Star Wars Visionaries (SPOILERS)

E

Excelsior Club
I got this last week and just started on it today. I'm about halfway through.

For those who don't know, it is a TPB of 10 short stories done by concept artists that worked on Revenge of the Sith. The stories jump all over the 2 trilogies.

I'm about halfway through and this is really good! I particularly liked the Darth Maul vs. Obi-Wan story and the Mon Mothma story.

Anyone else pick this up?

iceman said:
spoilers! SPOILERS!

Aw, I hate spoiling stuff like this.

The first story takes place 3 years into Imperial rule. Luke is just a toddler on Uncle Owen's farm and all of the sudden this figure approaches. It's Darth Maul, now very cyborgish with robot legs. His horns are also grown out. He says, "So it's true, there was a son" and starts to attack. Obi-Wan comes out of nowhere and come to find out, Darth Maul has been following him for years. He kills Darth Maul and takes the body away, and Owen tells him to never come back.

Another story is a narrative of a soldier involved in defending the Rebel base at Hoth, and it's a letter to back home, and when he gets caught he gives it to another soldier who escapes. Turns out the soldier is Mon Mothma's son and she receives the letter right before the final attack in RotJ when she makes her speech.

I'm not even halfway through yet but that kind of gives you an idea what it's like.

Whaaaat. Cyborg? Laaaaame.

Weeaaaak.

Foooolish.

Does he still have the double lightsaber?

UltimateE said:
Aw, I hate spoiling stuff like this.

The first story takes place 3 years into Imperial rule. Luke is just a toddler on Uncle Owen's farm and all of the sudden this figure approaches. It's Darth Maul, now very cyborgish with robot legs. His horns are also grown out. He says, "So it's true, there was a son" and starts to attack. Obi-Wan comes out of nowhere and come to find out, Darth Maul has been following him for years. He kills Darth Maul and takes the body away, and Owen tells him to never come back.

Another story is a narrative of a soldier involved in defending the Rebel base at Hoth, and it's a letter to back home, and when he gets caught he gives it to another soldier who escapes. Turns out the soldier is Mon Mothma's son and she receives the letter right before the final attack in RotJ when she makes her speech.

I'm not even halfway through yet but that kind of gives you an idea what it's like.

Well that stories kick ***... I should look into this.

hrm. how can he kill darth maul, if he freaking cut him in half and let him fall down a bottomless pit of doom and he is still alive?

man, he probably cut off his head, but what is stopping maul from just getting a completely robot body! like the ghost of christmas past. from the future.

as i recall darth maul did not talk in episode 1, and he looks freakin stupid wit out the dark jedi robes :evil:

Last edited:
iceman said:
hrm. how can he kill darth maul, if he freaking cut him in half and let him fall down a bottomless pit of doom and he is still alive?

Owen Lars blew his brains out with a blaster.

And as for why he didn't die when cut in half - who knows? maybe his alien physiology healed him partially or something; I don't know. How did Anakin survive a lava dip?

slimjim said:
as i recall darth maul did not talk in episode 1

He did; he had like 2 lines. But he did talk.

UltimateE said:
And as for why he didn't die when cut in half - who knows? maybe his alien physiology healed him partially or something; I don't know. How did Anakin survive a lava dip?

By useing the force. :wink:

Only problem with that theory as I stated earlier in another thread is while the force heals, the dark side slowly eats away at the soul of a being. And there's no evidence of Darth Maul ever embraceing anything but the Dark Side.

UltimateE said:
Owen Lars blew his brains out with a blaster.

He did; he had like 2 lines. But he did talk.

1. The fact that Owen killed him, with a blaster, and not Obi-Wan is so cool I cannot even think of words to express it.

Stormtroopers > Owen > Qui-gon?

2. Anakin is a lot stronger in the force than Darth Maul was.

iceman said:
2. Anakin is a lot stronger in the force than Darth Maul was.

Yeah, but it's not a comparison. Darth Maul *could have* been strong enough in the Force to keep himself from dying.

Stop tring to turn me into a Star Wars dork. :D

iceman said:
man, he probably cut off his head, but what is stopping maul from just getting a completely robot body! like the ghost of christmas past. from the future.

That's exactly what's gonna happen. I can already see it:

*cue fog machine and dramatic music*

"THOUSANDS OF YEARS AGO, BEFORE SANDRA BULLOCK WAS IN 'SPEED', THE GREAT FORCE APE LANDED ON CRUSTONANBOONTOOINE AND CONQUERED ITS RACE OF SIMPLE MINDED WALRUS MEN......"

6 hours later:

"AND THAT'S HOW JAR JAR WAS BORN............WITH ROBOTS!!!!!!!"

Hmn. This comic reminds me of a PAINFULLY LONG STORY!!...

Latest posts

Back