Sub Mariner Movie

But if he couldn't fly, why would he have ankle-wings?

... :?

He is half-fish, he shouldn't have wings, he shouldn't have little feathers! FEATHERS! WINGS! IN A KING OF THE OCEAN! IT'S LIKE.....I don't know, It's like Batman with a dograng or dogplane or dogwhateverisinhisutilitybeltthing. It just doesn't make sense. It's one of the things that I always hated about Namor, I can only like him if I ignore those damn wings.

He is half-fish, he shouldn't have wings, he shouldn't have little feathers! FEATHERS! WINGS! IN A KING OF THE OCEAN! IT'S LIKE.....I don't know, It's like Batman with a dograng or dogplane or dogwhateverisinhisutilitybeltthing. It just doesn't make sense. It's one of the things that I always hated about Namor, I can only like him if I ignore those damn wings.

Maybe he got them from the Chicken of the Sea.

Two things we don't need in films:

Namor's ankle wings.
Captain America's head wings.

Those old timers had a chubby for lil' wings. It's 2007. Time to move forward.

The thing I hate that happens in comics generally is how a hidden civilization is so much more advance than our own, Atlantis, Wakanda, Gorilla City?, etc. I just find it really unbelievible, I'd rather if the two sides were a bit even its just that Atlantis has the military beat in the water, the military has a hard time adjusting to a different style of technilogy finding its weakness and creating stadegy (When Atlantis has been studing ours), or maybe some supernatural element thrown in there and turn this into more of a war.

The thing I hate that happens in comics generally is how a hidden civilization is so much more advance than our own, Atlantis, Wakanda, Gorilla City?, etc. I just find it really unbelievible, I'd rather if the two sides were a bit even its just that Atlantis has the military beat in the water, the military has a hard time adjusting to a different style of technilogy finding its weakness and creating stadegy (When Atlantis has been studing ours), or maybe some supernatural element thrown in there and turn this into more of a war.
I don't necessarily agree entirely with you on that, but I DO think a more plausible and interesting idea is to write about secret civilizations whose technology is not necessarily more 'advanced' so much as it is completely different from our own.

What bothers me about the idea of technology as represented in games and other things like that is that they frequently make the assumption that the course of technological development will always be the same, when in fact the paradigm on which their course of development is built would be entirely different.

I guess a more interesting writing challenge then is to write about technology that is completely alien and confounding to the side that doesn't have it. Imagine if there was a society that did NOT invent the micro-transistor somehow managed to relatively as advanced as a society that did. Or imagine a society that somehow developed advanced weaponry without gunpowder.

Of course, that would take a REALLY smartypants writer.

Or if anything he can fly..just loose the wings

He's also a mutant after all.

Source: Horrie
May 14, 2007

While this should be taken with a fair amount of salt, scooper 'Horrie' writes:

Just got home from my acting class, and a classmate tells me she just did a guest turn on TVs "Bones". Don't know that there's any truth to this or not, but she's saying that David Boreanaz from the show may be up for - or has auditioned - for the "Sub Mariner" movie...he said he had... P.S though my friend called it the "Namor" movie. I assume its the same thing we're talking about.

The Universal Pictures project will be directed by Jonathan Mostow (Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines), who also rewrote the script.

Hopefully Boreanaz gets it.

I think Namor's badass, but I'd actually rather see him in a FF movie... which is why I was kinda disappointed by Silver Surfer being in FF2. If it were a video game, Silver Surfer would be the sub-boss... and we all know who the main boss is.

Galactus is likely going to appear in FF3... but if he makes his big impact in FF2, than how would you top Galactus in FF3?

Hopefully Boreanaz gets it.

I hope so too.

Looks like Namor to me.
David_Boreanaz.jpg

Last edited:
Galactus is likely going to appear in FF3... but if he makes his big impact in FF2, than how would you top Galactus in FF3?

Simple. Give him his body. No more evil cloud "Look out fantastic four ..... He's going to rain"

Simple. Give him his body. No more evil cloud "Look out fantastic four ..... He's going to rain"

I doubt he's going to be a galactic storm cloud once he appears on Earth. Remember, each culture sees Galactus differently. Maybe the "storm cloud" is his true form? It would be a new twist to looking like a humanoid star (like in the comics).
And does anyone else think that the storm cloud in FF1 was probably Galactus? It might not make alot of sense, but it's plausible.

Now what's probably is going to happen is that Silver Surfer shows up in FF2 and sets the stage for Galactus in FF3. However, how can anyone top Galactus after FF3? And if Galactus does make his big move in FF2 instead of FF3... we're still faced with the same problem of topping Galactus in FF3.

Last edited:
Oh! Uh, am I the only one who doesn't want to watch a movie with a guy running around in only fish-skin speedos? I wouldn't mind a scene or two with the actor only wearing fish-skin speedos, it'll be kinda a nod to the old comics... but it's not something I'm willing to watch, lol.

David Boreanaz is too fat now to play Namor.

He wouldn't have been a good choice for Namor anyways.

You need someone who's gonna bring an air of superiority and regalness. David broods well. And he can play a jackass pretty well. Of the top of my head---I'd cast either Justin Theorux or Jude Law.

I could come up with better choices if given time.

I think Namor's badass, but I'd actually rather see him in a FF movie...
I agree, but only if they take NO inspiration from the Ultimate Fantastic Four "Tomb of Namor" arc.

If they did my version of the Namor movie, you know it'd be awesome though.

Ultimate Deadpool said:
Oh! Uh, am I the only one who doesn't want to watch a movie with a guy running around in only fish-skin speedos? I wouldn't mind a scene or two with the actor only wearing fish-skin speedos, it'll be kinda a nod to the old comics... but it's not something I'm willing to watch, lol.
You're just afraid it might turn you on. And that you might do something about it right there in the theater. :p

Latest posts

Back