he is (un?)surprisingly with Gwen Stacy and not MJ. He has been with MJ for at least 4 years in Spidey continuim and in this dream world he is still with Gwen.

When he was knocked out during sins past part, he was muttering I'll always love you to Gwen when MJ assumed it was she he was referring to. He has never ever let Gwen go and probably never will.

My point? Well.. You'd think after all these years he'd have mostly gotten over her, but after reading house of M, I still think he loves her more then his own wife.

I was just wondering if anyone else shared the same opinion of me, or totally feels like shooting me down :) Just a little thing that popped into mind.

You might be right. I almost agree with you - what will convince me would be if we find out that Scarlet Witch created a new world based on people's wishes, or just random changes. Obviously if Peter "picked" Gwen in his new world he still has some major attachment issues.

Good topic.

I agree. Has this not been cleared up before?I always thought it was one of those "he has an idealised version of her cause she was taken away."

Pete's probably still in love with the idea of being with Gwen.

That's a good point too.

You're right (Ultimate E) if it is based on a dream of the heroes then that would definately speak a lot for it.

I just keep jumping to Sins past and House of M. I think he still loves her as much as or maybe even more then MJ.

Rawb said:
That's a good point too.

You're right (Ultimate E) if it is based on a dream of the heroes then that would definately speak a lot for it.

I just keep jumping to Sins past and House of M. I think he still loves her as much as or maybe even more then MJ.

I thought the entire premise of HoM was that Magneto got Wanda to give the heroes everything they ever wanted so they wouldn't oppose his rule, i.e. the House. Wolverine always wanted to remember everything about his life, so he knows whats going on. Thus, a pretty good justification for him being the lead.

Bass said:
Also, it's complete bollocks that in Spidey's dream world he's married to Gwen.

If it was truly Spidey's dream world he'd be married to Gwen and MJ.

Dig dig, chop chop, dig dig, chop chop.....

Bass said:
If it was truly Spidey's dream world he'd be married to Gwen and MJ.

:roll: If it was truly Spidey's dream world he wouldn't be married to Gwen or MJ. It's pretty obvious that he's always had a thing for J. Jonah Jameson. C'mon, how could anyone resist that sexy 'stache!

*insert mustachioed smiley*

moonmaster said:
:roll: If it was truly Spidey's dream world he wouldn't be married to Gwen or MJ. It's pretty obvious that he's always had a thing for J. Jonah Jameson. C'mon, how could anyone resist that sexy 'stache!

*insert mustachioed smiley*

"Parker! Make me a sandwich or you're fired!"

Johnny Bravo said:
I agree. Has this not been cleared up before?I always thought it was one of those "he has an idealised version of her cause she was taken away."

Pete's probably still in love with the idea of being with Gwen.

Many many men have suffered this cruel fate. They ten dot fall in love with the hunt for a woman, (yes I said woman ladies), instead of the woman herself, therefore effectively sabotaging a relantionship before it starts.

So it isn't a baseless idea for Peter to be in love with the idea of being in love with Gwen.

Freaking wanker

Hmm...

He seems pretty hardcore to be in love with just an idea. But then again I do see your point and it is a good one. I think also he might hold it so close to him because other then his uncle this was his greatest failure.

Gwen, MJ, Jonah... hah, it's obvious you people know nothing. If Petey-o REALLY had his way he'd have it with Randi, Candi & Bambi, that foxy trio of ladies who used to suntan above his old apartment back before he married MJ.

Not that this isn't dead news already but i was just reading Amazing 495. Not only does Spidey say he can beat the hulk (not that that has to do with this, but it sounds sweet) but he earns himself a heft load of cash. At the end of the issue he erects a library with said cash and calls it the Gwen Stacy Memorial Library.

He is deeply in love with both Gwen and MJ. But if Gwen didn't die he would most likey be with her. A man can be in love with two women, he loves MJ as his wife but he will always love Gwen, even if she didn't die and just broke up with a part of him will always care for her.

House of M Just gave him a life where Ben and Gwen didn't die, and he is not outkast, that's what he wanted and that's whatr Wanda changed, the detail just sort of played out by itself

Latest posts

Back