Stella

Planet-man

Toronto, Ontario(by way of the Kepler Verge)
Does anybody here watch it? It one of those completely random sureal comedies. It's about three guys who are roommates and constantly get into these bizarre situations. If you're a fan of Arrested Development, Family Guy, or The Naked Gun movies, chances are you'll like it.

It was a great show. I'm not sure if there'll be a second season, though.:(

moonmaster said:
It was a great show. I'm not sure if there'll be a second season, though.:(

Judging by a joke David Wain made on Best Week Ever this week, it looks like its gone for good sadly. :x

Bet you know what joke he made, right moony? I know you like BWE. :D

ultimatedjf said:
Judging by a joke David Wain made on Best Week Ever this week, it looks like its gone for good sadly. :x

Bet you know what joke he made, right moony? I know you like BWE. :D
"This dog's name is Stella!"

"Oh, I hope it doesn't get cancelled too."

When is it on? Why is it that all comedies like that get cancelled (Arrested Development, Family Guy, Titus) and crappy *** shows are still on the air?

I mentioned this in the Recommended TV Series thread, but now that the whole first season is out on DVD, I figure it'd be nice to dig this thread up again.

I can't wait to get the DVD set. I've been watching the Stella Short films on the net all weekend(the ones they made before doing the show). They're so freaking funny.

If you've never seen them before, here are a few of them:

"Bored"(featuring Sam Rockwell)

"Poker"

"Office Party"

"Yoga Class"

"Truth"

There are some more at CollegeHumor.com

Last edited:
Stella is great. I downloaded those shorts a while ago, some are great, some are bleh, and some are just outrageously immature.

Wet Hot American summer is the funniest movie ever.

I forgot to post one of my favourite Stella Shorts, "Raking Leaves". I'll have to find it.

My friend got the first season set at HMV the other day. The Special Features sound awesome. There's commentary on every episode, a whole bunch of deleted scenes, numerous outtakes, a 30-Minute live Stella act, a long making of thing, and some Easter Eggs.

I can't wait for this.:D

I watched an episode or two. Didn't really impress me. I just didn't laugh. :?

Last edited:
Really? Huh. I guess it may be an aqquired taste for some people(some of the best stuff is, like AD), but for me it was love at first scene. Do you remember which episodes you watched?

Nope. It was whatever they'd put up ON DEMAND thanks to comcrap.

And for the record, I love Arrested Development. Best sitcom of the last decade.

It's funny that you didn't like it because Michael Showalter starred in a comedy called The Baxter last year.:p

I can't stop watching the DVDs. I've watched every episode 3 or 4 times, and then again with the commentaries. It never gets old.

This also has to be one of the most quotable shows of all time. It's signifcantly changed my entire view on comedy.

He did his show as part of orientation week... he did his stand-up act and showed a powerpoint presentation where he had drawn a smurf penis.

Latest posts

Back