Spider-man supporting cast

supermusli

Picking up on a theme from another thread...

Who from the supporting cast would you like to see more of? More Aunt May-issues? An issue with only Mary Jane? Ultimate Kong?

I would like to see more of the staff at Daily Bugle - Betty Ross, Robbie Robertson and even J Jonah Jameson. However, I do prefer the older Ben Urich that Bendis portraits in 616-universe Daredevil compared to the Ultimate version.

Another favourite is Captain de Wolfe, so I´d like to see more of her.

I would actually love to see more Flash, especially after what happened in the last issue... He seems like this character corrupted by the social hierarchies of high school that really has something inside of him. Whether he is stubborn about it or not, Flash Thompson does have some sort of heart and I'd like to see more of that... It could give his character some life, you know?

Also, I would love to see more Daily Bugle stuff. I think that JJJ, Urich, and Robertson all play off of each other very well and it is even more interesting when Peter sticks his nose in their business. JJJ allowed Peter to work along side of Urich, to shadow him, so it would be cool if we saw Urich develope into a father-figure sort of character.

Myself, I like to see more Kong. He seems (most if the time) dumb enough to do whatever Flash will say, and it always comes out funny. He does also at times seem cool to read Why? I don't know, he just seems like that to me.

Also, I wouldn't mind an issue where the supporting cast would be just Mary Jane. Maybe then her and Peter can fix all the problems between them too.

As for more of the Daily Bugle, which includes all their known staff, that would be nice. I always like to see what JJJ is up to.

MJ is a dry character... She's only there so that Bendis can have the dynamic teen conversations that everyone raves about. Next to someone like Gwen, I think she's a very boring character... Really, I'd love to see where she would go without Peter, if anywhere. They are always a couple (This goes with Cyclops and Jean, too) and I would like to see them seperated, if only for her character's sake.

Also, Kong is nothing more than a writing jab, hitting hard at the sidekicks, I believe. A character like Flash's needs one, really, so I only think he's there to be just that... A shadow to that of Flash. I don't want him to go anywhere but that.

I love Kong, and I wanna read more about him
He's the first original ultimate character, that became an actuall success, in my opinion.
But I gotta agree, I want some of the supporting stuff to take the spot-light again. I'd especially like to see more of peter following urich around the city.

I would like to be Flash. Despite the whole Flash-likes-Gwen thing (which was actually unconfirmed and just MJ deciding thats what it was), i still think he's gay. I really do.

Yes, Urich and Peter have a cool relationship as far as we know. It be real interesting to see more of that a lot more than we do.

I would actually love to see more Flash, especially after what happened in the last issue... He seems like this character corrupted by the social hierarchies of high school that really has something inside of him. Whether he is stubborn about it or not, Flash Thompson does have some sort of heart and I'd like to see more of that... It could give his character some life, you know?
Flash has no heart. None.

Ever since the first story arc, it's become pretty clear that whatever heart 616 Flash had was transplanted into the Kong character.

I'm sure that upsets the more 616-wedded Spidey fans, but it doesn't really bother me. I mean, if you want to divvy up the 'jock-bully' attributes between two characters instead of one, then it makes more sense for the one named Flash to be the unrepentantly assholic one, since most people identify Flash as 'that bully-guy' even if he straightened out in 616 decades ago.

Flash has no heart. None.

Ever since the first story arc, it's become pretty clear that whatever heart 616 Flash had was transplanted into the Kong character.

I'm sure that upsets the more 616-wedded Spidey fans, but it doesn't really bother me. I mean, if you want to divvy up the 'jock-bully' attributes between two characters instead of one, then it makes more sense for the one named Flash to be the unrepentantly assholic one, since most people identify Flash as 'that bully-guy' even if he straightened out in 616 decades ago.

Flash came close to some character development during the Gwen Stacy thing, but has since reverted to "omg luk at teh mutant-hatr".

Flash came close to some character development during the Gwen Stacy thing, but has since reverted to "omg luk at teh mutant-hatr".
To be honest, I can tolerate an out and out bigoted anti-mutant character over a freaky girl with thoroughly complicated mutant issues and potential self-loathing.

I mean that from a 'if they were real people' perspective, rather than from a writer's perspective.

Latest posts

Back