Superman/Batman: Apocalypse

SSJmole

Face-Punching As Foreign Policy
Superman Homepage has learned that Warner Premiere's next DC Universe animated title Superman/Batman: Apocalypse will hit Blu-ray and DVD on September 28. The movie is based on the second story arc, "The Supergirl from Krypton," from Jeph Loeb and Michael Turner's the "Superman/Batman." Here is the cover artwork:

YES! :D:D I love and have that Supergirl arc in my supergirl comics. I can not wait. If the blu-ray is region free I'll have to import that if not I'll buy the dvd

Hmm, I thought DC had their animated projects on hold?

Bruce Timm said:
The DCU films are definitely continuing. We've got projects lined up for the next two years at the very least – lots of films in different stages of development and production. I know there are a lot of rumors circulating about future films. Some are true, some are not. I'll tell you this much – anyone at our DCU/BATMAN: UNDER THE RED HOOD panel at Comic-Con will walk away with a very clear picture of the direction we're taking the DCU animated movies.

From this interview.

I'm more interested in the Green Arrow short.

More Details

To save an earthbound Kryptonian, the Man of Steel and the Dark Knight unite once again – this time to battle the powerful forces of Darkseid – in Superman/Batman: Apocalypse, the ninth entry in the popular, ongoing series of DC Universe Animated Original PG-13 Movies coming September 28, 2010 from Warner Premiere, DC Comics and Warner Bros. Animation. The highly anticipated, full-length film will be distributed by Warner Home Video as a Special Edition Blu-Ray™ and 2-Disc Special Edition DVD as well as single disc DVD. The film will also be available On Demand and for Download.

Fan favorites Tim Daly (Private Practice) and Kevin Conroy (China Beach) return to their seminal roles as Superman and Batman, respectively. The celebrity-laden guest cast is headed by Andre Braugher (Men of a Certain Age) as the daunting Darkseid. Sci-Fi heroine Summer Glau (Serenity/Firefly, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles) provides the voice of Supergirl, and seven-time Emmy Award winner Ed Asner (Up) reprises his Superman: The Animated Series/Justice League role as Granny Goodness.

Also the disc info

Superman/Batman: Apocalypse 2-Disc Special Edition DVD features more than 1 1/2 hours of exciting extra content, including:
• Feature film (est. 75 min)
• DC Showcase: Green Arrow (10 min)
• Sneak Peak at the Next DC Universe Animated Original Movie (10 min)
• Featurette: Supergirl: The Last Daughter of Krypton - A comprehensive look at The Maiden of Might from her introduction in the classic age of comics to her death in the "Crisis on Infinite Earths" crossover event to her appearance on Smallville and beyond.
• 2 bonus episodes from animated television series handpicked by Bruce Timm

Superman/Batman: Apocalypse Special Edition Blu-Ray will include more than 2 1/2 hours of intriguing bonus features, starting with all of the content available on the 2-Disc Special Edition DVD and adding:
• All-New Featurette: The New Gods - This documentary covers Darkseid's story, particularly in reference to the adaptation of Superman/Batman: Apocalypse. A primer on the wealth of material and stories contained in the New Gods series, along with a deeper understanding of why these characters – and especially Darkseid – are so memorable and important to the DC pantheon.
• All-New Featurette Pods
• Orion - The mightiest warrior on either New Genesis or Apokolips, Orion follows an almost Shakespearean arc culminating in the slaying of his father, Darkseid. This mini-featurette shines a light on this classically tragic character.
Mister Miracle - This mini-featurette focuses on the greatest escape artist the universe has ever known and how he was traded in a peace effort to be raised by Darkseid, the enemy of all New Genesis.
• 2 additional bonus TV series episodes handpicked by Bruce Timm
• Digital copy on disc of the feature film

from http://www.enewsi.com/dvd news/283-17894.html

Last edited:
You always know Mole has copied and pasted something when his sentences actually make sense.

Last edited:
You always know Mole has copied and pasted something when his sentences actually make sense.

Especially when I was the one who copied and pasted to him, what he quoted here.

Last edited:
I watched this today. I loved it. It kept the feel of the comic it was based on perfectly and the changes in story ect.. Made sense and made it a better movie. This maybe my new favourite DC Animated movie. If not then it's behind the wonder woman movie.

Latest posts

Back