Star Wars - Timeline

At this point, I'm thinking we can safely place the Maz Kanata segments of Forces Of Destiny after TFA and TLJ since she seems to be telling tales from those two films.

Who is to say she's telling all these tales at same time? Perhaps each is told at a different time, maybe even not long after the events occurred? Its nebulous and unspecific, and I'm reluctant to break up the films or episodes by time code unless absolutely necessary.

New Star Wars animated series will debut this Fall on Disney Channel.

Star Wars - Resistance is apparently set a few years before The Force Awakens, and will focus on Kazuda Xiono, a new recruit to General Organa's Resistance, as he spies on the growing First Order. It will feature appearances by Poe Dameron, BB-8, and Captain Phasma (and likely more familiar characters), and apparently have an anime influence on the art style (which I'm not a fan of, personally). I wonder if that means something like the Forces of Destiny animated shorts...?

New Star Wars animated series will debut this Fall on Disney Channel.

Star Wars - Resistance is apparently set a few years before The Force Awakens, and will focus on Kazuda Xiono, a new recruit to General Organa's Resistance, as he spies on the growing First Order. It will feature appearances by Poe Dameron, BB-8, and Captain Phasma (and likely more familiar characters), and apparently have an anime influence on the art style (which I'm not a fan of, personally). I wonder if that means something like the Forces of Destiny animated shorts...?

Judging by that image, I imagine it will resemble Iron Man: Armored Adventures.

Just heard about that. I'll be doing an update with that added (and new comics) in next few days.

When you do will you please make a note of what you have changed? I use your timelines a lot in figuring out when events happen since finding this forum

So in the latest Forces Of Destiny TV special, we see Hondo and Maz together in the "present day" scenes. So either Hondo is REALLY old, or these scenes take place during the Prequel or Original trilogy era. Thoughts?

Last edited:
So in the latest Forces Of Destiny TV special, we see Hondo and Maz together in the "present day" scenes. So either Hondo is REALLY old, or these scenes take place during the Prequel or Original trilogy era. Thoughts?

We know from the Freemaker Adventures, which while not canon are not allowed to go against canon, that he is around ROTJ era so I don't think it's too far fetched for him to still be around

When you do will you please make a note of what you have changed? I use your timelines a lot in figuring out when events happen since finding this forum

Eh, probably not. Just too much stuff to keep track of between all the timelines I do without adding the specific changes made. Its easy to keep track, just look at the release dates for new comics and novels and I update for those usually within a few weeks of release.

Well, Maz did have a painting of Hondo in her castle in the SW Battlefront II multiplayer map of Maz's castle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSVllH-_abo

So that implies they knew each other for long enough for her to remember him fondly enough to hang a painting of him in her castle.

I only ever watched them online, never watched the TV specials, either I'm forgetting those "present day" scenes or they added those in only for the TV special... guess I need to track those down...

We know from the Freemaker Adventures, which while not canon are not allowed to go against canon, that he is around ROTJ era so I don't think it's too far fetched for him to still be around

Yup. For all we know Weequay species (which Hondo belongs to) have much longer life spans than humans. So its not only very possible he lived through events of Original Trilogy, its canon both due to Dallas' mentions about the Sequel Trilogy era set "present day" bookends the TV airings of FoD must have had, as well as the fact the upcoming Star Wars - Galaxy's Edge Disney theme park features Hondo having "borrowed" the Millennium Falcon from Chewbacca (presumably the events at the theme park are set sometime after TFA and TLJ to account for him not borrowing it from Han and Chewie).

I have no idea. I'd like to at least continue the discussion. Should we start a new thread?

I think there shouldn't be a new thread until there's someone who's willing to continue this timeline with the right resources and respect to DIrishB's work...

Last edited:
Hello, abandoned thread. Palpatine is back somehow... that's cool I guess...

Should have been Jar Jar Binks.

So what all is missing from this timeline? Just Rise of Skywalker and The Mandeloran?

So what all is missing from this timeline? Just Rise of Skywalker and The Mandeloran?

Latest posts

Back