Stargate Universe (Spoilers)

I am just now getting into Stargate. With BSG over, I need a new sci-fi show to obsess over, and, since there's fifteen seasons worth of Stargate along with several movies both done and in-production, and a whole new show on the way, I figure it's as good a series as any to plunge right into.

So, while I may be new to this, I'm looking forward to it! :D

My only experience with Stargate is the movie. I've seen bits of the TV shows and I wasn't really interested in it.

But this looks good. And it has the guy from Trainspotting and 28 Weeks Later in it. He also played Hitler.

I might watch this.

He was also in 24: Redemption!

Plus, anyone can watch this without having to have watched the other shows. It's a nice 'jumping on point.'

Plus, anyone can watch this without having to have watched the other shows. It's a nice 'jumping on point.'

Yeah, I heard it was only tangentially connected to SG-1 and Atlantis. Still, I want to get through the first two shows before this comes on. Think I can get through 15 seasons before September?

My only experience with Stargate is the movie. I've seen bits of the TV shows and I wasn't really interested in it.

But this looks good. And it has the guy from Trainspotting and 28 Weeks Later in it. He also played Hitler.

He was also in The Full Monty. :oops:

Yeah, I heard it was only tangentially connected to SG-1 and Atlantis. Still, I want to get through the first two shows before this comes on. Think I can get through 15 seasons before September?

6 months? Sure. That equates to around 2 1/2 seasons per month. Average season is what, 20-24 episodes (or around 50-60 episodes per month), so yeah, at a rate of a couple episodes per day and you're golden. :D

Last edited:
Recently read that Ming-Na's character, Chamille will be gay. I'm wondering how well they will handle it. I hate to admit, I'd like to see her partner being back on Earth, or anywhere but on the ship. I just want to see a character written where they're separated from the person they love, and it's not something melodramatic like DEATH.

[YOUTUBE]7u61lrbqvLg[/YOUTUBE]

Looks fairly accessible to new audiences due to the inclusion of that kid. I think I shall check this out.

I'm not sure whether to keep watching or not. I liked a lot of it - especially Robert Carlyle and the kid. But a lot of things annoyed me - halfway through I was bored of the constant shift in time and every time a character was about to confront another character they would be interrupted by a radio message or an injury. That happened like three or four times and that's way too often.

I'm going to watch the next episode since it's Part 3 and concludes the opening episodes but if that doesn't entertain me, then I doubt I will keep up with this show on an ongoing basis.

Last edited:
I was disappointed by it. It felt more like a show wanting to be a Stargate show than actually being one. The only thing that really excited me was the cameos by the original SG-1 crew.

The constant shift annoyed me also. I got confused for a bit because of it. I might keep watching it. Not sure.

I was so excited for this. :(

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back