Steve Ditko's "the Question"

I like it. 'Bout time he did something big.

I have no idea what's going on in the DCU, but I loved The Question in Justice League Unlimited.

Bass said:
I have no idea what's going on in the DCU, but I loved The Question in Justice League Unlimited.
Batman and the "bat family" aren't around for a year, something to do with the end of IC, and Question step in to take his place for a year

Random said:
Batman and the "bat family" aren't around for a year, something to do with the end of IC, and Question step in to take his place for a year

... soooooo, the Bat family are missing (for some unrevealed reason) for a year, and the comics pick up one year later? So the Bat titles are, of course, filled with the Bat family?

I think that's a GIMMICK.

However, I do like the Question. I might take a looksee.

Bass said:
... soooooo, the Bat family are missing (for some unrevealed reason) for a year, and the comics pick up one year later? So the Bat titles are, of course, filled with the Bat family?

"I can see you."

Bass said:

So the Bat titles are, of course, filled with the Bat family?

I don't get that question.

The idea that "One Year Later" broadcasts a very different DCU, but all the "really different" stuff (Catwoman living through pregnancy, the Bat family being missing) happens in the year we don't see.

So in other words, IC happens, changes everything for one year, after which things begin to return to normal, and the comics line misses out the year in between, so things start off... pretty much like they were before IC.

If the Bat family are supposed to be missing, I find it unbelievably gimmicky and convienent that they've been missing during the period prior to OYL, if this is indeed, the case.

Does that make more sense?

I think that projectx2 doesn't know who the Question is. The Question was journalist Vic Sage on a crusade for justice and morality with the Objectivist philosophy of Ayn Rand. Later, Denny O'neal gave him more of an eastern philosophical view of Taoism, And Rick Veich gave him the mysticism of Carlos Castineta. He's been on Justice League Unlimited lately.

onenewquestion said:
I think that projectx2 doesn't know who the Question is. The Question was journalist Vic Sage on a crusade for justice and morality with the Objectivist philosophy of Ayn Rand. Later, Denny O'neal gave him more of an eastern philosophical view of Taoism, And Rick Veich gave him the mysticism of Carlos Castineta. He's been on Justice League Unlimited lately.

I know who The Question is... :?

Bass said:
The idea that "One Year Later" broadcasts a very different DCU, but all the "really different" stuff (Catwoman living through pregnancy, the Bat family being missing) happens in the year we don't see.

So in other words, IC happens, changes everything for one year, after which things begin to return to normal, and the comics line misses out the year in between, so things start off... pretty much like they were before IC.

If the Bat family are supposed to be missing, I find it unbelievably gimmicky and convienent that they've been missing during the period prior to OYL, if this is indeed, the case.

Does that make more sense?
52 is going to cover the missing year. I don't think Batman, Superman, or Wonder Woman do anything for the whole year. But, I also find the whole idea somewhat gimmicky.

Last edited:
i think it's an interesting gimmick though. also, i think that the question might die at the end of 52. for the following reasons:

- he hasn't been seen in any oyl books, if i recall correctly
- it has been stated numerous times that harvey dent has been cleaning up the streets in the meantime. so i think that the question is at some point offed, and then dent fills in the vacuum.

that would suck though, because the question is one of the coolest characters around.

we also havent seen renee montoya, Steel, black adam, ralph dibny, OR Booster Gold... so i wouldnt be sure that Question bites it...

52 gives the other heroes a chance to shine because they know for a fact that batman, superman, OR wonder woman is just going to show up and save the day... The other heroes have to really work at it, trying to prove themselves as they fill in for the trio of heroes...

I think The Question is going to come to Gotham under batman's orders...

Batman is leaving the city with people he trusts while he's gone, Harvey Dent is proof of that... He needed someone to do his job, so he called the Question.

I don't KNOW that, but i have a hunch.

Latest posts

Back