Superhero

I just watched the trailer after seeing people talk about it. It is pretty funny. I didn't know that Drake was the main hero. (Yes I liked Drake & Josh) but I am disappointed by the basically spider-man re-enactment.

I'm hoping with this been trailer 1 , trailer 2 might have batman clips or x-men or something. You know so we can see it's more than one movie.

I think that would be worse.

Ideally, it wouldn't parody any specific scenes from any of those movies, just the themes, formulas, concepts, and cliches. That's the best kind of parody movie(like Airplane!, The Naked Gun and Wet Hot American Summer.... and Scream to an extent, even though that was self-aware and also horror).

So far they're only parodying a single movie, which is all right.... if you start adding other superhero movies, next thing you know it's other action movies, and then just any movie, and then horrible flavour-of-the-week pop-culure regurgitation that has nothing to do with the genre. That's what killed Scary Movie 4 and the other "Movie" movies since.

The only movie that's successfully parodied a genre by making its plot a mash-up of several movies, IMO, was the original Scary Movie, but that was made by the Wayans, and not Zucker and co.

Ideally, it wouldn't parody any specific scenes from any of those movies, just the themes, formulas, concepts, and cliches. That's the best kind of parody movie(like Airplane!, The Naked Gun and Wet Hot American Summer.... and Scream to an extent, even though that was self-aware and also horror).

So far they're only parodying a single movie, which is all right.... if you start adding other superhero movies, next thing you know it's other action movies, and then just any movie, and then horrible flavour-of-the-week pop-culure regurgitation that has nothing to do with the genre. That's what killed Scary Movie 4 and the other "Movie" movies since.

The only movie that's successfully parodied a genre by making its plot a mash-up of several movies, IMO, was the original Scary Movie, but that was made by the Wayans, and not Zucker and co.

you may be right plus I guess they covered x-men and superman in epic movie.

Yeah, it being a scene-for-scene remake of Spider-Man might get annoying, and it's too bad they didn't make a better costume, and Superhero Movie is a horribly ****ty title(Superhero! would've been better, Dragonfly better still), but I much prefer this to the pop-culture ridden bull**** of the other films they do.

Also, this is Zucker and Nielsen and them, not the two Date Movie/Epic Movie/Meet The Spartans idiots. Basically, if there hadn't been dozens of of ****ty parody movies over the past couple years, this would look considerably better than it does, but even so.... the trailer made it look funny enough(where as I honestly didn't laugh ONCE at anything in in the trailers for those other three). I might see it.

Agreed, same here.

Planet-Man nailed it on the head. Also Leslie Nielson hasn't aged in 20 years.

So far they're only parodying a single movie, which is all right.... if you start adding other superhero movies, next thing you know it's other action movies, and then just any movie, and then horrible flavour-of-the-week pop-culure regurgitation that has nothing to do with the genre.

Well, they have outright mentioned that they're trying to parody all of the recent superhero movie (i.e. Batman Begins, Superman Returns, X-Men, et al). I'd definitely prefer an all-round parody rather than just a Spider-Man parody. There are so many scenes in those three movies that seem like parodies of themselves, anyway.

I had forgot that this was being made.

I was ****faced last night and saw a commercial before I went to bed. I laughed. Now I feel guilty.

I still won't see this until it's on DVD and I have a free rental coupon. Or unless my friends wanna have a big night out with dinner, movie, and bar hopping.

****ty movies like this are always funny with drunken friend commentary.

Last edited:
I saw it. It started out good but turned to crap by the end of it. Better than most of their other "Movies" but still bad

Latest posts

Back