Stupidest Comic Book Ideas Ever...

Goodwill

What brought this thread up in my mind was the fact that Forge had a mechanical appendage but Doc Conners, an esteemed doctor did not... I was just wondering why, you know? I thought that was a valid question. Also, the whole adamantium mess and **** about cosmic cubes of power also got me going a bit much, too.

Considering Forge's Power was that he could build anything out of anything... I don't think it's too far off...

by the way we have one more thread until 1000... I PMed E. and asked him to delete some of my threads that just didn't get any attention... but let's not make 1000 a really stupid one...

I'll try not to start a "what would happen if they found a frozen Cap America and thawed him out?" thread then :D
And given my take on some ideas for the UU, I'm sure I can think of the whackest storylines every. just gimme a while to get a couple more beers inside me :)

Hmmm....Secret Wars 2 and Infinity War were pretty stupid ideas.

The recent X-force limited series. Not only was the art terrible, the dialog terrible, the plot terrible and the focus on the things that even Marvel knows people hate (Time travel, mystic options, obscure monks and so on) but it just made almost no sense. It wasn't just a bad storyline, it was a bad idea, flat out. Now, of course, this leads into another reality-hopping-baddie-killing story in X-force: Shatterstar. Yippee.

well if you mean the shiar' crystal when you are talking about cosmic cubes of power than... it's not that ridiculous especially if Kal El' can come from a planet with a red sun move to a planet with a yellow one and become Superman. The flash can survive a run-in with a lightning bolt and not only survive but gain super speed. A green man can come to earth and give a guy a ring that can make anything he can imagine except now he has a weekness to all things yellow. all that stuff is out there and no one even blinks at it. i mean It is comic books, so it's not to tough for me to see that admantium is the strongest metal in their known universe. I don't know what the strongest metal is in ours but i do know that a diamond is the hardest substance we have and there are all types of other jewels that are similar in hardness and blah blah so that's why i can see that going on. And as far as the Doc Connors thing, he's just a doctor. He's a smart guy and all that. But his genius is debatable plus i'm sure it would be expensive to get since you forge already has the patent. The doc is after all just on a professor's salary. but Forge can build anything he can imagine, anything. out of anything. the guy can make interstellar space ships to levitating remote controls. He's one of my favorite characters.

Now as far as a stupid comic book idea goes the RETURN OF THE X-BABIES has got to get in there at the top somewhere (even though they were some cute little bastards), and also the whole agreeance w/ a name like Captain Cold. That moniker is so LAME. i'm boycotting that guy. i'm sure i could come up with more but that's what i have right now.

Synch said:
well if you mean the shiar' crystal when you are talking about cosmic cubes of power

Unfortunately not. Cosmic cubes and the M'kraan crystal are completely different things.

Oh...

Well in that case **** cosmic cubes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like the idea of the Shi'ar, anyway. If they were introduced, they are better left in the Conspiracy Trilogy or the Ultimates.

Galactus. The surviver of the last universe going around and destrony planets in ours just because he's hungry. There's got to be some way to synthisize the energy he gets, and the man's had literaly since the dawn of time to work on it. Lazy bastard.

Baxter said:
Galactus. The surviver of the last universe going around and destrony planets in ours just because he's hungry. There's got to be some way to synthisize the energy he gets, and the man's had literaly since the dawn of time to work on it. Lazy bastard.

You're not the only person to think this. Have you ever read Earth X?

Baxter said:
:lol:

Haha, ya make a good point.

UltimateE said:
You're not the only person to think this. Have you ever read Earth X?

I think its important to realize that Earth X is out of continuity...

Kingdome Come is also a great story, but it shouldnt be the sole basis for someone liking Superman.

but while i dont like galactus too much....

The Absolute WORST idea EVER in the HISTORY of Marvel Comics:

The Clone Saga.

It went on for almost a decade, and we found out who was the "real" peter parker on a monthly basis, and there were so many clones! and how the bajeezus did Kaine get the psychic-esque powers?! And why did the Jackal turn INTO his costume!!!! Then Aunt May died. Yup, dead as a door knob, and she said she knew Petey was spidey all along, which is why the issue of Amazing from 2002 where a very-much alive Aunt May is scared sh-tless of finding peter in his costume.

Other Bad Ideas:
1. Maggot
2. H.E.R.B.I.E.
3. Onslaught
4. the resulting "Heroes Reborn" story-arc
5. Cancelling a monthly Deadpool comic (bastards!)
6. Avengers: West Coast
7. Green Goblin IV (Phil Ulrich)
8. Spiderman as Captain Universe
9. Marvel 2099
10. Good Guy Sebastian Shaw (recent Uncanny)

Dr.Strangefate said:
I think its important to realize that Earth X is out of continuity...

Kingdome Come is also a great story, but it shouldnt be the sole basis for someone liking Superman.

All I meant was that it is kind of a dumb idea, but someone recognized that and "fixed" it, even if it isn't in continuity. If you thin kit's a dumb idea, you can feel better about it by reading Earth X and getting that explanation, because it takes a dumb idea and makes it brilliant.

I agree. While I didn't think the story was too bad, the concept/idea was terrible.

Heh, I still have my Death of Superman issue intact in its black bag. :lol:

Dr.Strangefate said:
The Clone Saga.

It went on for almost a decade, and we found out who was the "real" peter parker on a monthly basis, and there were so many clones! and how the bajeezus did Kaine get the psychic-esque powers?! And why did the Jackal turn INTO his costume!!!! Then Aunt May died. Yup, dead as a door knob, and she said she knew Petey was spidey all along, which is why the issue of Amazing from 2002 where a very-much alive Aunt May is scared sh-tless of finding peter in his costume.

You know, there was an explaination to the Kaine thing. They were all exremly enhanced versions of Spider-Man's own powers. The seeing into the future was spider-sense, the mark of Kaine was his ability to stick to walls, and so on.

Now I know this isn't going to be too popular, but if you want to know exactly how The Clone Saga came about check out this link here. It's really a fascinating behind the scenes look at one of marvels biggest screw-ups.

http://www.newcomicreviews.com/GHM/specials/LifeOfReilly/1.html

I'll second that recommendation - great read. Very long but well worth the few days it takes to get through it.

Latest posts

Back