Spider-Man Spider-suit update (spoilerish Yarr)

Spade said:
its all a scam to hype us for spiderman 3 dont even get me started on how many venom/sandman stories there will be come the new year.

I feel like people are offended by this? I really have no problem and actually look forward to the re-exploration of certain characters to coincide with movies.

It challenges a writer to come up with a good way to reintroduce these elements and as long as they care about the title and don't just force it (It is up to the creative team not their bosses to make a good story regardless of how bad the idea might be) it's usually a fun read.

I agree that its up to the creative team to make the idea work, but wy should we continue to buy titles if the editors are forcing bad ideas on the creative teams?

But I agree, I do like to see the comics touch on characters from the movies, as long as its not TOO forced (Pheonix Endsong...)

I didn't read Joe Friday or this thread because I don't have time, but I'll still ask my question. Does this suppose that Venom is coming back or is he just making a costume that looks like it?

MaxwellSmart said:
I didn't read Joe Friday or this thread because I don't have time, but I'll still ask my question. Does this suppose that Venom is coming back or is he just making a costume that looks like it?
Doesn't say atall. I sorta doubt the retun of the Symbiote to Peter tho.

Maybe Peter will not join the anti reg, just quit the pro.
And to show that he is not supporting either sides, he changes his costume for something that will make him "neutral"
Or the symbiont will come back to Peter. It was the mission after all (before meeting Eddie) although I doubt this will happen.
Well I believe that after Civil war, Peter will be a person without many friends.

Why would the classic costume not be "neutral"? All he has to do is ditch the new costume, and he's neutral no matter what he wears.

The Civil War has something that brings the old marvel vs the new one. So I thought that if Peter goes for the classic he would be more to the old marvel (cap)
Anyway, just an idea, maybe he is just pissed off.

Or maybe the S-Man has joined today's culture and gone gothic..........

Wait, it was just a joke.............

*gets punched in face repeatedly by fellow UC members*

Ummmmm.......it was a joke.......just a joke.

Last edited:
I know it won't be with the symboite, but I think this would work. Iron Man sends the villains after the heros in Civil War, they try to kill and them and Spider-Man helps them and turns on Tony. Tony shuts his suit down causing him great pain. The symboite leaves Scor-Venom and makes a bargain with Peter. He accepts and makes a comeback.

I think that way would work and be complete badass. But I doubt it would happen.

I know it won't be with the symboite, but I think this would work. Iron Man sends the villains after the heros in Civil War, they try to kill and them and Spider-Man helps them and turns on Tony. Tony shuts his suit down causing him great pain. The symboite leaves Scor-Venom and makes a bargain with Peter. He accepts and makes a comeback.

I think that way would work and be complete badass. But I doubt it would happen.
Wow, that's a good theory. I wouldn't mind if it turned out like that. Good thoughts.

*Claps*

Does Peter need Tony's suit for any medical reasons?

I didn't read the Other, but I think it had something to do with physiologically changing spiderman... Is that why Tony gave him the suit? If so, I would really like to see TGO's theory come true.

Does Peter need Tony's suit for any medical reasons?

I didn't read the Other, but I think it had something to do with physiologically changing spiderman... Is that why Tony gave him the suit? If so, I would really like to see TGO's theory come true.

No medical reasons, but I don't see why Tony couldn't use technology to influence Peter's decisions. It's improbable, but not impossible.

So what were the massive changes that happened in The Other? Was organic webshooters the only thing to come out of the whole storyline?

why does joe Q want mary jane to die (if that's what's really going to happen)? that dosen't make sense killing off mary jane is like peter loosing a part of himself (in my opinion)

here's a thought.....what if it has to do with the other? like that coccoon we were left with at the end of that arc? and if it's still during civil war, i bet stark would want her/it on his side, since she/it is the anti Spider-man, and is everything he isn't. if they do do anything related to the other, i hope they work hard not to make it a crappy comeback story.

and, though i know i'm probably in the minority here, i didn't mind the other. it was a good story for thr fact that it could lead to some really amazing arcs.

Latest posts

Back