State of the Universe address

fenway

Please address the state of the Ultimate Universe by ranking the following current/recent arcs/events in order of enjoyment for you.

Here are the events, in the order in which I preferred:

1. Ultimate Human
2. Death of a Goblin
3. Ultimate Vision
4. UFF Thanos arc
5. Spidey's super-friends arc (or whatever)
6. UXM Apocalypse arc
7. Ultimates 3
8. Ultimate Power

The first, I think, is excellent
The second and third are/were good
The fourth and fifth passable
The sixth disappointing
The seventh and eighth atrocoius

"My fellow UCer's, the state of the Ultimate Universe is piss poor. Our great continuity is constantly under fire form a supreme lack of intelligence and intrigue. The days where moral questions ranging from genetic testing and mutant rights to super human arms race and genetic wars are gone. Replaced by idiotic stories of broadly drawn characters with no character development and no logical hindsight. We now face a new age for our universe. And age full of pointless plot twists, an age where the past has no bearings on the present, an age where all things no longer matter. Anything that has been done will be reversed in a more retarded way.

Sure we have Ultimate Human and few notable issues. But our once great universe is falling. The Ultimates were the pinnacle of the ultimate Universe, but have been reduced by the ramblings of a mad man. The problems facing out continuity is but a part of an even greater problem. Across all medias and all genres quality of story telling and characterizations is in a serious decline. Are supply of awesome in a recession of such magnitude it's been the lowest since the 90's. This lack of intellectual simulation is having serious effects on the public. I mean honestly, how would TGO win greatest member, seriously? We must stand up against this Editorial Axis of Evil.

That's why I plead to you, the people, don't purchase any of these offenders to awesome. This war cannot be won through violence or simply complaining about it on the internet. It can only be won by your individual actions, only you can prevent this evil from spreading. The state of the Ultimate Universe may be poor, but it is not beyond saving. You have the power to bring our once great continuity back from the brink of retardation. It is your responsibility, your duty, to show the EAE (Editorial Axis of Evil) that you will no longer stand for this power level of writing, by hitting them where it hurts the most, their wallets. I beg you my fellow geeks, stand up and be heard."

1. Ultimate Human <- kind of early to rank this one but it's much better already than any of the others.
2. Ultimate Vision
15. Death of a Goblin
500. Spidey's super-friends arc (or whatever)
99999999999999998. Ultimate Power
99999999999999999. Ultimates 3

UFF Thanos arc <- haven't read it yet
UXM Apocalypse arc <- haven't read it yet

I like the idea of the "address".

ULTIMATE HUMAN - I'm glad it's four issues. It's very 'decompressed' and there's not much there, but Ellis has made it really entertaining to read. It could've probably just been three issues, but it's still a lot of fun. Ellis has a kind of refreshing vitality here that was what made The Authority so much fun in the beginning - which is only appropriate, as Ellis' take on the Wildstorm Universe was the artistic inspiration for the Ultimate Marvel universe.

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN - Even though Immonen is incredible, this title is still pretty bland and dull. There was one issue, the first part of the "Amazing Friends" arc, which was superb. But then, Bendis got his meta on and it became so boring with pointless cameos from the X-Men... again.

ULTIMATE VISION - Meh. Not a bad idea, but it's... I dunno. Didn't grip me. It was just kinda 'there'.

ULTIMATE X-MEN - It's kinda childish at the moment, and really, REALLY, getting into a top trump kinda thing. Apocalypse vs X-Men, then Apocalypse vs Professor X, then Apocalypse vs Phoenix... It just feels... really rushed and simplistic. This wouldn't look out of place in 616 because the X-Men are always in these stupid situations with 'the most powerful mutant ever' nonsense. But in the Ultimate universe... where I think this may be the FIRST time anyone has ever time-travelled - and it's kinda treated very laissez-faire. I dunno. I did like Kirkman's idea that Apocalypse can control mutant powers because everyone's an offshoot of him (or so he claims). That's a very good take on Apocalypse.

ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR - The Psycho-Man arc was pretty cool, but I think the God War arc was just crap. So this latest arc of Thanos hasn't interested me enough to even give it a read. :/

ULTIMATES 3 and ULTIMATE POWER - Ugh.

Are you still whining about that?

Everyone loves me.

I do! :D

Are you still whining about that?

Everyone loves me.

Yes, Not only are you the greatest member here *points as site*. But you wil always be the greatest member here too *points at his :heart:*

cue cheesy music and we a have moment!

But in the Ultimate universe... where I think this may be the FIRST time anyone has ever time-travelled - and it's kinda treated very laissez-faire. I dunno.

Nah it wasn't. They have time travelled in UFF, punched a T-Rex, and hey presto! Ultimates 3.

See kids, time travel is bad, don't time travel mmkay?

Yes, Not only are you the greatest member here *points as site*. But you wil always be the greatest member here too *points at his :heart:*

cue cheesy music and we a have moment!

Teh ghay.

Nah it wasn't. They have time travelled in UFF, punched a T-Rex, and hey presto! Ultimates 3.

See kids, time travel is bad, don't time travel mmkay?

Oh yeah - that was Millar's F4 run which I kinda forget about. But it's still the first time the X-Men have time travelled. I dunno - the whole X-time-travel thing is like, me going to the moon and not caring because Armstrong got there first...

I dont know how everybody else does it, but I just ignore the parts of the Ultimate Universe I dont like. Its not like i can make it change any other way. So in my personal happy little bubble, there has never been a UFF, Ultimates 3 or ultimate power. Life is still good.

So with that in mind, my 10 ten would be:

1. Ultimate Human
2. Death of a Goblin
3. Spidey's super-friends arc (or whatever)
4. UXM Apocalypse arc
5. Ultimate Vision
6. UFF Thanos arc (the who?)
7. Ultimates 3 (the what?)
8. Ultimate Power (it never happened)

See how easy it is? The ultimates are sill awsome! We cant travel in time and Fury dissapeared after Ultimates 2!!!:D

Latest posts

Back