Story Arcs: Too Much of a Good Thing?

Jeremy116

I for one am excited to learn that the upcomng batch of USM will be short two-issue team-up type stories. Too many of the latest long-form arcs have left me dissatisfied (Carnage, Venom, and that mutant one). I was seriously considering dropping the book for a while, but I did enjoy the "Hollywood" arc (very satisfying all around).

I think these next few issues should remind me how great a simple Spider-Man story can be. No more of this two issues of setup, one/two issues of chasing each other around, one issue of fighting, and maybe one issue of wrap-up.

I too was disappointed in the Venom and Irresponsible arcs. They were a bit drawn out. I might be getting the Hollywood trade soon. Can you give me a few spoilers?

I agree that this will be a nice change of pace.

Venom wasn't that bad, was it? It was more of an adult story, though, I'll agree on that.
And Carnage was the best Ult. spidey story so far, if you ask me.
Hollywood felt lame to me, though. I liked the development of Gwen, but the whole story about Dr. Ock just bored me to death.
I'm lookin forward to the shorter arcs, though, because I hate it when you have to wait 3 months for a story to finish. I'm especially lookin forward to the Torch. Wolverine didn't get me very excited, though.

Wow i think just the opposite. Hollywood was one of the best arcs so far and carnage was a bit of a letdown for me.

Spidey getting his butt whooped and put on a plane? Does it get any better then that? i submit that it cannot.

Wow i think just the opposite. Hollywood was one of the best arcs so far and carnage was a bit of a letdown for me.

That's exactly what I thought when I read that!

The bit when he pulled Peter's tooth out was excellent. It was pretty minor in the grand scheme of things but that perfectly encapulates what I love about Bendis. Something like that is ten times worse then getting beat up by a baddie - how do you explain that to Aunt May when you're trying to keep your identity secret??!!

One thing that annoys me is that he is in high school for life... I think there should be some eventual progression in age, here, rather than have him a 15 year old for I don't know how many years.

it does seem kind of strange that just after Ultimate Six Doctor Octopus escapes again. I know he's in jail in this time, but won't SHIELD learn? They should melt his arms if they can. Ultimate Doc Ock is probably my favourite villain besides Magneto!

They should melt his arms if they can.

Not to...

S
P
O
I
L

T
H
I
N
G
S

... But they do do that at the end of the arc. That was one of the coolest scenes in the whole story (beside Doc taking Spidey's tooth out, and Spidey hitchhiking back to NYC).

So will Doc Ock makes new arms or is that the end of him?

That's good. I like him in Ultimate Six. The coolest part in the book was the bit where he went "You'll just have to take my word for it." And stabs all the doctors with his arms.

I like the way they made Doc Ock here. Although I didnt like that the first time they showed Kraven fighting Spidey, it was sooooo short. Like two pages worth is really something?!

Hope he comes back and gets an arc of his own.

Yes, Kraven could have been much better. Now that he has been genetically altered he should come back in his own arc.

Latest posts

Back