Sue is way overpowered

UltimateE said:
If you look at it in terms of physical strength, you're right. But as Wasp showed in Ultimates, it doesn't require strength to take down the Hulk.
But thats not the point. As I understand it, she didn't flash/do weird things to the brain of the Hulk, it was a power thing.

Caduceus said:
But thats not the point. As I understand it, she didn't flash/do weird things to the brain of the Hulk, it was a power thing.

As I understood it, it was just some sort of force field or something. I'd have to reread the issue again.

It's really not that different from what she did in the Doom arc when she put a force field in her throat to keep from breathing poisonous gas.

Well, I understand there's a lot to be concerned about with Sue's powers in relation to an ostensibly more 'balanced' universe like the UU, but you have to admit that her powers are no more or less than her 616 counterpart's.

It's a readily acknowledged fact amongst FF fans that Sue has always been the most physically powerful among them. At least, when she got the forcefields, as Sue didn't have that power until a year or so after the team debuted, which Stan Lee invented as a means of giving her a more active role in the team's battles.

There should be some sort of limit to her powers when it comes to being able to lobotomize someone with a thought. We know that she wouldn't just do that for no reason, im sure she won't go around popping brains but like DIrish said if they're in mortal danger (and if the villains are good then they should be) if she doesn't do it then it's poor writing.

She does have weaknesses though, which is good but the ability to sever body parts is a bit too much.

compound said:
But the contemporary reading public just LOVES stories about women named Sue and lobotomized super-villains ;)

i know i do.

Rawb said:
...which is good but the ability to sever body parts is a bit too much

where did the severing limbs come from? i thought that was zombie sue (i love saying that) who said that.

selfproclaimed said:
where did the severing limbs come from? i thought that was zombie sue (i love saying that) who said that.

Lol, I was purposely exaggerating her powers. Ack, I want to be clear I'm not saying I want Sue to be weak. I think it rocks that she's powerful and she should be powerful and in charge of the group and stuff BUT there needs to be a limit to the powers and I think it was passed already.

Not that anyone said that I said that. I'm tired.

Rawb said:
She does have weaknesses though, which is good but the ability to sever body parts is a bit too much.
You mean OTHER superhumans can't sever body parts either? I mean think about it:

Reed: "Y'know, Sue can get a little intimidating sometimes."

Johnny: "She just snapped that guy's neck. With the power of her mind.

Ben: "Power of her mind, bah. I can do that too."

*Ben reaches over for a moloid and snaps his knees*

Ben: "Y'know how I did that? With the power of my mind."

Latest posts

Back