"Superman V: The Whole Sordid Saga"

moonmaster

Without him, all of you would be lost souls roamin
Continued from the Fantastic Four thread...

Here's an article about the long and twisted road that was "Superman V":

"Superman V: The Whole Sordid Saga."

It's a long read, but it's definitely worth it. You get to see just how badly Tim Burton, J.J. Abrams and a host of other people would have screwed up Superman. Everything from gay robots to polar bears, giant spiders to Kryptonian Kung-Fu.

It definitely makes you appreciate Superman Returns.

Last edited:
moonmaster said:
It definitely makes you appreciate Superman Returns.

I've heard a billion people say that on the Superman Homepage over the past year, but I still don't care.

Yes, Superman Returns is a much better alternative, but I'm still not crazy about it.

I mean, how would you like if everytime you said "Oh man, Bush is such and idiot! He's ruining [the economy, foreign pollicies, international relations, etc.]!" someone came back at you with "Oh yeah? Well imagine what America would've been like if the NAZIS had won World War II!"

That's a good point, planet-man.

I need to read this someday. I've heard about Kevin Smith's Superman, when he rides around on some giant metal spider. That speaks for itself.

ProjectX2 said:

I need to read this someday. I've heard about Kevin Smith's Superman, when he rides around on some giant metal spider. That speaks for itself.
Yeah I read that script, but kinda lost attention around the spider part. Had some good part but was SOO CHEESY. I recall hearing that Tim Burton horribly critizes it or something like that and so Kevin Smith wrote on the cover of a bunch copies of his script "**** Tim Burton". That script needed a serious rewrite.

ProjectX2 said:

Thanks. And don't get me wrong, it is a hilarious read. I mean, in one of the versions Lex Luthor is a disgrunteld shoe-salesman who's possesed by the devil, making him a criminal mastermind!

Planet-man said:
I've heard a billion people say that on the Superman Homepage over the past year, but I still don't care.

Yes, Superman Returns is a much better alternative, but I'm still not crazy about it.

I mean, how would you like if everytime you said "Oh man, Bush is such and idiot! He's ruining [the economy, foreign pollicies, international relations, etc.]!" someone came back at you with "Oh yeah? Well imagine what America would've been like if the NAZIS had won World War II!"
As someone who liked the movie, it makes me appreciate it even more.
Thanks. And don't get me wrong, it is a hilarious read. I mean, in one of the versions Lex Luthor is a disgrunteld shoe-salesman who's possesed by the devil, making him a criminal mastermind!
Abrams' script is funny, too. Lex as a Kryptonian CIA agent, Krypton not blown up, and what is just about a complete rip-off of the Matrix and the Star Wars prequels. I love LOST, but what the hell was J.J. thinking?

moonmaster said:
As someone who liked the movie, it makes me appreciate it even more.

(in Matt Foley voice)

Well WHOOP-DE-FREAKIN-doo for you!:p

Abrams' script is funny, too. Lex as a Kryptonian CIA agent, Krypton not blown up, and what is just about a complete rip-off of the Matrix and the Star Wars prequels. I love LOST, but what the hell was J.J. thinking?

I know, eh? I'd heard of that script before but didn't realize it was Abrams who wrote it until around the end of LOST's first season, and I couldn't believe he was capable of writing a story that bad.

Last edited:
It would be cool if they updated this article to how the movie got back to its feet, became more faithful to the source material and got Singer, Routh, etc.

I respect Nicolas Cage a lot more now because of his stance to be faithful to the comic book, as well as Kevin Smith. Tim Burton being an arrogant jerk as well as that Peters guy should stay away in doing any comic book films. Heck, Mark Millar adding some BS news does not do good with his rep as well.

Anyone that watches Kevin Smith's "An Evening with Kevin Smith" gets his story on the Superman movie. Why there would of been giant spiders, polar bears, and gay robots. The guy that would of put the giant spider in help make Wild Wild West. Which had a giant spider in it.

That movie is one the funniest thing I ever seen in my life. I couldn't stop laughing. It's a must.

Latest posts

Back