Steampunk

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

The Ultimate Central Store has the following related titles in stock:

Cathedral Child and Clockwork Angels by Lea Hernandez. Part of the Texas Steampunk series. I haven't read them myself, but they've recieved enthusiastic reviews from fans of the genre. The art is manga-influenced. You can read more about the series here.

The Difference Engine by William Gibson and Bruce Sterling. A prose novel, not a comic. But still worth checking out. Definitely part of the steampunk 'canon'. Have a look at the related Wikipedia entry, if you're not familiar with it -- there are no real spoilers.

Ruse: Enter the Detectives by Mark Waid and Jackson Guice. One of the more interesting titles published by CrossGen before its untimely closure. I've only read the first collection, and honestly it didn't keep my interest enough to want to pay for more. But who knows? You just might appreciate it more than I did. I'd defintiely read further volumes, if I didn't have to *pay* for them. Here's a spoiler-free Wikipedia entry about the title.

And finally...

Honor Among Punks: The Complete Baker Street Graphic Novel by Guy Davis. Under-rated indpendent graphic novel that was sadly never followed up (the ending leaves plenty of sub-lots unresolved). Not *technically* a "clockpunk" title, because it doesn't feature advanced technology. But it transplants the punk subculture of Thatcher-era London to a more Victorian setting, so it's still very steampunk-y, in spirit.

That's all I can remember, for now. Hope you discover something you enjoy among those choices.

A good Marvel series that has some Steampunk/Clockpunk elements is 1602 - however, it is set in the Edwardian Age. It is still worth a read though.

I second the recommendation for Sebastian O. It's an early Vertigo mini-series by Grant Morrison and, I think, Phil Jimenez. The protagonist himself is rather charming, and even if the story doesn't always work, as a whole, there are many clever individual scenes and set-pieces, and wild ideas. So yes, it's flawed, and a little confusing, but still a lot of fun.

Last edited:
if you're looking for any steampunk video games, check out the thief series.

Screw you people....I liked Bachalo's Steampunk

Screw you people....I liked Bachalo's Steampunk
orly.gif

Latest posts

Back