Spider-man Series

Victor Von Doom said:
Agreed. DC has written the book on how to animate your comics.....and make it good.

I said it before and I'll say it again...all you fanboys who say the 90's Spiderman or X-Men cartoons are better are plain out retards. I mean that. Not a single Marvel episode can hold a candle to just 10 minutes of anything Timm has created.

I like alot of DC cartoons However I honestly say 90's xmen and spider-man > dc cartoons.

Victor Von Doom said:
Agreed. DC has written the book on how to animate your comics.....and make it good.

I said it before and I'll say it again...all you fanboys who say the 90's Spiderman or X-Men cartoons are better are plain out retards. I mean that. Not a single Marvel episode can hold a candle to just 10 minutes of anything Timm has created.

That's a little unfair. The Timmverse is undoubtedly better overall, but both the Spidey and the X-Men series were flat-out fantastic.

And the Timmverse does have a few really terrible episodes, which I can't remember ever happending with the two Marvel shows.

Planet-man said:
That's a little unfair. The Timmverse is undoubtedly better overall, but both the Spidey and the X-Men series were flat-out fantastic.

To me they were fantastic because it was basically an animated Marvel fix.

While I enjoyed Spiderman, I really hated the webswinging bits because of the generic computer buildings in the back. I know they were trying to add a new dimension/style with the animation but it just looked cheap.

X-Men was pretty faithful to the actual material. It did a good job in recreating a lot of my favorite events in the comics. But weak animation hindered it from greatness. They tried to be too detailed in the art. Too much shadows and poor coloring. The voice acting was just horrible as well. It's a cartoon yes---but when you compare it to the quality voice acting in Timmverse....Marvel just doesn't hold up.

Planet-man said:
And the Timmverse does have a few really terrible episodes, which I can't remember ever happending with the two Marvel shows.

Bad episode plots or ideas are ok as long as production is still quality. Episodes like JL's "Kid Stuff" and Superman's "Mr.Mxyplyehdkdt" (or whatever) might be comedic filler episodes but the production is still top-notch and far better than the production from X-Men or Spiderman.

Anyways....I don't wanna stray too far off topic. As long as Marvel actually puts forth the effort into creating a quality program and not some gimmicky Spiderman series like "Spiderman:Unlimted" than I'll be happy.

Victor Von Doom said:
As long as Marvel actually puts forth the effort into creating a quality program and not some gimmicky Spiderman series like "Spiderman:Unlimted" than I'll be happy.

Victor Von Doom said:
Doom don't do straight-to-DVD teen crap.

Flip-flopper. :roll:

Last edited:
ultimatedjf said:
This has been another edition of:

Pwned.

Why do I even bother with your ignorance? :roll:

But for the sake of debate---explain to me how I can be considered a flip-flopper when what you quoted me on were 2 totally different things?

If I say I have no interest in poorly budgeted, ametueristicly produced straight-to-DVD sequels of silly teen comedied like "American Pie" or "Bring It On".....but then say that I'll be satisfied if Marvel decides to put forth the effort in creating a quality program (regardless of whether or not its going to DVD), then how is that flip flopping?

Explain that to me...

Victor Von Doom said:
To me they were fantastic because it was basically an animated Marvel fix.

A flat-out fantastic Marvel fix.:p

when you compare it to the quality voice acting in Timmverse....Marvel just doesn't hold up.

That's because the Timmverse has the best voice acting anywhere, ever.

Bad episode plots or ideas are ok as long as production is still quality. Episodes like JL's "Kid Stuff" and Superman's "Mr.Mxyplyehdkdt" (or whatever) might be comedic filler episodes but the production is still top-notch and far better than the production from X-Men or Spiderman.

Oh those episodes are fine. I'm talking about the actually terrible ones, like B:TAS' "Batgirl Returns" or S:TAS' "Warrior Queen".

And I'd rather have a sub-par animated episode of X-Men with a terrific story than a visually pleasing but horribly scripted "Grudge Match".

Anyways....I don't wanna stray too far off topic.

I sense a Marvel Animated vs Timmverse thread in the near future(although the Timmverse clearly wins, Marvel can still hold it's own)...

Victor Von Doom said:

But for the sake of debate---explain to me how I can be considered a flip-flopper when what you quoted me on were 2 totally different things?

If I say I have no interest in poorly budgeted, ametueristicly produced straight-to-DVD sequels of silly teen comedied like "American Pie" or "Bring It On".....but then say that I'll be satisfied if Marvel decides to put forth the effort in creating a quality program (regardless of whether or not its going to DVD), then how is that flip flopping?

Explain that to me...

:roll: You two bicker like children.

children with Down's Syndrome...

Victor Von Doom said:

Explain that to me...

It's like apple jacks, it just is.

Zombipanda said:
:roll: You two bicker like children.

children with Down's Syndrome...

If I ever get a dog, I'm naming him Syndrome (after The Incredibles' character), so when he jumps up on people I can say "Down, Syndrome!"

They're doing the dvds to test the water (or something like that?) and hopefully get a network to show the reruns and possibly show new episode. This sounds wierd to me I hope they know what they're doing.

Latest posts

Back