Suggest An Album

Entropy

Basically the title says it all. I'm always looking for something new or different to listen too. I always like to recommend things to people to listen too. So, let's all share.

Post an album and a write-up of it. You don't have to go into too much detail, but try and give some basic info on the album. If it's a compilation, list who's all on it. You know, tickle peoples fancy.

To kick it off, I'll go first.

Howling Bells - Howling Bells
Length
- 42:19
Track Listings
1. "The Bell Hit"
2. "Velvet Girl"
3. "Low Happening"
4. "Broken Bones"
5. "Wishing Stone"
6. "A Ballad for the Bleeding Hearts"
7. "The Night Is Young"
8. "Across the Avenue"
9. "Setting Sun"
10. "Blessed Night"
11. "In the Woods"
12. "I'm Not Afraid"

Desc. - This was my favorite album of last year, and it's been steadily finding a spot in my absolute favorites list. The debut album of this Aussie quartet is something special. They play a sound all their own that touches on poppy, old-fashioned rock ("The Bell Hit", "The Night is Young"), Radiohead-esque indie ("Low Happening") countryl ("Broken Bones", "In the Woods", "Across the Avenue") and smokey barroom blues ("A Balld for the Bleeding Hearts", "I'm Not Afraid") yet is none of the above. A great sound rooted in the sibling dynamic of Joel Stein's guitar and Juanita Stein's sultry voice, the best review I've read by Anthony Thornton on NME really gives a unique and fitting description of their style. Anyways, it's a terrific work (and I'm eagerly expecting their next album here in a couple of months) and I seriously recommend that anybody who hasn't checked these cats out do so.

Metallica - Master of Puppets
Length - 54:42
Track Listings
1. Battery
2. Master of Puppets
3. The Thing That Should Not Be
4. Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
5. Disposable Heroes
6. Leper Messiah"
7. Orion [Instrumental]
8. Damage, Inc.

Description

Simply put, THE essential heavy metal album. Often credited for innovating the thrash metal genre, this album contains eight tracks that are almost all considered classics from the greatest band in the world. The album starts and finishes on a frenzy, the blistering thrash that is Battery and Damage Inc bookending the album perfectly. The title track Master of Puppets is one of the bands greatest songs and fitting of the word 'epic', the opening riff kicking off with "Duh, duhduhduh" is iconic, and in any metal crowd will give birth to a roar of approval. Welcome Home (Sanitarium) is a personal favourite track, slow and dark, it is a fantastic track. The other tracks on the album, from Leper Messiah and The Thing That Should Not Be through to the instrumental Orion are again classic metal tracks. If you even remotely consider yourself a fan of heavy metal or hard rock, this album should already be in your music collection. If not, you ain't a fan.

Latest posts

Back