String Theory, anyone?

Gideon Stargrave

Well...I can't believe that I'm doing this, but I need help...again.

I'm doing a project on String theory, and while I've read a bunch of stuff on it (mostly wikipedia and google related links) I'm still struggling with understanding most of the concepts. I know that some of you here like to think that you're smart or something...so how about helping me not fail high school...again?

Last edited:
Ew, physics, not my strong suit

Sorry man, I'll research it later and see what I can understand from it.

(If it was Chemistry, Biology or Gentically related, I would be able to help better)

Ew, physics, not my strong suit

Sorry man, I'll research it later and see what I can understand from it.

(If it was Chemistry, Biology or Gentically related, I would be able to help better)

I hate biology and chemistry. The only science that I even have a basic knowledge of is physics. However, most of the elements of string theory confuse me. I get the part where String Theory helps prove quantum gravity and it possibly being a "theory of everything" but the rest is lost on me.

Well, it basically says everything in the universe is made up of strings. They are the smallest posisble component you could have. Everything is tied together through this very weird deduction.

Also, something about multiple dimensions which may or may not exist but are the only possible way to make the math work.

I've read Elegant Universe. And this is all I know. I can dig it out again if you have more specific questions.

Well, it basically says everything in the universe is made up of strings. They are the smallest posisble component you could have. Everything is tied together through this very weird deduction.

Also, something about multiple dimensions which may or may not exist but are the only possible way to make the math work.

I've read Elegant Universe. And this is all I know. I can dig it out again if you have more specific questions.

Well, again, I understand the basic concepts. But I'm having lots of trouble wrapping my head around the math and how the alternate dimensions factor in. If anyone has any sort of knowledge about the more intricate details that they would like to explain, I'd really appreciate it.

Well, again, I understand the basic concepts. But I'm having lots of trouble wrapping my head around the math and how the alternate dimensions factor in. If anyone has any sort of knowledge about the more intricate details that they would like to explain, I'd really appreciate it.

Sadly I won't know anything about this for a few weeks.

What? I'm reading up on my theoretical physics after my brain surgery.

...Its the guy from colbert a few weeks ago. :(

String theory is a piece of piss.

Basically, you take a string, and on one end is your birth, and on the other is your death, and the string is all the days in between. Now, if you were to tie the string ends together, you'd make a loop, and then if you were to jumble up the string in your palm, the days of your life would connect out of sequence, and that is what String theory is all about.

Oh boy.

You meant the other string theory. You don't need to talk about it. Tell them it's an obsolete theory and the real theory is M-theory. What the M stands for is not really known, possibly Magic, but more than likely Membrane, which is to do with the supposedly huge, gigantic membranes that, when they clash, they create a big bang, and thus, an entire universe between them (this is how big they are). Rock. I am teh smart3st.

Basically, you take a string, and on one end is your birth, and on the other is your death, and the string is all the days in between. Now, if you were to tie the string ends together, you'd make a loop, and then if you were to jumble up the string in your palm, the days of your life would connect out of sequence, and that is what String theory is all about.

Oh boy.

You meant the other string theory. You don't need to talk about it. Tell them it's an obsolete theory and the real theory is M-theory. What the M stands for is not really known, possibly Magic, but more than likely Membrane, which is to do with the supposedly huge, gigantic membranes that, when they clash, they create a big bang, and thus, an entire universe between them (this is how big they are). Rock. I am teh smart3st.

If anyone else posted this...I would tell them that they suxxored. However, since it's the fabled "Bass" I can't help but feel turned on.

Well...I can't believe that I'm doing this, but I need help...again.

I'm doing a project on String theory, and while I've read a bunch of stuff on it (mostly wikipedia and google related links) I'm still struggling with understanding most of the concepts. I know that some of you here like to think that you're smart or something...so how about helping me not fail high school...again?
I'm also very interested in String Theory. I get the basic concepts, but I can't really help you with anything else.
I hate biology and chemistry. The only science that I even have a basic knowledge of is physics.
I'm taking AP Biology, mainly because I love theoretical and quantum physics, but the Physics classes seem to mainly focus on basic laws of motion and that kind of thing. Plus, I get lost whenever I get to the Math. I hate Math.

And chemistry sucks. It's Math wearing a Science mask. It tricks you into taking classes on it and by the time you realize it's just Math, it's too late.

Oh boy.

*looks up M-Theory on Wikipedia*

Interesting...

Oh boy.

Bass is correct.

(I was forced to study these bizarre cosmic theories because of a physics professor who has turned every science class he runs --- from basic to advanced --- into the same high concept physics class and was obsessed with dark matter and nonquantitative measurements.)

Latest posts

Back