Stranger than Fiction.

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Will Ferrell's next movie. You can view the trailer right here.

I had heard about this before, but seeing the trailer made me want to see it NOW. This will rock.

And on a related note (of Will Ferrell), he has a movie coming out in 2007 called "Blades of Glory". The synops of it:

Two rival Olympic figure skaters are stripped of their medals and banned from the sport after a nasty brawl at the Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City. After years of obscurity, the two men put aside their differences and exploit a loophole that allows them to compete in the pairs figure skating category.

Last edited:
I admit that this looks funny. Not Ricky Bobby/Ron Burgandy funny.....but classic low-key Ferrell funny.

The trailer and premise reminds me of John Candy's "Delirious".

Either way......I'm so there.

When it's all said and done, Ferrell will go down as one of the comedic greats like Belushi, Candy, Short, Steve Martin.

I wouldn't say it's a different Ferrell so much as it is the role that Ferrell was born to play, in the same way that Jim Carrey's Truman Burbank character from Truman Show was actually the epitome of what Jim Carrey's life and career amounted to.

The thing with Will Ferrel is that I cannot STAND him when he's playing the obnoxious, wacky guy(Anchorman, Talledaga Nights). If he sticks with that, he'll always be thought of as the king of dumb, mainstream humour.

On the other hand, I think he's just about the best straight-man in the business(Celebrity Jeopardy...no further explanation needed). If he focuses on that and keeps doing movies like this, his career will be added to the history books.

Did anyone see this? I saw it last night; it's definitely not the crapfest the critics said it was. In fact, it was actually quite good. Maggie Gyllenhaal was, of course, the standout of the film.

4/5

You sure you shouldn't rent it first? There were a lot of people who didn't like it at all and it's by no means your standard "Will Ferrell movie."
Which is probably precisely the reason why some people liked it. Especially those who aren't generally fans of Will Ferrell in the first place.

I liked it.

This is Will Ferrell's best movie.

Victor Von Doom said:
When it's all said and done, Ferrell will go down as one of the comedic greats like Belushi, Candy, Short, Steve Martin.

Sometimes I regret ever saying this.

Give me $50 and I'll remove all traces of it.

It will cost another $50 to delete this post though.

Last edited:
The thing with Will Ferrel is that I cannot STAND him when he's playing the obnoxious, wacky guy(Anchorman, Talledaga Nights). If he sticks with that, he'll always be thought of as the king of dumb, mainstream humour.

On the other hand, I think he's just about the best straight-man in the business(Celebrity Jeopardy...no further explanation needed). If he focuses on that and keeps doing movies like this, his career will be added to the history books.

I agree with this completely

This is Will Ferrell's best movie.
And probably this too. To be honest the ONLY two WIll Ferrell movies I like are this and Elf. And I like them both a lot.

Sometimes I regret ever saying this.
only sometimes?

Latest posts

Back