Superman: Braniac Attacks DVD (spoilers)

Victor Von Doom

Fist of teh Internets.
Re: Justice League Unlimited

I'm just letting you all know ....in case you missed it on Toonami last Saturday.....the Superman: Brainiac Attacks DVD is total cheese and not worth it.

I mean duh, I didn't expect it to be anything profound...but they changed several key voices. There's someone else doing Lex's voice....and they have him as comedy relief instead of a threat. I don't know why it irked me.....but it did.

The only cool thing was some of the upgraded animation. That and one scene where Superman reveals to Lois that he is Clark. But then 5 minutes later we learn that it was all an illusion and not real. So the moment lost all meaning........

Worth a free rental and that's all. I wouldn't waste $5 on this rental......unless you're really jonesin' for some Timm Superman. But if that's the case just buy the Vol.3 Animated Series DVD that came out today as well.

Although there if you do buy the Brainiac Attack DVD.....there is a free ticket for Superman Returns. But even then....you just paid $15 for a single movie ticket.

So yeah......just a heads up on the DVD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I saw this on TV on Monday. It was mediocre, there are way better Superman episodes than this movie. Personally, I hate Braniac (with the exception of when he was in JLU) I just think that he is just a really flat character, so maybe I was a little biased while watching.

I saw this on tv and it was horrible, this totaltly crapped on what they built up from Superman TAS, Justice League, and JLU for the past 10 years.

I dont mind the voice changes, sure the series ones were much betrter but sometimes these things cant be helped. But their characterizations were horrible. Lex was soo bad *** in the series, this cold hearted businessman who is usually cool, calm and ruthless was left to nothing but a joke... a very lame joke. They made him into a bumbling villain instead of the bad *** who almost dominated the world several times.

And Braniac... what the ****? He was a computer in the show very machinical in speaking and acting. Here he smirked.... WHAT THE ****?! then the had he chuckle BRANIAC DOES ****ING CHUCKLE!!

And the fortress of Solitude was stupid, they went more towards the movie but the show was different and more suited for this it was just really cheesy, and the whole Phantom Zone thing could have been much better, instead of a cop out illusion he should of had to fight imprision villains like ZOD!

I really hated how they coped out of telling Lois they should of went for it, why the hell not The show has been around for a decade? Just go for it no need to keep a status quo. I also hated his realisation at the end, "Wait Lois will be in danger no matter what so doesnt matter if Clark is there or not"

This could have been much better, but I found it very weak

thee great one said:
I just bought this and havn't watched it yet...

Now I don't want too...

HA!!!!! How does it feel now huh?!?!?! How does it fel to have your hopes and dreams about something dashed?!?!?!

:lol:

thee great one said:

I said it was good fool.

Oh no you don't!!! You won't take this victory from me!!!! Not this time.

FACT - you had high hopes for this and I dashed 'em.

VICTORY!!!! :twisted:

Victor Von Doom said:
Oh no you don't!!! You won't take this victory from me!!!! Not this time.

FACT - you had high hopes for this and I dashed 'em.

VICTORY!!!! :twisted:

I had no high hopes.

I thought it would be watchable.

We already seen Lex-Brainiac

Twice. I thought it was kind of lame.

This was worth seeing on tv, where it's free, but I would spend a dime on it. Why couldn't they get the same voice actor from the Superman show and JLA to play Lex Luthor for the movie? He just seemed way to gay for Lex Luthor.

Guys, about Lex Luthor. Remember the old Superman movies, where Lex, despite being a very real threat, was a joke? Well Superman Returns is a sequel, and thus, he's the same way. With Superman Returns so close, they wanted Lex in "Brainiac Attacks" to be similar to that.

Ultimate Deadpool said:
Guys, about Lex Luthor. Remember the old Superman movies, where Lex, despite being a very real threat, was a joke? Well Superman Returns is a sequel, and thus, he's the same way. With Superman Returns so close, they wanted Lex in "Brainiac Attacks" to be similar to that.

Well then they made a REAL bad choice.

MaxwellSmart said:
This was worth seeing on tv, where it's free, but I would spend a dime on it. Why couldn't they get the same voice actor from the Superman show and JLA to play Lex Luthor for the movie? He just seemed way to gay for Lex Luthor.
Well its probably like contracting negotiations failed, time issue or something like that.

Ultimate Deadpool said:
Well you see the problem is that this is based of an existing continuity were Lex wasnt a bumbling fool. And they just really betrayed the spirit of Superman TAS/JL/JLU with that. It was a bad choice.

Ultimate Deadpool said:
Victor Von Doom said:
Well then they made a REAL bad choice.

Don't worry, Vic. I know someone who's seen Superman Returns already and Lex is not a bit joke. I believe his exact words were that Spacey's Lex is undoubtedly "the darkest, most sinister version of Lex ever seen on screen".

I had all the same concerns as you before reading that.

Random said:
Well you see the problem is that this is based of an existing continuity were Lex wasnt a bumbling fool. And they just really betrayed the spirit of Superman TAS/JL/JLU with that. It was a bad choice.

You're getting no arguements from me, I hated Lex in "Brainic Attacks" and the old Superman movies.

Planet-Man said:
Don't worry, Vic. I know someone who's seen Superman Returns already and Lex is not a bit joke. I believe his exact words were that Spacey's Lex is undoubtedly "the darkest, most sinister version of Lex ever seen on screen".

I REALLY hope that's true. I've only seen one scene in the previews of Lex in the movie, and he was the same as he was in the old Superman movies. But I'll admit, Kevin Spacey looks far for devilish than Gene Hackman.

Planet-man said:

I had all the same concerns as you before reading that.
That surprises me

This overall was horrible.

The characterions were very poor. Luthor was more Joker and Brainiac wasw more Luthor. I guess it could be explained that Luthor came back from wherever he was with Darkseid and it damaged his mind and memory. And Brainiac from being joined with Luthor picked up on some of his habits.

But there was no explainion and it was stupid. On the one hand, the fighting and animation was great.

I thought it would redeem the movie if Lois finally found out but no, they pulled a Smallville.

Crap.

Latest posts

Back