Superman's powers

Victor Von Doom said:
Simply put....he's the greatest hero out there. The Alpha and Omega of Heroes.....
No matter who you are what you like or what you hate there's no denying that statement, Superman is "He who came first" the start of it all, the original Superhero. No matter how crazy powerful he gets, having bad continuity, or how poorly he is written he will ALWAYS be known for that. 60 plus years and still going strong. I hope that the day that the comic industry ends the last comic will be a Superman one. Long live the S.

I've read some good Superman stories.

Godfall was my favorite one yet.
In it the city of Kandor, which was a city in a bottle in the fortess of solitade, has became a futuristic world. It seems time passes much faster in their world. Superman is a legend and a god. The Superman Corps are the law enforcement. Any being that is an alien is spat on and not trusted. Superman after a battle with Brainiac was hurled back in the timestream. A telepathic alien on Kandor find him and brought him to her. She made him think he was on Krypton and never left. That his father saved them and they were married and had a son.

An alien gang attacked him and he started to manifest powers of the Superman.
The alien chick ends up escaping Kandor and gets powers like his. She thinks that he is a god and that she will be too. He goes after her and is followed by Presus the commader of the SMC. Who gets powers and hates them all.

It's a really good story that he is viewed as a god but he still makes mistakes and forgets about Kandor.

For Tomorrow was really good. That something major happened that Superman was powerless to stop and it took his wife. They were brillant.

Red Son is ****ing brilliant.

Wait, this is about Superman's powers?

ProjectX2 said:
Red Son is ****ing brilliant.

Wait, this is about Superman's powers?

Yo, damn straight! Maybe the best thing Millar has ever wrote.

And while when I was a kid I hated Superman, I now know that he truly rules.

Besides, what super-hero's powers don't change like ever issue. It's just a different scale because Superman has so much power.

Not that I've read very many Superman stories, but my favorite is still Kingdom Come. The Lex Luthor in that continuity described his powers best when he said that Supes is like a solar battery, and with him living on Earth for so many years, nay, decades, absorbing all that energy, he was completely invunerable and nigh-omnipotent. It took the full strength of Shazam to just slow him down, and even after being weakened by that battle, he still survived a nuke that wiped out all (er, most) of the other meta-humans fighting around him. So this could be an accurate metaphor for Supes' status in the DCU as time goes by. Writers keep making him more and more powerful until a literal Crisis of Reality is needed to depower him (again). Tis a vicious cycle.

Bass said:
I think I have that one.
It had the Clark Kent to Superman sketches and the Superman/Batman Frank Quitely/Jim Lee "Jam Cover" (I hate that term for some reason).

Dunno about the cover, but yep, I got it. I think I got the She-Hulk cover because I'm in dire need for some pootang.

moonmaster said:
It had the Clark Kent to Superman sketches and the Superman/Batman Frank Quitely/Jim Lee "Jam Cover" (I hate that term for some reason).
Don't you remember? It was that night Jam tried to ruin all your favorite Superman covers. And it was the jam flavor you hate the most...

Bendis Peach Flavor.
:shock:

Bass said:
Dunno about the cover, but yep, I got it. I think I got the She-Hulk cover because I'm in dire need for some pootang.

It is the fear of that pereption that prevents me from buying or reading She-Hulk.

Ice said:
Don't you remember? It was that night Jam tried to ruin all your favorite Superman covers. And it was the jam flavor you hate the most...

Bendis Peach Flavor.
:shock:
AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back